It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you know God loves you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
God, when He created us, did not intend for us to be in the situation we are in. He created a perfect environment for us to live with Him. Along with that he gave us the FREE WILL to choose to side with him or not.

God wants a relationship with us, to be a part of our lives. However, unfortunately we all mess up sometimes - the things we do wrong seperate us from God because they are not pleasing to Him.

BUT...

although we don't deserve it, God understands how hard life is...after all His son lived it too! He was rejected by others, He was bullied, He was betrayed by one of His best friends, others hurt Him and abused Him and then He was killed in the most horrific way. And He did all of this not for Himself but for YOU!

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son, so that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life" John 3:16

"The truth is found when men are free to pursue it."
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Have you found the truth?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Excellent post, MorninG StaR 21. I, too, love the Holy Trinity in all languages!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MorninG StaR 21

Your 'god' demands that we believe everything that he tells us, and that we do everything that he says without questioning:Baph-o-met wouldn't hurt a fly. “Destroy a tribe including the women, children and animals down to last one? (Joshua 6:21). No problem. Murder 5 kingdoms of people and keep 32,000 virgins girls “for yourselves?” (Numbers 31:7-35) Why of course. Uh…wait a minute, this doesn’t seem very moral or very nice.” “SILENCE FOOL. HOW DARE YOU QUESTION ME. I AM GOD, ALL-KNOWING, INFALLIBLE, UNQUESTIONABLE, UN-UNDERSTANDABLE AND YOU MUST OBEY ME WITHOUT HESITATION. ACCEPT WHAT I SAY ON FAITH. BURN THOSE WHO DARE QUESTION MY WORD. DESTROY THEIR BOOKS. SHUT DOWN THEIR SCHOOLS. TELL THEM THAT DISOBEDIENCE MEANS THAT THEY WILL BURN FOREVER AND EVER, IN UNIMAGINABLE AGONY FOR ALL ETERNITY, AND REMEMBER THAT YOU WILL SUFFER THE SAME FATE UNLESS YOU GO OUT AND TELL THEM THIS. DON’T YOU DARE APPLY THE PART OF THE BIBLE WHERE IT SAYS “BY THEIR FRUITS SHALL YOU KNOW THEM” TO MY FRUITS AND OH, YEAH, TELL YOUR CHILDREN HOW MUCH I REALLY LOVE YOU ALL.” “Yes Sir, God Sir, whatever you say. See, here I am burning their books, pulling out their fingernails, torturing them for questioning Church dogma, banning the use of anesthetic in child-bearing (since the pain is their just punishment for the single sin of their long-dead ancestors, Adam and Eve), selling them into slavery, raping their wives, dashing their children against rocks…what did that child do to deserve this? Help! I thought an improper thought! Help me to blind my mind God, help me to not see what my reason tells me. Let me repress thoughts of natural sexual desire, doubts about you and your orders, feelings of tolerance or putting myself in my neighbor’s shoes. Let me follow no morality but that which you say is moral.” Thank GOD im Luciferian

edit on 9/15/2011 by NZkraw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
No, personally i was not aware that god loved me.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorninG StaR 21
God, when He created us, did not intend for us to be in the situation we are in. He created a perfect environment for us to live with Him.

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

As you can see from these, God, the perfect tree, so to speak can on only create perfect fruit and man, as the perfect fruit must also breed true to perfection.

If perfection can somehow go to imperfection, then God himself could. That is not allowed.

If, as scripture indicates, is infinite, then it is still here. it is up to us to see it.

I do. Don't you?

If not, then to you, God and his initially perfect universe has back slid.
it is said that God does not back slide. Rethink your wrong position.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burnerz
No, personally i was not aware that god loved me.

I love that you used the past tense..

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

God, when He created us, did not intend for us to be in the situation we are in. He created a perfect environment for us to live with Him. Along with that he gave us the FREE WILL to choose to side with him or not.

Not quite be with him or not.

It is be with him or be tortured and burned forever in hell.

Think of that choice.
Does the hell option not make that free choice more of a threat or is it a coercive choice.
It is a choice but not a free one.
Only the insane would not choose God under those conditions.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

God wants a relationship with us, to be a part of our lives. However, unfortunately we all mess up sometimes - the things we do wrong seperate us from God because they are not pleasing to Him.

BUT...

although we don't deserve it, God understands how hard life is...after all His son lived it too! He was rejected by others, He was bullied, He was betrayed by one of His best friends, others hurt Him and abused Him and then He was killed in the most horrific way. And He did all of this not for Himself but for YOU!

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son, so that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life" John 3:16

"The truth is found when men are free to pursue it."
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Have you found the truth?

The truth of love? Yes. Have you?

Does love not have to be shown with some kind of action?

Stalkers love their victims but certainly do not act in a loving way.

Love is an emotional connection that has to have a hook into both parties before it can be called true love.

How can you show love without showing some king of deed or action.

Like faith, love without deeds and actions is dead.

Do you love those you love and do you not do deed to express that love?
If not, how would they know you love them?

As to God having Jesus murdered for us,

If you set a certain condition, like forgiving someone, only if an innocent man or God is murdered, would you step up or would you have your son die to satisfy the conditions you yourself have set.

Would you bury your son, or would you do the right thing and have your son bury you?
Seems to me that love gives life. It does not give death.
Especially when scripture shows that God forgives without a blood sacrifice.

www.youtube.com...

Further, Again you go directly against scripture.

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Psalm 49:7
None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

You have God accepting a ransom. In fact, one that he himsel set.

Rethink.

Regards
DL
edit on 16-9-2011 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Not quite be with him or not.

It is be with him or be tortured and burned forever in hell.

Think of that choice.
Does the hell option not make that free choice more of a threat or is it a coercive choice.
It is a choice but not a free one.
Only the insane would not choose God under those conditions.

Regards
DL

Bingo, it's not love if it's not free, and thus, any and all "fire and brimstone" preaching is an abominable thing.

"Hypocrites! You traverse the seas proseletyzing, only to make your converts twice as fit for hell as you are!"

Edit: Yes, I appreciate the irony of that..

edit on 16-9-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
"Do you know God loves you? He loves you so much, that he'll condemn you to burn in Hell forever, unless you unquestioningly accept our beliefs!"

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Good examples of God's twisted notions of love.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Your god (the one from the Bible) is a strange alien entity that apparently desperately needs your worship, and if he can't induce it by kindness will use fear to get it. It seems that this need for worship is what keeps him alive, or perhaps it's the fear itself that he feeds off of. There really can't be any other explanation, if this entity (deity) is actually real.

If he (she/it) doesn't survive on the worship (fearful emotions) of others, then he/she/it is a rather stupid god. Most people will respond better to kindness rather than threats, and they will respond under their own free will. Threatening someone with torture and fire (i.e., hell) results not in a free will response, but one that is only generated by abject fear (and the subsequent denial that it really is fear, prompting the one being threatened with subconscious lies such as, "I love you, Lord! Please don't kill me or my babies!", for example.)

By Yahweh/Jesus own examples of behavior, it's quite easy to assess that this god does not love anyone. Not humans anyway. Perhaps he/she/it loves itself, but that's about as far as it goes.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I hope this was not for me.
I will assume it was for the O P.

Hey O P, where are you.

Regards
DL

top topics

join