It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexual Orientation in the social issues of Bible and Truth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The view of homosexual orientation is varied throughout the world and many view it as uncommon or unneeded. The homosexual movement has always been present since the times of the Bible, only now do we see it being a more allowed and accepted choice and lifestyle.

Homosexuality is in no way, weird, stupid, of the devil, or everyone that is or was gay will all go to hell. Homosexuality is frowned upon by God, but is also just a sin, the same as any other sin in the world. Homosexuality is most defined as, same sex, affection and physical interaction. The world today is being opened to this more and more, and the unsaved world has no literal problem with this, as it is truly viewed as a lifestyle. Many people believe that you can be born gay or homosexual. In fact this is not true, we as humans were designed to be attracted to the opposite sex. There are always going to be those few who do not feel the same strong crazy attraction most humans do feel. This is all due a imbalance, and as a another one of Gods creatures and people he loves dearly. In the Bible it is stated in (Genesis 1:27) “that man was created as him, and also with female.” God created man, and female as one to be in affection and to be fruitful and multiply. The word today believes every man and woman have there own distinct right and purpose in life to pursue there own desires and beliefs. As many of the homosexuality is of the world and in pure sin there is no judgment one Christian can lay upon them. We are as followers of Christ need to pray and show love for all. The continued question is now a wonder in many peoples minds, as if homosexual people can enter heaven. If all sins are the same, then how can Homosexuality being a sin, be any different. In (Leviticus 18:22) the Bible here talks about Homosexuality and as it is "an abomination". The bible only mentions Homosexuality 4 times.

Source: www.whosoever.org...

Well, I'm sure I've heard about some law in the Old Testament that condemned homosexuality. Or am I mistaken?

You're probably referring to Leviticus 18:22 or 20:13. We need to realize that this was written to a certain group of people, the Jews, during a particular time in their history. Some theologians assert that the original meaning of these verses has something to do with temple prostitution, a practice which is very foreign to our modern concept of worship. It is interesting to note that these same chapters of Leviticus are the Hebrew word "toevah" (translated most often as "abomination" or "unclean") to condemn such things as eating pork and shellfish, or having intercourse during menstruation. The latter precept isn't a problem for gays or lesbians. The former precept hasn't stopped many Fundamentalists from enjoying the shrimp or lobster at their favorite restaurant-nor should it!

There is vast differences and beliefs of many religions with sins and so forth, the problem and largest discussion, is that of real sin. It is obvious, that when set into sin or not, Homosexuality is a sin, and is nothing more. All sins are bad, are sins are an abomination.

So then we have the link within the social life of a sinner, the Homosexual and a Religious person. In that, in most cases, a Homosexual is shunned and treated wrongly. Slowly it is being accepted throughout the world, but what is it that causes so much differences. All in all, Homosexuality is like any other sin, and in daily social life, there should be no difference in one person to that next.

www.whosoever.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
worldpolicy.org...

[edit on 16-8-2006 by ragster]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Excellent point, Ragster, and thanks for bringing it up! I believe all of the references to homosexuality in the Bible are in the Old Testament, am I right? I'm asking this because I think the OT is mostly history and the NT is actually Jesus' word and he came to bring a new agreement, a New Covenant which is about forgiveness, compassion, love and not judging others. I, myself, don't believe it is a sin, but it's an excellent point to think about, for those who think it is an "abomination".

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ragster
There is vast differences and beliefs of many religions with sins and so forth, the problem and largest discussion, is that of real sin. It is obvious, that when set into sin or not, Homosexuality is a sin, and is nothing more. All sins are bad, are sins are an abomination.

So then we have the link within the social life of a sinner, the Homosexual and a Religious person. In that, in most cases, a Homosexual is shunned and treated wrongly. Slowly it is being accepted throughout the world, but what is it that causes so much differences. All in all, Homosexuality is like any other sin, and in daily social life, there should be no difference in one person to that next.
[edit on 16-8-2006 by ragster]

It's rather interesting to note that as far as sexual relations go, the Ten Commandments only forbids adultry, not homosexuality per se. An argument may be made that adultry only takes place outside of marriage, therefore by default homosexual activity is a sin. Why should homosexuality be deemed a greater sin than adultreous sex between members of the opposite sex? For that matter, why should sex between consenting adults be considered a sin?

I suppose one could argue that homosexuality is not part of God's divine plan. But if that's the case, why are there homosexual tendencies among animals? Surely, animals are to be considered free of sin. After all, the freedom of sexual expression is only a human trait.

homosexuality in the animal kingdom

new topics

join