It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

meditating for the first time in long while...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 12:59 PM
link   
the last time i remember truely meditating was over two years ago with little results. i also went on a ten day retreat to practice the meditational techniques of vipassana. that was a very interesting experience for me, though i just seemed to forget about it all and let it go until now. last night i decided to finally get my # together and really meditate, none of this "i'll get around to it crap". so as i am lying on my back in my bed with my hands folder over my chest, i start doing the ol' breath control thing. all the while trying to clear my mind from all the daily # that goes on. so i'm doing this for atleast half an hour, every now and then applying the law of impermanence from vipassana (basically what that means is that when ever you feel an itch or any sensation over your body, you do not react by scratching it, you simply focus on it until it passes, which it always does). any way, i noticed after a while that i was losing feeling, the concern over parts of my body, and it was as if my mind was letting go of each limb from the bottom up until it met with my head/eyes/3rd eye, etc. at that point i felt like i was one with myself. like i wasn't me with a body, legs, arms, etc. just me/one. so the feeling in my body was very sublime, mellowed out, with all the focus in my vision, like i was detached. to test the state while i was in it, i would slowly move my mouth or cough. when i did that, i could feel more of my body, like my mind was slowly re-attaching it self to it for everytime i gave it recognition for it being there. weird stuff huh? it was really hard for the first half hour or so, but when i got to that state, i was pretty much in full control of this oneness. the next thing i was hoping for was to initiate an OBE, but i didn't quite get that far i guess, and decided to relase myself and go to sleep. it took a while for the affect i was under to wear off, as parts of my body were kind of weak/tired. when i looked at the time, almost an hour and a half had gone by. i've never gone through something like that before, though now i think it's edged me on to practicing it more often. just thought i'd share it with everyone.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I am impressed with your efforts but I do not understand the purpose of leaving the body to not go somewhere or contact someone or do something?

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Great for you getting around to meditating! I really like reading other people's experiences in meditating. For me the biggest barrier to deep mediation is the looseness in my legs, it has always been a barrier and i've been meditating for a while

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
I am impressed with your efforts but I do not understand the purpose of leaving the body to not go somewhere or contact someone or do something?

It's a lot like hiking, leaving the body usually doesn't have a clear purpose until you're back in your body, and then you feel that purpose, whatever it may be

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 02:20 AM
link   
yeah, it was a weird experience for me, i'm actually going to try again tonight. i'll be sure to keep you all updated if anything happens again.

new topics

top topics

join