It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

grr I am ready to throw my pc out the window

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Look !!!!
everytime I log in I have to log in again and again and again and again and again.

If I go from PTS to ATS I have to log in. It is driving me insane

How do I fix this???
I know its MY PROBLEM but how do I change the settings to stop this repetitive strain??
and please dont say just allow cookies cos I allow cookies, I am eating them right now...but I have no idea about this pc ruddy stuff

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Probably a cookie issue.
Clear all your cookies from ATS and try again.
Oh yeah, thats not advice to just allow cookies, but to actually remove the cookies from ATS and to 'reallow' them

Good luck

-Melem

[edit on 17-8-2006 by melem]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
what browser are you using?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
browser?

internet??? um its microsoft..

I just went into privacy and 'overode' automatic cookie handling :O

farout!! and clicked allow session ??? am i in the right area?
cant believe this BS I havent done anything dif and all of a sudden its doing it.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777
If I go from PTS to ATS I have to log in. It is driving me insane

I think that's just the way the forum is set up. You have to log in separately for each domain, but it's only necessary to log in once for each one.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay

I think that's just the way the forum is set up. You have to log in separately for each domain, but it's only necessary to log in once for each one.

well I used to log in b4 and only did it once and now it is happening all the time.

it is so frustrating.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
im assuming then that its internet explorer (perhaps you may switch over to firefox sometime as its a better browser)

try going to tools/internet options/content/auto complete settings/tick user names and passwords on forms

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
LOL Sorry can't help laughing because I know exactly how you feel. I don't enjoy logging in even once so I can understand how exasperating it must be to need to keep doing it repeatedly....especially when you want to post a message and you are forced to go through the logging process all over again. Personally I think I'm just going to keep myself logged in permanently so I can just come here any time and be able to post immediately.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
One Login Should Do It

You definitely shouldn't need to keep logging in multiple times!

This sounds like a cookie problem.

For things to work right, your browser must accept cookies from the following domains:

www.abovetopsecret.com
politics.abovetopsecret.com
www.belowtopsecret.com

When it does, you should be able to log in ONCE to any one of those domains and move freely between them.

Some types of Internet security software will block cookies, and there are Internet Explorer settings which can cause that as well.

Once things are set up right, however, you shouldn't need to log in to anything again unless you've logged out (or switch computers, there's a server reset or some other unusual condition).

It's all about the cookies.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This happens to me all the time.

I'm logged in, I switch pages and then I'm logged out. While logged out, I click on a thread and Presto! I'm logged back in again.

It's all very confusing. Do I have half-eaten cookies on my pc?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Whatever you do, don't throw your pc out the window. Give it to me. I need a new pc.
Nothing slower than 850 mhz however. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I threw my printer outta the window! It felt sooo good I ran downstairs to get it and threw it out the window again! It was an Oki if that serves as some reasoning btw...

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It might have to do with your security level or firewall. Try setting your security level to medium.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You probably have your IE setting set to dump cookies when you exit IE. Go to

tools > options > advanced tab> check to see if the box labeled "empty temp internet files folder....." is checked. If so uncheck it.

hope it helps.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I had this exact same problem. I found out that my version of IE has a glitch that dumps cookies regardless of your settings.

I worked with a technician for over a week on the problem. Finally I downloaded Firefox - problem solved.

MS is suppose to be coming out with a patch to remedy the problem, but I am not holding my breath.

Firefox is free and is easy to use. Download it and rejoin the land of the "logged in" again!

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I HAVE THE SOLUTION!!

It's soo simple! Why has no one thought of this before?
That really does surprise me!

Get FireFox!
Ohh, the simplicity!

Admittedly, IE worked fine for me, but firefox is just so much better for PC, especially if it's a slow one. I am now addicted to tabs . . .

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Well I use IE 7 most of the time but a real nice browser I also use is called K-Meleon it has tabs and other stuff and is free

K-Meleon - The Browser You Control

kmeleon.sourceforge.net...

K-Meleon is an extremely fast, customizable, lightweight web browser for the win32 (Windows) platform based on the Gecko layout engine (the rendering engine of Mozilla). K-Meleon is free, open source software released under the GNU General Public License.

You may read through the list of Features available in K-Meleon before you Download the latest release version (currently version 1.01) to try it out.
Screen shots

[edit on 18/8/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I gotta jump on the bandwagon here, Firefox solved many issues I was having. I'll NEVER go back to IE.

wupy

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
IE

the only good thing about IE is that ieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee is what I would yell as I IE yet again caused me grief.

Firefox

Another:
Opera
www.opera.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I use Firefox as well, and the only times that I ever log into ATS/PTS/BTS is when I clear my cookies. Otherwise, I just click on my toolbar, and voila! I am definitely backing Firefox in this, as it solved all my ATS troubles. No logging in for each forum or anything.

Another reason that I really wanted to respond, MirthfulMe, I LOVE your new avatar! Very vivid colors, but still discreet. Very nice.

And this Cajun here does not need to scream out ieeeeeeeeeeeeeee anymore than already culturally impossible to avoid!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join