It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vulcan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I know its not really recent or realtive, but its looking more and more likely that the plane that holds the record for the longest distance bombing mission in history is never going to fly again. Such a shame that in this day in age when countries like thr US have loads of its old planes still flying that this great aircraft that only ceased flying in 1991 is never going to return to the sky

External Link

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
What can WE do? Honestly its the people in forums like these that go to the airshows and keep the history alive. I hate to see stuff like the fall short. I was just an airshow here in Can Kitchener ON and I got the great chance to talk to people that felt the same way as me. My question is there nothing we can do?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Canada_EH
My question is there nothing we can do?

Donate money is the only answer. Funds have already come from the lottery for this project and there will always be competing claims for this cash but if we want the project to stay alive someone has to pay for it.

I'm not trying to be smug here because it's a long time since I contributed and that wasn't very much as I recall - we're all victims of apathy - and to be fair, it's a bloody shame if British aircraft enthusiasts can't get a British aerospace icon back in the air. (I'm conscious of the fact that you are across the pond).

You can donate via the website so let's get some cash moving people.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It seems Lady Fortune is not with any of Avro's best-looking creations. The Arrow, now the Vulcan... Either that or Lady Luck just hates my favs.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Theres a forum on that site, and the list of companies and people that have been contacted to try and get a big donation in is incredible, nearly every blue chip company you can think of has been asked, including branson and other aviation enthusiasts. The museum at bruntingthorpe is open every sunday, I think I might pop down before the end of the month and take a look just incase it gets wrapped up

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The Vulcan to the Sky Trust would like to thank anyone who helped ensure that the Vulcan will fly again, with hundreds of thousands of pounds being donated or pledged That these pledges and donations are for the most part made up of thousands of individual amounts in the £10 to 100 range is testament to the strength of the public's desire to see the Vulcan fly again. That said, I am absolutely delighted to announce today that the project has just received a truly magnanimous donation of £500,000. The team at Bruntingthorpe – and, indeed, the British aviation community – are greatly in his debt.

My bet is on Richard Branson who gave that donation. Though, if I had a couple of mil, I would donate to the cause too. Cant wait to see it in action, as its been a while. My attendance at the Fairford airshow next year is now assured
Truely, this is a fantastic announcement.

Vulcan Website

[edit on 31-8-2006 by tronied]

[edit on 31-8-2006 by tronied]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   
the rumour mill says it was Jack Hayward, the Wolverhampton Wonderers Chairman. I may change the football club I support now!
Someone has alread doctored some pictures of the old girl, replacing the squadron badge with the Wolves badge!!

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I think it doesn't hold the longest distance record anymore.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Yep the B2 beat it a while back.

top topics

join