It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird bug...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Didn't want to say anything till I was sure, but now I've seen it on two different computers... Often, on BTS, I'll click on a post, category, etc., and it will just not do anything...an hour glass pops up, but no action in status, etc.

However, if I go over to ATS, then back to BTS, and click on it, works fine... Happens about every 10 clicks or so on the BTS board...I have to go to ATS, then back to BTS, in order to get there...

Just thought I'd point it out (and the workaround in the meantime...)

Thanks....

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Just a note...this is still happening... Anyone else get this occurance???

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I've experienced it on my XP here at the office, and my Win98 at home...(what I mentioned)...

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The BTS board does the same thing to me every once in a while. I don't have a remedy for it though, I just click back to the ATS board then back again. Good observation...I thought it might be an IE bug...Internet Explorer has been rather buggy lately with me...and I just did a clean insall not too long ago. It's a love/hate relationship w/ my puter..hehe.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The next time it happens, could you make not of the thread/forum/link you clicked-on that caused this to occur?

I can't replicate this bug.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Sure, but it's never the same link...or forum... It seems to occur only after repeatedly going back and forth between BTS and ATS, and going into ATS after, and then back to BTS, seems to correct the problem.... I'll let you know the next time though...

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
William, please click on the link I provided,...the third post down in this thread.

I give exact instructions on how I have been able to replicate this bug every time I try it.

It may not be exactly the same situation as Gaz experienced,
but the symptoms are very similar.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
William, please click on the link I provided,...the third post down in this thread.

right... and in that thread, I asked if you're still having the problem after I made a change.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Sorry, I was going thru my emails as I have just logged on, and replied to the first one first.

I checked and tried to replicate it, and the problem I described is no longer occurring.

I see the delayed mouseover effect on the table cell colors is no longer there,...I can assume that was the problem in that portion of script, that was effecting my browser.

I appreciate your attention to this as It was an irritating thing (for me at least) but I also really did like the effect of that mouseover on the borders.

Thanks

new topics

top topics

join