It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of ghost car being chased by police?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Wouldn't the metal from the fence bend outwards if a car going about 20-30mph plowed right through it? (even if the links were cut at the bottom)

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
No way, he went under it. It's easy to see in the chain link pattern that it isn't attached on the bottom(any more). Also, there was a downslope off of the pavement. You wouldn't have to cut the wires, those things are made for deer, not buicks. As far as the officers, how do we know that they've come to call it "the ghost car", and that's not just the sensationalism of the producers....

[edit on 30-8-2006 by wuweiblu]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
If you watch the end slowly or frame by frame, you can see that the fence ends less than two panels over. He went around. good vid though.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I will be more than happy to call and get the Police's opinion and actual happenings hell I will get a report copy but WHAT Garden City is it?

1) They sound like they have souther accents

2)@ 1:56 into the vid they say they are on some road it sounds like S-16 or F-16 or even M16 if anyone can tell what they say we can figure out what stae they are in

3) I know of a few Garden Citys one in Michigan,New York,California and Texas

Once we know for sure I will call and get full detail.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Any news?! Did anyone make an actual call ?! Or at least an email ? Keep us updated!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
There is no email on that page and no one has been able to tell what state it is from.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by masonite

www.nypba.org...

NY, here is there web address.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
If the 'ghost car' was really a 'ghost' car.....consider this:

The police car was in pursuit for quite a while before it disappeared.

From my experience, when police are in pursuit of a vehicle, they have a tendency to relay the registration plate details of the offending vehicle to head office.

That being the case, they would have been informed whether or not the licence plate tallied with the ownership details of any known person.

.....Unless, of course, the plates were changed by the 'otherworldly' occupants of the vehicle prior to the chase....

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Koolest video for awhile!!I dont know, the car was going about 25- 30 mph I do believe it would have ripped the fence to shreds or knocked it over, bent it to el. Looks pretty crazy to me. I dont see it going under the fence that is too wierd considering the car front clip was squared off and three feet tall at the hood.It would have grabbed ahold and ripped it forward IMO. probably just a freak occurance, but I have seen fences ran into and it aint pretty for the fence. The cops are calling it a ghost for a reason.I am sure they looked at it, and the cop chasing was not having any part of running the fence over.he stopped dead in his tracks.My vote is ghost rider!!!!!

[edit on 12-10-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

You certainly have a point. Especially since this was aired on 'Court TV'.

You'd think they would have done their homework before airing something like this, wouldn't you?

But still, the point remains, as I stated above......what about the licence plates tallying with any known owner or make of vehicle.

To my knowledge, this information was not taken into account, or published, with regard to 'wrapping up' this case.

Maybe others can correct me here.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
maybe the car was swerving so erratically to avoid allowing the police to catch his tail #'s

just a thought...

but i cannot see the fence flapping any, and i cant see an "open space" several links to the left either...

so i dont know man

those tail lights vanish not 60meters away from the cop...if they had turned the car off (to turn the tail lights off) the cops coulda just got out of their car and chased on foot...

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
contrary to popular belief, cops aren't stupid. they also don't want to look like fools. if there were a break in the fence, they most certainly would have found it at daybreak. with all the publicity, their captain, or chief of d's would have had them out there with a toothbrush combing the area for clues. remember, they have real detectives in the dept. if they can solve murders, they sure would give a high profile case like this a looking over. the fence is intact, and if the car hit it at that speed, it would have buckled it or tore it off.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ausable_Bill

But the thing is, I dont doubt that the car went under the fence, but wouldnt you be able to hear the collusion on the tape?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Plus, if the car was driving so madly, swerving everywhere, then how would the driver be able to not just find the right 'fake' fence to drive under/over but manage to do this whilst being pursued by a police car...

The erratic driving suggests maybe the driver was drunk or it was a stolen car, so again i say, how did the driver manage to pull a stunt like that off with a handily 'fake' fence...

also why did the face of the driver look really blurred?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
that's one weird piece of footage!!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
maybe the car was swerving so erratically to avoid allowing the police to catch his tail #'s

just a thought...

but i cannot see the fence flapping any, and i cant see an "open space" several links to the left either...

so i dont know man

those tail lights vanish not 60meters away from the cop...if they had turned the car off (to turn the tail lights off) the cops coulda just got out of their car and chased on foot...

No . . . even driving erratically, most cops can still make out your LP's.

This leads me to believe that the LP's were not in the system . . . which gives even more creedance to the chase.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I have no idea where the other link came from, but that isn't the correct one..

This is the Garden City Police Department from Georgia.

www.gardencitygapolice.org...

At 1:12 in the video, 516 or I-16 is heard. Doesn't take much to put it together.

I am still trying to work out a map of what we are actually seeing, but it is slow going. There are plenty of markers though, a bridge, some railroad tracks, and vaious bends in the road. I am hopeful of the possibility of an address by sometime in the next few days.

I will keep you posted.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by HankMcCoy]

[edit on 12-11-2008 by HankMcCoy]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Close up of supposed ghost car. I think its a whole in the fence myself tho.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Sorry heres a link its quite comical

uk.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
That initial U turn was very well executed I might add.

I was amazed at how far ahead it seemed to have accelerated by the time the patrol car had reaquired it.

The fence was completely intact, not flexing or bent or swinging if it was loose.

Thats why it's called Paranormal.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join