It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question of of much ignorance, but requires an answer, the truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
There are many stories of the necronomicom. That it is the infamous book of the dead. But there are many different versions of the book. I need to know the real book. The malevolent power that is suppose to have the ability to bring about doom to the entire world.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The original Necromonicon was wrote along time ago by a middle eastern man i believe(could be wrong). There is other versions of the book by Aleister Crowley and H.P. Lovecraft.

A copy of the Alister Crowley one can be downloaded for free Here

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Care to tell me a little about it?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Well to be honest with you i have not read it properly yet and there isn't much on the net about it surprisingly. From what i get its supposed to be a powerful Occult book depending on what version you get, the H.P. Lovecraft one is fiction he made for a story. The best advice i can give is download it from the link above and read it, i have heard it is very interesting.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Here's a link for you-

www.geocities.com...

With thanks to dr_strangecraft, resident Lovecraft expert, from this thread-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Thanks for the help. I will check these links out.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The Necronomicon is simply a fable by Lovecraft. Other 'Necronomicons' by Crowley or Simon are nothing but hoaxes trying to cash in on the Lovecraft fable.
There is NO original written 1600 years ago by Abdul something or other.

G

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Do you want to provide some proof of this, we all know the Lovecraft one is fake and was made up for a story. You want to disprove the others? Feel free im all ears. You see even lovecraft admitted that he got the idea for his necromonicon from other necromonicons.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by picklewalsh
Do you want to provide some proof of this, we all know the Lovecraft one is fake and was made up for a story. You want to disprove the others? Feel free im all ears. You see even lovecraft admitted that he got the idea for his necromonicon from other necromonicons.

While not being able to provide proof of this ,however the Crowley and Simon versions were created after Lovecrafts. Also the fact that there are NO survivng copies in any language of the supposed original.
But on saying that I do believe that a manuscript was written that all the necronomicons are based on, however this manuscript and all others after are NOT ways of contacting the dead.
Look at the Book of Goetia (lesser key of solomon) none of it works neither does the necronomicon

G

join