It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's contingency plan to attack Iran - My Prediction

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Argos- you make a good counter assessment. i see what you are saying. i personally am not sure what is going on. im more likely leaning on the fact that our government may simply not be keeping up with security as well as they claimed to be. but a conspiracy is always possible.

but if you dont mind, id like to pose another question

lets say what you are suggesting is dead on, is there anything that we could really do as citizens? a persons eyes might be opened, but that doesn't necessarily keep them safe, or change the course of action of those in power.

Digitalgrl

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by btho5888
Wow Argos....an anti George Bush film. That happens to only show one side of the story. Now that is something to make one think.

Maybe thats because GWB creates circumstances to come under this type of critisisation. I cant help the fact that most sources point to GWB being... well who he is. And actually the documentaries purpose was to criticise the American governments plans and as the president GWB takes a beating.

I dont think GWB is the mastermind anyway he's just a puppet i dont hate him or the American people but the american government and millitary make me very nervous about our planets future, and i dont trust them!

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
Argos- you make a good counter assessment. i see what you are saying. i personally am not sure what is going on. im more likely leaning on the fact that our government may simply not be keeping up with security as well as they claimed to be. but a conspiracy is always possible.

but if you dont mind, id like to pose another question

lets say what you are suggesting is dead on, is there anything that we could really do as citizens? a persons eyes might be opened, but that doesn't necessarily keep them safe, or change the course of action of those in power.

Digitalgrl

You make a fantastic point, thanks for asking. It all depends on what happens next, if enough people can begin to see the big picture, and are worried enough like me to try and at least speak up, then yes something can be done. You can start protests, action groups, spread the word, get the press involved maybe, it might delay or even stop what is planned.

It is all masked and hidden away so well though, even alot of people in the government dont know whats going on. These people would be the key to stopping anything, give them enough information on the big picture and even if its only to further there own careers or they are intrinsically good people then with there influence they can do something.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
i definatly agree and have thought that those are courses of action that we can take. but they dont cause immediate action all the time. it usually takes time for things to change...which in the mean time, lets those in power possibly round up those in protest and paint them as lunatics, to at least get one more if not two more events that they had planned to take place. all im saying is that whatever is ABOUT to happen in the short term, probably cant be stopped by us. so we need to stay vigilant and uncover as much as we can, if something IS a conspiracy in order to at least cause change so that what is planned down the line, gets thrown off a bit.

Cherrio!
digitalgrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   

i definatly agree and have thought that those are courses of action that we can take. but they dont cause immediate action all the time. it usually takes time for things to change...which in the mean time, lets those in power possibly round up those in protest and paint them as lunatics, to at least get one more if not two more events that they had planned to take place. all im saying is that whatever is ABOUT to happen in the short term, probably cant be stopped by us. so we need to stay vigilant and uncover as much as we can, if something IS a conspiracy in order to at least cause change so that what is planned down the line, gets thrown off a bit.

Cherrio!
digitalgrl

Your right it wont be easy, if possible at all. But surely those few who do figure out whats going on, shouldn't suffer in silence as they watch it happening, we'd have to at least TRY. And just hope good prevails over the evil, and try and put it out there.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Agreed

Just because something doesnt happen on the 22nd doesnt mean that nothing will. and that is also something to keep in mind. For all we know, this is complete spin, and the day passes and the hope is that we all forget all the things we thought were strange.

We do know for sure that something WILL at some point.Greed and power are unfortunatly interchangable qualities most of the time, which also means that any smoke screens to divert the innocent prevail as well.

As i said, im not sure if there is a conspiracy. ive never believe that our government was fully trustworthy. however, i dont think bush is the anti christ either. with that said, if we look at the big picture it really doesnt matter. its either A. our gov is staging everything for their own agenda, or B. There really are terrorists doing these things, and countries that are in the wrong, and we are not safe.

both scenarios arent in our best interest, and require our attention, and cooperation with each other as citizens.

Kind Regards,
digitalgrl

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   

if the government really wanted to stage attacks so they could say "hey look how many we stopped you cant stop them all" Digitalgrl

Here's a little piece of evidence towards governments staging attacks so they can use this excuse "hey look how many we stopped you cant stop them all"

Look at this exert i pulled from this website: www.wsws.org...

External Source
No evidence has been presented to back up claims that a major terrorist threat was only narrowly averted on August 10. It is questionable as to whether any terror plot existed in the first place, given that none of those held without charge had even purchased air tickets and no bombs had been assembled.

Check out the whole report for more info.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
August 22 - Iran’s Military Exercise and Apocalyptic Plans for Israel and World

DEBKAfile Special Report

August 20, 2006, 1:22 AM (GMT+02:00)

Washington is keeping a sharp weather eye out for Tuesday, August 22, which this year corresponds in the Islamic calendar to the date on which many Sunni Muslims commemorate the night flight of the prophet Muhammad on his winged horse Buraq to “the farthest mosque”, which is traditionally identified with Jerusalem.

According to the Muslim legend, on that day, a divine white light spread over Jerusalem and the whole world.

DEBKAfile’s intelligence sources report that information rated “highly credible” has reached US undercover agencies of a secret report presented to Iran’s supreme ruler Ali Khamenei by Abdollah Shabhazi, one of the heads of the Supreme National Security Council. He claims to expose a mega-terror plot against Jerusalem scheduled for August 22, which aims at killing large numbers of Jews, Arabs and Christians.

This atrocity will reportedly arm the United States and Israel with the pretext for hitting Iran’s nuclear installations, as well its capital, Tehran, and other big cities.

Shabhazi says the US and Israel need to launch a military campaign to restore the deterrent strength they lost in the Lebanon war.

The massive attack will reportedly focus on the Old City of Jerusalem and its eastern suburbs. The Iranian report claims that the plotters, who are not identified, are eager to recreate the divine white light whish spread over Jerusalem in the year 632. It does not rule out the use of a non-conventional weapon.

DEBKAfile reports that the authorities in Israel do not appear to be taking this threat seriously, unlike Washington – and Tehran.

Deeply impressed, Iran’s rulers launched a large-scale are, sea and ground exercise Saturday, Aug. 19. The maneuver, dubbed the Blow of Zolfaghar (the sword used by Imam Ali), involves 12 divisions, army Chinook helicopters, unmanned planes, parachutists, electronic war units and special forces. State-run television reported a new anti-aircraft system was tested “to make Iranian air space unsafe for our enemies.”

The massive military exercise will spread over 14 of Iran’s 30 provinces and last about five weeks.

DEBKAfile adds: The point of this massive display of might is in fact to place Iran’s armed forces on the ready for the contingency of a US-Israeli offensive on August 22 as per Shabhazi’s prediction. The exercise will be moved to Tehran to prepare the capital for a potential assault.

August 22, furthermore, is also the day of Iran’s formal reply to the incentives packages on offer from the West in return for halting its uranium enrichment projects.

For weeks, Tehran was under pressure from the United States and Europe for an earlier reply, but insisted on August 22.

Prof. Bernard Lewis, the great scholar of Islam and the Middle East offers the background in the Wall Street Journal on Aug. 8:

“In Islam, as in Judaism and Christianity, there are certain beliefs concerning the cosmic struggle at the end of time - Gog and Magog, anti-Christ, Armageddon, and for Shiite Muslims, the long awaited return of the Hidden Imam… Mr. Ahmadinejad and his followers clearly believe that this time is now, and that the terminal struggle has already begun and is indeed well advanced. It may even have a date, indicated by several references by the Iranian president to giving his final answer to the U.S. about nuclear development by Aug. 22. This was at first reported as "by the end of August," but Mr. Ahmadinejad's statement was more precise.”

Revolutionary Iran habitually links fundamentalist symbolism to political events.

Prof. Lewis explains the significance of Aug. 22 and adds ominously:

“This might well be deemed an appropriate date for the apocalyptic ending of Israel and if necessary of the world. It is far from certain that Mr. Ahmadinejad plans any such cataclysmic events precisely for Aug. 22. But it..

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
would be wise to bear the possibility in mind.”

The Shiites do not recognize Rajab 27 as the date of Muhammad’s purported flight to Jerusalem but celebrate Mabath to commemorate the day they believe Allah appeared before Mohammed in a cave and told him he had been chosen as the prophet to spread the divine message across the world. Mabath is marked by Shiites in Iran and other parts of the Middle East with great ceremony.

Claiming to represent the true Islam, the Shiite rulers of Tehran are expected by Washington to mark the date by demonstrating their military superiority for all Muslims to see.

In addition to Bernard Lewis’s hypothesis, speculation is rife in Washington about what Iran has in store for next Tuesday. Tehran may announce success in producing enriched uranium of a higher grade, meaning it is no more than six months away from a weapons-grade capability. While providing justification for UN Security Council sanctions, Tehran prefers to believe that this announcement will be its passport for admission to the world’s nuclear club and its attendant privileges, including the right to enrich uranium independently.

In the meantime, the Iranians are putting on a spectacular show of military bravado to show the world and reassure their own people that they are not afraid of threats."

www.debka.com...

[edit on 22-8-2006 by runetang]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
"The Shiites do not recognize Rajab 27 as the date of Muhammad’s purported flight to Jerusalem

This quote alone puts a wrench in the spokes of most of the bicycle wheels around here!

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Here's another bit of evidence about how bush and blair are in the same boat i still think the governments are the one creating these attacks whether its black ops or mainstream i dont know but check this out anyway.

www.informationliberation.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I'm torn on this. It's very easy and convenient to state that the U.S. government would stage an attack against itself and use that as an excuse to attack Iran. I've read the links and the supporting information, but to me it comes across as a red herring meant to occupy our time and energy.

What at first seems more simplistic, there are groups that want to do the U.S. great harm, to me actually is a much more involved then it appears.

Are we given just enough "information" to speculate that the U.S. will attack itself so that it can wage war? Or are we given the "information" to draw us away from seeing that the U.S. government is simply unable to fully protect its citizens and boarders from attack?

Wouldn't it be better (in the mind of the administration) to have the population wrangling over plots and schemes than to let them see that they aren't really safe?

I won't draw a conclusion just yet; the players are still taking the stage.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Katolu
I'm torn on this. It's very easy and convenient to state that the U.S. government would stage an attack against itself and use that as an excuse to attack Iran. I've read the links and the supporting information, but to me it comes across as a red herring meant to occupy our time and energy.

What at first seems more simplistic, there are groups that want to do the U.S. great harm, to me actually is a much more involved then it appears.

Are we given just enough "information" to speculate that the U.S. will attack itself so that it can wage war? Or are we given the "information" to draw us away from seeing that the U.S. government is simply unable to fully protect its citizens and boarders from attack?

Wouldn't it be better (in the mind of the administration) to have the population wrangling over plots and schemes than to let them see that they aren't really safe?

I won't draw a conclusion just yet; the players are still taking the stage.

The U.S. Gov. can protect there borders, many different sources say the american millitary could be between 20-60 years more advanced than they'd have us believe. The american gov. imho made up a war on terrorism to invade Afghanistan, they made up WMD to invade Iraq. And now they'll create another reason (my best bet is a 2nd 9/11) to invade Iran.

I always thought this, but the report on the very first post in this thread, that goes to the article that states: America are planning an attack on iran based on Iran being behind a 2nd nine eleven type terrorist attack just nailed the coffin for me but well have to see.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join