Bush is crap,........

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
....says John Prescott.

The remark is said to have been made at a private meeting in Mr Prescott's Whitehall office on Tuesday with Muslim MPs and other Labour MPs with constituencies representing large Muslim communities. Muslim MPs wanted to press home their objections to British foreign policy and discuss ways of improving relations with the Muslim communities.

The Deputy Prime Minister's condemnation of President Bush and his approach to the Middle East could cause a diplomatic row but it will please Labour MPs who are furious about Tony Blair's backing of the United States over the bombing of Lebanon.

Full story
Bush is crap

As an ex-labour voter, I might just change my mind if 2 Jags takes the reigns.

[edit on 17-8-2006 by Koka]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
i remember hearing about it last night on the newspaper review on Skynews, it was being "played down" (notice it wasn't being denied).

and one has to think, that this wouldn't of been released without the blessing of Blair and his advisors.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
i think he said it was the bush administration was crap rather than bush himself and was referring to the middle east road map when he said it.

i would actually like to know the exact wording of what he said because saying 'the middle east roadmap is crap' could have two different meanings in english....

1. that it is 'crap' as in 'no good'

and more ominously

2. that it is 'crap' as in 'not true'

perhaps with what is going on in the middle east at the present time, there is another middle east road map which isnt the one being presented in public and that some people, including mr prescott, would know that. just a thought anyway

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
It was indeed the Bush administration he was reffering to, and more specifically the ME Roadmap, which was one of the conditions for agreeing to support the Iraqi war.

He was told that progress would be made and has basically seen none.

He is just sick and tired of having to conform to something he doesn't agree with, which is basically voicing the opinion of most of the UK populous, and a fair portion of the US populous.

He gave Labour a dash of credibility, until he started denying he said it.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
White House released a statement saying

"the President has been called alot worse"

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I am very impress that somebody has the guts in UK to call bush for what he is.

It seems that here in the US nobody had the cojones

Great find Koka

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Uhh....Does "US" stand for Upper Suriname, or have you been living under a rock for the past 6 years?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Uhh....Does "US" stand for Upper Suriname, or have you been living under a rock for the past 6 years?

Junglejake, this is the response of someone who shouldn't IMO be a Moderator, you having a bad day/week?

Would you care to elaborate, if Marg is wrong then tell her who does have the nads to say the same, otherwise I see little point in your remarks.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
You haven't heard anyone say anything in the US along the lines of Bush sucks? Didn't hear Al Gore's comments that were plastered all over the media, John Kerry's comments that were plastered all over the media, Move On's statements and commercials, Howard Dean's comments, Cindy Sheehan's comments, etc. etc. etc.?

Plenty, plenty of people have stated what they think about Bush. It's an attempt to make those of you who speak against Bush as these noble heroes who are risking life and limb by saying you think he's an awful president. They're not noble. They're not brave. If you were saying something like that about Stalin in Soviet Russia back in the day, then yes, you'd be brave. Stupid, but brave. In the US, you can say anything you want about the president, any program he suggests, anything about him. It takes as much cojones to say that Bush is crap as it does to surf the Internet.

EDIT: Oh, and speaking as a moderator, moderators have opinions, too, and we are also members of this board. We don't mod where we participate, but we're still members, just like you.

[edit on 8/17/06/17 by junglejake]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Excuse me but are you calling me names?

I very much will like to know.
and I feel already insulted specially my intelligence.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

EDIT: Oh, and speaking as a moderator, moderators have opinions, too, and we are also members of this board. We don't mod where we participate, but we're still members, just like you.

And that means targeting my post that is just an echo of the original thread and a reaction, rather than go for the thread itself.

I am still waiting.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Thank you Junglejake that response is far more coherent.

And yes of course you're entitled to your opinion, no one said you weren't, but as a mod I'm sure you are aware of the rules regarding one liners and contributing to a post.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
That's OK I was just been sarcastic to Jake's post, he knows me long enough in the boards to understand that.

Anyway, I have not heard anybody going public in a news paper in the US calling that kind of names against our president.

Perhaps I am mistaken.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Plenty, plenty of people have stated what they think about Bush. It's an attempt to make those of you who speak against Bush as these noble heroes who are risking life and limb by saying you think he's an awful president. They're not noble. They're not brave. If you were saying something like that about Stalin in Soviet Russia back in the day, then yes, you'd be brave. Stupid, but brave. In the US, you can say anything you want about the president, any program he suggests, anything about him. It takes as much cojones to say that Bush is crap as it does to surf the Internet.

Emphasis mine.
Bravo! I want the rules changed to allow moderators to receive WATS!

[edit on 17-8-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
If President Bush is all the things that everybody says he is then how in the world has he served 2 terms in office??

That is 2 terms!

It seems to me that alot of people sure did like him at least long enough to vote for him.......

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Anyway, I have not heard anybody going public in a news paper in the US calling that kind of names against our president.

For example, the Congressional Black Caucus concluded its four-day, 35th Annual Legislative Conference in Washington on September 25, 2005. In addition to the members of the black Caucus, Democratic Senators Clinton (NY) and Obama (IL) attended and heard (and did not disassociate themselves from) the remarks of Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY) who, among other things, said that President Bush is the modern day version of Bull Connor (the poster-boy bigot from Birmingham, Alabama, who in 1963 turned a fire hose and attack dogs loose on a black protest march led by Martin Luther King, Jr.),

www.capecodtoday.com...

Emphasis added.
I just happened to be reading this particular article and lo and behold. Plenty of people have done it, marg, mostly prominent Democrats.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It's not the votes that count, but who counts the votes

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well, hell has anybody has an article in any newspaper in the US that calls bush crap?

Common people you have to dig something like that from somewhere.

Bring it on!!!!!

I want to see anything in any paper here in the US that calls him Crap

Please do not insult my intelligence, we all know that certain words are no allow for public viewing in the US media or papers.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
It's not the votes that count, but who counts the votes

Thanks you, you got it right !!!!!!

People in this country is in denial and will be for ever.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
KoKa it seems that now Prescot is denying that he call bush crap after all, darn.

Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott has denied saying the Bush administration had been "crap" on the Middle East road map - the plan for peace in the region.

news.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join