It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IED found outside military recruiting office in St. Louis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I was watching TV this evening, and there was a blurb about an IED that was found in St. Louis, but it was not picked up in the media. I have searched and cannot find anything on the web about this, however this small blurb was also strange. Evidnetly it was gasoline in containers with a trigger attached. Could there have been a few bombs planted during the day? This also happened...

www.belleville.com...

www.infoshop.org...

Things to come....

[edit on 16-8-2006 by esdad71]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
my gosh, so many things in the news today about possible attacks and strange occurances.

this is just a thought...but lets pretend there is actually something to this aug 22 thing, could it be that maybe they are cause a ruckus just to let us know that they are here? all these stories are so hush hush. the lady on the plane with the note in english and arabic that the gov said was from al qada, then hours later they come back and say "um no, that didnt happen" the evacuation of the port terminal in seattle because of a strange shipment that was from pakistant with a ship from china, and now your story...it seems like this week we keep hearing terror plot after terror plot. like i said PRETENDING that there is something to aug 22, it could be them trying to say "hello, we are here and waiting"

otherwise, i say the gov is messing with us lol. this whole week has been so wierd, i dont even care anymore

Digitalgrl

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
It's getting hot. We had a location in my area where there where 3 bombs with one of them detonating.
We didn't get much info. I guess my lack of knowledge will keep me together.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
my gosh, so many things in the news today about possible attacks and strange occurances.

this is just a thought...but lets pretend there is actually something to this aug 22 thing, could it be that maybe they are cause a ruckus just to let us know that they are here? all these stories are so hush hush. the lady on the plane with the note in english and arabic that the gov said was from al qada, then hours later they come back and say "um no, that didnt happen" the evacuation of the port terminal in seattle because of a strange shipment that was from pakistant with a ship from china, and now your story...it seems like this week we keep hearing terror plot after terror plot. like i said PRETENDING that there is something to aug 22, it could be them trying to say "hello, we are here and waiting"

otherwise, i say the gov is messing with us lol. this whole week has been so wierd, i dont even care anymore

Digitalgrl

I personally think there is something to August 22nd. Things have been very very busy lately leading up to this date. Maybe it has nothing to do with the date and its just happening, I don't know. But it's awful suspicious at the least and it needs to be watched carefully.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
yea im not so sure about the date either. but i just had to post about what the connection might be. i mean, every piece of news this week has been about these little plots. where for months the whole idea of sleeper cells was really debated by alot of people. now it seems there might actually be some, and they are very busy this week.

digitalgrl

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This is the oldest trick in the book. Throw the cops (or anybody else you want to confuse i.e. airport security,port authority, intelligence officials, dubya)something to investigate and then sneak through the back door with the real suprise. Do this enough and the investigator will be chasing his tail like a dog, while the big fish operate as they please. Whether this is from Iran, North Korea or any other enemy of the United States all citizens should be prepared. Eventually the war will arrive into our own backyards as long as we continue with our current foriegn policy. If the goverment would come out and be straight with us for once and tell us the real truths and threats that this great country faces currently and not wait for it to happen to justify a larger and broader war on terroisim(Iraq) maybe we could cut to the chase and slay the snake that is really biting and killing us (al Queda)

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I think it's possible that the nation's newfound obsession with foreign terrorists has made it forget that the majority of violent disturbances are caused by random nutters. If you look at the numbers, any given terrorist attack in American is far more likely to have been committed by a lone individual, or a white power group, or a religious zealot of the Christian persuasion.

People like to consolidate their fears, I think. Seems natural, but it's not helpful. What would Islamic terrorists have to gain by placing a gasoline bomb outside a recruiting station? Sounds more like the work of a disgruntled anti-war protester who feels they've exhausted the non-violent options, or who simply lacks the intelligence and discernment to know how little good such an act will accomplish.

There has been a rather dramatic rise in the number of attacks on recruiting stations in America, everything from petty vandalism and theft, to arson and bomb threats. I think in one instance someone even did a nighttime drive-by shooting, didn't do too much damage I assume, probably broke some glass and put a few holes in the furniture, but clearly they were pissed off.

Maybe the person who set the bomb lost someone to the war? Maybe they have someone overseas, and they're frightened enough to necessitate a transmutation of that emotion into anger? I don't know...

new topics

top topics

join