It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawk attacking joggers in the UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
A strange behaviour of a hawk in the UK

The hawk is terrorising a cathedral city where it has attacked two joggers and killed a pet. Experts are trying to catch it before it strikes again. They fear it could seriously injure a young child.

The hawk attacked some joggers causing them injuries.

The Harris hawk, which has a 3ft wingspan, is roaming the skies above Lichfield, Staffs.

Diane Jackson-Bond, 44, described yesterday how she was left bloodied after being attacked while running along a country lane.

Miss Jackson-Bond, a former policewoman, said: "I had seen the bird and thought that it was following me but put such ideas out of my head and carried on jogging. "Moments later it flew down on to my head with such a force that it almost knocked me sideways. "It had its talons embedded in my skull and it was agony. I managed to shoo it away briefly but then it came back at me. "Luckily a man who was driving past stopped and said 'get in'. So I did and he drove me to safety. "I was so frightened - its talons got me and I had blood all over my head and face. "I had some nasty scratches for a couple of days afterwards. The bird was big and hefty. I have three children aged 14, 11 and 10 and I worry that they'll get hurt."

Please, read the full story and add your comments about it.
Hawk attacks joggers in the UK

Hawks usually do not attack humans and if it belongs to a falconer, it should be used to human contact.
Why such a strange and dangerous behaviour?

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I guess at the end of the day its going back to some basic instincts – or is just very peeved at something!

But as you say it is strange to have them attacking humans.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Guys I am telling you, it is that crazy weather we are having. I think that the weather is going to take a turn for the worse and we might all have to rely on our "basic instincts". And I know a lot of people can feel the change in the air too. We are in for some rough times.

join