It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recommend good photo analysis software??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Does anybody know of any good Photo Analysis software I can get my hands on?, I would like to start looking at these UFO pics in more detail that pop up on site.. Any help would be appreciated.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Depends on exactly WHAT you are trying to look at more closely... with that said PHOTOSHOP is the be all end all. (unless you work for L&M)

Note: Most people only scratch the surface of photoshop and are VERY unaware of its capabilites and full potential. (yet they call themselves experts or designers- cute really)

I have been using it EVERYDAY for 13+ years... abd i still find new things it can do.

Peace

[edit on 17-8-2006 by Serum39]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Thanks for that, it's just this latest Poland ufo photo made me think i wanted to look at it more closely, a bit of personal detective work on some of the UFO photos i've come across, what tools in Adobe could I use to analyse?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I you're looking for free/shareware, "Gimp" is a good program as well.

Lots of features and abilities.

Did I mention it's free?

Seriously though, the interface takes a little getting used to but it is a very capable program that can likely handle whatever you throw at it.

[edit on 8/17/06 by redmage]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
There are also freeware packages of simple image conversion and processing algorithms that run on Linux systems. These software packages are mostly used in academics to teach image processing techniques. They are out there somewhere. The good part is the code is often open source, so you can see what the algorithms are doing to your pictures. You will learn the properties of edge detection algorithms, etc, in the process of applying them.

But for hands off, I'd go with the suggestions above.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serum39
Depends on exactly WHAT you are trying to look at more closely... with that said PHOTOSHOP is the be all end all. (unless you work for L&M)

Uh, are you refering to ILM? ILM uses Photoshop extensively

Like serum39 says, Photoshop IS everything you need, i believe there is a cropped down "light" version which might be equally good because you wont need layer capabilities or any of the sophisticated paint/math/web/pen etc. tools. All you need is the pixel adjustment tools in order to look for anomalies.

Problem is that most of the source material i have seen is compressed and cropped in such a way that any subtle information is waaay gone. A pixel is a pixel.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I think Paint.NET is good also.
www.getpaint.net...

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I us ea program called twisted brush. Its primarily an art program, but under the covers wow wee people it actually gives photoshop cs2 a real hard run for its money!

The only snag is that when using filters it needs a little longer to do the job, but some of the effects and filters are mind blowing.
Along with that you get a plethora of awesome brushes - each set having 20 or so variations of theme.

I recommend it whole heartedly, but if its serious de bunking you need to do, the good old CS2 is bang on the buck - But if its painting AND image manipulation you want, Twisted all the way!

hey ill even bang up an evil Tony blair piccie to show off the devil skin brush....freaking awesome!!

[edit on 17-8-2006 by D4rk Kn1ght]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
img92.imageshack.us...

Here you go - the devil inside him is slipping out into this world to cause blood shed death and havoc.... or is that just his normal self??? lol

Any how, thats a 5 minute twisted brush demo of the devil skin. very quick and simple but it gives a small idea of what its capable of. (i hope)

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by October
Does anybody know of any good Photo Analysis software I can get my hands on?, I would like to start looking at these UFO pics in more detail that pop up on site..

I'm sure there is software but the real trick (I would think) it to know what to look for in the image.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I like the Devil Brush effect, really cool..

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   
If you can find a decent copy, I recommend either:
Xnview or Ifran View.

Transposing onto a multi-color palette, then changing file formats almost always exposes the fakes.

These sites seem to have been hit lately, however.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   
More polish pics-
www.ufoevidence.org...
These would have to be some of the best pics ever if legit, and this year to

[edit on 18-8-2006 by EB_GB]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Photoshop absolutly the best.

One thing you can do if the picture is digital is:
open file in photoshop.
goto > file > file info

it will tell you everything about the file you need to know.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by EB_GB
Are these the Polish pics your refering too-
www.ufoevidence.org...

No, its this one.

With that kind of image there is no program capable of any decent work.

Remember that "Garbage In, Garbage Out" applies to all data analysis.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
One thing you can do if the picture is digital is:
open file in photoshop.
goto > file > file info

it will tell you everything about the file you need to know.

That is one of the many things I like in Opera, it shows the EXIF data of the images, but only the basic.

For more extensive info I use Opanda IExif. It works like a normal program, from inside Internet Explorer or by right-clicking a file in Windows Explorer. It also exists as a Firefox extension.

I forgot to mention that IExif is freeware and can be download from here.

PS: when will the ATS "technical staff" solve this problem of editing the posts and losing all changes when we hit the "Preview Post" button?

[edit on 18/8/2006 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
They have some new software just made that detects hoaxes by comparing light sources and whatnot. Don't know if it's possible to get your hands on that or not though.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Ufos are blurry and flat on the bottom.

That craft looks too clear to be a real ufo image.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
the ats people should use a page in a page rather then have it refresh. AJAX would work. Be easier then using sessions or cookies.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serum39

Note: Most people only scratch the surface of photoshop and are VERY unaware of its capabilites and full potential. (yet they call themselves experts or designers- cute really)

I have been using it EVERYDAY for 13+ years... abd i still find new things it can do.

Peace

[edit on 17-8-2006 by Serum39]

..did you pay full for photoshop

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join