It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Port of Seattle terminal evacuated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   

TODAY: WEDNESDAY AUG 16, 2006, breaking news

Authorities set up a half-mile perimeter around a terminal at the Port of Seattle on Wednesday after bomb-sniffing dogs indicated that at least one container recently unloaded from a ship could contain explosives.

Dozens of personnel were evacuated from Terminal 18, on Harbor Island south of downtown Seattle, a port spokesman said. A bomb squad was set to examine the container and determine its contents.

The container was taken off the ship because of questions about a manifest, port spokesman David Schaefer said.

Seattle port terminal evacuated

This seems kinda creepy to me. what do you all think?

Digitalgrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Blimey, gonna go switch the TV on.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Yea they said they examined the contents and it didnt match.

"The bomb-sniffing dogs did what bomb-sniffing dogs do, and it caused us to be worried there might be explosives," Schaefer said.

Coast Guard Petty Officer Mike Zolzer said the container was supposed to contain oily rags, but authorities apparently found items that did not match that description.

Zolzer said he did not know where the ship originated.

here is the link to the story:
www.breitbart.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Drudge report story

that last part is what creeped me out. they dont even know where the ship originated and they havent said what was in the containers that wasnt supposed to be there.
seems like everyone is trying to make us scared today huh?

Digitalgrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
(Edit i picked up a story from june lol)

Removed own content

[edit on 16-8-2006 by asala]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
hmm seems wierd. but where did the ship come from, and what was in that container?

Digitalgrl

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Whats even weirder is that I can't seem to find anything else on the web about this. Just DigitalGrl's article there...........

Something like this certainly should attract a bit more attention, given the recent terrorist threat, no?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
yea i would think so. i found it on the drudge report and then it linked it to this news site which is definatly reputable.

just so everyone knows,,,no one has been arrested yet. asala posted an article from june by accident.

so the mystery continues. ill keep doing some digging.

Digitalgrl

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
ok well,

i looked on msnbc...nothing reported, i looked on fox news..nothing reported.

but yahoo has it!
yahoo news: on seattle port evacuation

so there is another source reporting it. not sure why the major news networks are ignoring this story.

Digitalgrl

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I agree. A ship from an unknown port shows up with a container that makes the bomb sniffing dogs spaz out, and causes the main container terminal in America's 3rd busiest port to shut down........and only one internet news service covers it?????????

Weird indeed!

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I agree. A ship from an unknown port shows up with a container that makes the bomb sniffing dogs spaz out, and causes the main container terminal in America's 3rd busiest port to shut down........and only one internet news service covers it?????????

Weird indeed!

www.foxnews.com...

Dozens of non-essential personnel were evacuated from Terminal 18, on Harbor Island south of downtown Seattle, a Port of Seattle spokesman said. A bomb squad used explosive charges to cut into the containers and search the contents.

It wasn't immediately clear what prompted the dogs to alert on the containers, but the bomb squad found no explosives or radioactive materials inside, said port spokesman David Schaefer.

Mike Milne, a spokesman for U.S. Customs and Border Protection, said agents had been using a "gamma-ray" device to peer through the containers' steel walls to determine what they contained. Some of the items did not appear to match what was listed on the containers' manifest, Milne said.

Certainly covered on Fox, maybe some news rooms didn't think it was "worthy?"

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
hmm i did a search on fox's site about an hour ago...nothing popped up. thanks for finding on mithril

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

www.foxnews.com...

Dozens of non-essential personnel were evacuated from Terminal 18, on Harbor Island south of downtown Seattle, a Port of Seattle spokesman said. A bomb squad used explosive charges to cut into the containers and search the contents.

It wasn't immediately clear what prompted the dogs to alert on the containers, but the bomb squad found no explosives or radioactive materials inside, said port spokesman David Schaefer.

Mike Milne, a spokesman for U.S. Customs and Border Protection, said agents had been using a "gamma-ray" device to peer through the containers' steel walls to determine what they contained. Some of the items did not appear to match what was listed on the containers' manifest, Milne said.

Certainly covered on Fox, maybe some news rooms didn't think it was "worthy?"

Thanks for the link. Now we know the container's origin, Pakistan, and the ship's origin, Hong Kong. Maybe thats what the concern one.

No word on what they found. Its says no explosives or radioactive materials. Maybe some chemical in the container that has possible explosive's making capability set them off?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
i dont know but it seems that mum is the word on this one.

same thing with the lady on the plane that had a note from al qada translated into english and the other in arabic....that is a pretty specific acusation for the gov to make..now all the sudden its..."oh that note thing...nope that didnt happen." im so tired of people playing games at this point.

Digitalgrl

new topics

top topics

join