It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of ghost car being chased by police?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I may be rong here but after watching the end of the video 3 times, you can see the fence 'flap' back down after the getaway car has passed through.

To me it looks as though the fence wasnt secured properley and only attached at the top. look to the bottom right of the fence, you see it falling back into place.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Hi Sybercat,...

The reason you won't see the fence moving is because the mesh of the fence is stretched across from anchor post to anchor post, and then attatched at the bottom, middle of each post in between and along the horizontal post.

If you look closely the fence is applied on the back side of the posts which is generally backwards from the normal way it should be done.

But if you clip the attatchment wires at the bottom and middle for say, 6 posts in the middle between the anchor posts, the fence would look normal but you could walk up to it and lift the bottom of the fence up pretty easily

So, in essence, the mesh is under tension like a rubber band and will spring back into the original position smacking back against the poles after the car has pushed it's way under it.

Another reason you don't notice any movement is because like one poster said that the camera didn't capture the car going under the fence because it was out of it's field of view at the instant the car contacted the fence, probably because it took a few seconds to make the sharp turn allowing enough time for the fence to stop moving after the trap door effect.

Now, if the car and the police cruiser stayed in a straight line with the headlights to illuminate the interaction with the fence and the car, it would have shown exactly what I described, and the cops probably would have continued their pursuit.

Like I said, if the cops would have got out to investigate the fence itself, instead of being dumbfounded, they would have discovered the attatchments were clipped creating a spring loaded trap door.

As a matter of fact, I think I'm going to submit this clip to the tv. show mythbusters to see if they would like to re-create the effect.

Later,... Ausable_Bill

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
hmmm..very weird. all i know is that i need to get a car like that

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
heres the answer....

the driver of the car just got done reading some don juan and the light came on.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
One other thing most people probably didn't notice is the "ghost car" hit it's brakes and went to turn, then went a little farther and then turned towards the fence like he was looking for the right spot in the fence.

I still think this was a pre-planned part of the escape route.

Check it out for yourselves.

Later,... Ausable_Bill

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I don't know about the fence part, but when the narrator says that the car disappears the first time the car is clearly visible for several seconds until there is what appears to be a splice and the narrator inexplicably announces that the car has reappeared.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
look at the clock...the "blink of an eye" moment was edited, poorly

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
but that has nothing to do with the fence situation.

or does it?

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
LOL. The policemen can't be baffled! All policemen get the license plate of the car that they're chasing after, especially when they put up such a big fight. And the car went under the fence. Someone replied to the video:

"oh come on!! he went under the fence, its only attached at the top and you can see it bent. it was just like walking under a curtain... but it was a fence. "

I'm sure if they tracked down the driver of the car with that license plate number, they'd be able to ask him what he did and arrest him for driving under intoxication. Or something along those lines. Crazy police stuff happens all the time.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sybercat

Or maybe that explains the weird editing of the timer?
if the car slowed down to a crawl thru the fence....

good 1! shudve removed the timer altogether tho.

but when the car goes off screen and "through" the fence the timer is going normal speed, that part isnt speeded up

it is a bit weird tho, i would of thought they would of checked the fence, they saw a car go through the fence, so why didnt they get out and try and find out how he done it, i know i'd be trying to figure out how it got through even if i had to go back later

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I don't know if this was faked or not. It would be nice to rebroadcast the original footage and see it in full. It would be even nicer to analyse it to for clues. If true this could some of best proof of the supernatural around.
Trouble is there are so many ways to pull of illusions. The narrator says the cops haven’t been able to explain the film. But it’s perfectly possible they did but someone thought this would look great on TV just the same.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
There are reasons I don't support the Car going 'Under the Fence' or to the 'Side of the Fence'.

If you look very closely it is the Police car that is bouncing up and down at the end. Another thing to note and this is important, the Police car arrives at the Fence on an angle, it appears that he is looking straight at the vehicle but he is actually on an angle.

The 'Ghost Car' is making a hard left near the end, the Police camera doesn't have him for approx 2 seconds, but that doesn't mean that the Police officer doesn't have his head turned to where the 'Ghost Car' is.

It is a mistake to think that the camera is what the officer saw. He tried to follow the car exactly where the car went which is right toward the middle of the fence. He must have kept an eye on the car even though we didn't because we are relying on the camera.

Those fences at dead ends are not so flimsy so that you can get under them, and in fact on the radio you can hear 'dead end'. It was a dead end which basically should have left one way out.

Another important point that is unusual is the speed the car exhibited at times, at one point after 23 seconds the Cop looses the 'Ghost Car', when he sees it, the car speeds away so far it is hard to believe.

Now I just wanted to mention two things that I found MOST STRANGE:
If anyone can, save a shot of the drivers face. It is very strange. I know of course there is this blur.

But...But, look at the amount of light that is shinning at the CAR, can anyone tell me why the face is so dim>? The car looks white, there is one scene for a moment where the drivers face comes into view for a moment, but with that amount of LIGHT he looks to be very dim.

The next thing that is very strange, after he exists via the fence. His back lights dissovle. I mean they are gone and it isn't the light from the Cop drowing them out cause you can see them for a moment. The tail lights just dissappear.

[edit on 19-8-2006 by talisman]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Ok... as someone who has watched this program (although not this particular episode) on CourtTV many times, allow me to help clear some things up.

As for the "speeding up of the video"... this is a regular occurance on the television program. Basically, they do it to get through the mostly pointless or not-so-exciting stuff, while not completely robbing you of it and editing it out.

In my opinion this video is 100% real. There is no tricky editing or special effects being performed here. The producers of this television program get these videos directly from law enforcement. There is no way in hell that a couple of cops are going to stage an entire chase through traffic, putting innocent civilians' lives at stake, just to pull a stunt like this and "hopefully" end up on a CourtTV program.

My only theory here, aside from it being an actual "ghost car", is that the chainlink fence was not entirely secured to the posts. When the car drove into it, the car either slid under and temporarily lifted up the fencing, or drove over it and temporarily lowered the fencing. After the car passed under or over, the fencing sprung back up appearing to be completely attached to the posts. Without more footage of the aftermath, testimony from the officers, and video of the scene during daylight (including the vehicle's tire tracks) we will just have to sit here arguing until we're all blue in the face. Or at least you guys will have to, because I probably won't be able to find my way back to this thread again (as usual!)!!!

Anyway, the video is an awesome find. I can vouch that, while not actually seeing this video on TV, the announcer's voice is the same voice as the regular announcer on the program. So it's not the case of some guy sitting in his basement and doing some creative editing of a CourtTV program and doing his own voice-over commentary. Another thing to add... the CourtTV logo seen in the video is fairly new. I'd say that it's only been around for no more than 6 months (their old logo had the "fingerprint" in it). So hopefully this program will air again and we can get a better idea of the situation. While I can't remember the exact title of the program, I know that it is usually shown on weeknights after 9PM EST. Keep your eyes peeled!

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Rasputin13

I thought this at first until I started to really look at the video, also note the officers shadows on the monitor, there apparently just as baffled and a simple explanation isn't likely.
The problem with the car hitting the fence, no matter if isn't secured is that there would be a significant amount of damage to the fence considering the speed of the vehicle which did seem unusually fast. Or the car would have been damaged.

There would be debri flying or at least a loud sound. I also think the cop was watching this unfold, we rely on the camera POV, but he knew exactly what happened and tried to follow him through, he mentions on the radio it was a dead end.

I understand other people thinking it was under the fence, but it seems to strange for me

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
can anyone get ahold of the police station that has this film?

did they investigate the fence?

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
thats the best thing i heard.. has anybody contacted those police about it to fill us in. i guess it was stupid to think they staged it, i just thout why not, crazy america, bored police ;-) and the road didnt look too busy from wat i remember it was practically empty up until just before they turned offroad. still cant see no fence flapping...

but yeah bill that does explain it..

and i didnt notice the whole film sped up with the timer sorry cause i was watching the timer

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
police! contact! station!

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter

Does no one read my posts?

Originally posted by Nventual
Would someone be able to ring Garden City PD and ask them about it?
www.nypba.org...
I can't because I'm in Australia.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter

Does no one read my posts?

Would someone be able to ring Garden City PD and ask them about it?
www.nypba.org...
I can't because I'm in Australia.

actually i read that and i was trying to help you out.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
That car hit that fence and went under it. Those fences have a lot of "give" when they're not attached to the poles right.

Then again, it could have been the ghost of a drunk who used his ectoplasmic powers to drive through a chain link fence to escape police.

My money is on the poorly attached fence.

[edit on 29-8-2006 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join