It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA says 'no' to asian tourists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The US seems to be applying different rules to anyone of asian extraction. I'm sure many other Brits will see this and choose to spend their money elsewhere - the implications for the US tourist tourist industry are obviouis

Anger as father ejected from US

A father was quizzed for four hours and then thrown out of the United States in front of his wife and family.
Azar Iqbal, from Cheadle, Greater Manchester, was sent home on a plane at Atlanta last Thursday - despite officials allowing his family through.

He said he was shocked when US police allegedly saw him as a security threat as the group headed for Disneyland.

Mr Iqbal said he was also told Asian people needed a special visa.

** SNIP**

The incident is alleged to have taken place on the day British airports were put on alert over a reported plot to blow up several Transatlantic flights.

Mr Iqbal said after landing at Atlanta he was questioned by immigration officers who asked if he knew any of the terror suspects arrested in Britain.

Mark Hunter, Liberal Democrat MP for Cheadle, said he would be writing to the Home Office and to the American embassy to ask for an explanation.

"He appears to have been turned back at Atlanta airport with no clear explanation, and he has been handed no documentation," he said.

"All he has is a hand written note that has been entered into his passport by an official in Atlanta.

"I don't see why our citizens should have to put up with it

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Thats OK he can always come into the US via Mexico border.

At the border will be none to do any racial profile, in case if he is guilty of any wrong doings he still will have a chance.

Realy, this so ridiculous is bordering on pathetic.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The US does not have to let anyone in.

You title is both false and misleading. This happened to 1 individual (actually this is the first I've heard of it).

Until there is an actual explantion from the US I wouldn't jump to conclusions. Maybe this individual was performing one of the 'test' flights and was using his family as cover.

You don't know.....I don't know so unitl other information is giving one shouldn't jump to conclusions with such a hateful title.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Just to clarify, I believe in Britain Asian means both traditionally Asian and Middle Eastern, right? Can you guys explain that for us Americans on here? Thanks.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Just to clarify, I believe in Britain Asian means both traditionally Asian and Middle Eastern, right? Can you guys explain that for us Americans on here? Thanks.

nope asian = someone from south east asia and east asia
no middle easten person is seen as asian and i am asian

on topic there goes my plan for a holiday in the us

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Asian in Britian generally means people from south Asia, like India, and Pakistan. Middle Easterners are sometimes identified as such, though its mostly south Asians.

Americans refer to Asians as people of east Asian origin, in otherwards, like Chinese, Japanese, Korean, ect..... thats where the confusion exists. In Britian, they call East easians orientals, i think.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
In the UK 'Asian' is used for people of both Chinese/Japanese/Korean etc and Indian/Pakistani/Bagladeshi etc origins.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's not 'hateful' at all - stop being so defensive, the guy was targeted, asked silly questions and refused entry all because of his ethnicity / colour.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

Don't worry you can always make it through the border

Get yourself some Id, license for the right prices and enjoy your vacation playing tourist.

As long as you spend the money you will be just fine.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   

You title is both false and misleading. This happened to 1 individual (actually this is the first I've heard of it). .

Until there is an actual explantion from the US I wouldn't jump to conclusions. Maybe this individual was performing one of the 'test' flights and was using his family as cover.

You don't know.....I don't know so unitl other information is giving one shouldn't jump to conclusions with such a hateful title.

Mod Edit: General ATS Discussion Etiquette/Excessive Bolding – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
There's an echo in here!

Mate you're not convincing me by reposting what you just said and putting it in bold!

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

What a loss. And BTW, thanks for clearing up the Asian thing, it’s just that when I think of Asian, India and Pakistan aren’t included in the list.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Until there is an actual explantion from the US I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

Since when does the world or the citizens of the US for that matter have to wait for the US to make a statement before it is valid?

Really sad, really. Being someone that relies on the tourism industry almost completely, I find this disgusting if it is actually how it was put in this article.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
What other 'asian' tourists have been denied entry to the US without reason?

What was the reason for dening this guy from the US?

You don't know, do you?

I didn't think 'trolling' was allowed on this site.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I don't know why you put random 'words' in 'quotes' - it 'suggests' they're slang or the titles of something - for exmple publications.

Perhaps 'you' suffer from keyboard Tourette's 'in' which case I apologise.

I didn't say there were other instances of this - I said one UK asian man was asked silly questions and refused entry to the US on the apparent basis of him being of UK/Pakistani descent and that the inferrence that would be drawn would be that asians are not welcome in the US.

I'm real sorry y'all that I live in a godamned different country that aint the great yoonitedstates.

We use different words here, spell differently - why we even write dates differently!

I know we're just a bunch of no good goddam limeys to some but to criticize me for using my own language correctly is, perhaps, missing the point of an international forum and the whole internet.

You have a nice day now

[edit on 17/8/2006 by Strangerous]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
What other 'asian' tourists have been denied entry to the US without reason?

What was the reason for dening this guy from the US?

You don't know, do you?

I didn't think 'trolling' was allowed on this site.

LMAO you must have been looking in the mirror when typing that responce. So far you have just repeated yourself and added nothing to the discussion. OH and if your gonna pull someone up on spelling and grammar get your own right first it's Asian not asian, i put the capital 'A' in bold just incasein case you need help.

O/T
I think this will do little to help the growing resentment against America in this country. In the end it will be the American citizens that will suffer if they do this on a regular basis. Hell i am not sure of the numbers but i bet that allot of your tourism comes from us Brits/Europeans.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Hooray for the blame being passed down to the average joe.

I don't see why they'd go to the trouble of deporting just one person until he was doing something that he shouldn't have done or was planning on doing.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Then you can say the exact same for any other country, They do not have to allow US Citizens in.....

You title is both false and misleading. This happened to 1 individual (actually this is the first I've heard of it). .

This is not an isolated incident, there was a Guy (Standy Passenger), who was asked to leave the Airplane while sleeping, going from London to the USA, ridiculous if you ask me. As I see it some members from the US also post Misleading Titles so quit criticising.

It is a conspiracy forum. Do you know what that is?? Everyone is entitled to their opinions as well as you so stop trying to cause problems geez.....

Not allowing Asians in to their country on Vcation will only mean their Tourist Industry will suffer. At the end of the day if thats what they want then this is gonna happen.

(Better tell my mother to cencel her Holiday to the USA and go elsewhere).

[edit on 17-8-2006 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
So because you know of 2 people who weren't allowed into the country, no one should come here and Americans shouldn't be allowed to go anywhere? Wow, good thing your PM does everything we say or else we might consider you an enemy.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

So because you know of 2 people who weren't allowed into the country, no one should come here and Americans shouldn't be allowed to go anywhere? Wow, good thing your PM does everything we say or else we might consider you an enemy.

You lot already do, Maybe you should go to the thread: Is the Uk our Enemy!!

Is not just them 2 incidents is it anyone who goes to the USA who does not comform to the US of A's Profilen is singlled out.

I did not say it was your faults, The US has every right to refuse anyone into their country just the same as anyone else in the World.....

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Again, "you lot" is maybe one or two people. The overwhelming majority of the US views the UK as our friend, as our ally. We don't have anything against any of you. If you're government f's up, we blame your govt. and don't try to take it out on your civilians. At least have the courtesy to do the same.

Now, I'm sure there are many incidents such as the one this thread is about, but there is no way they're going to single out a single individual for no reason other than he's helping generate revenue for our country and force him out. It doesn't add up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join