It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Myths Deunked

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The person above me is a shining example of why 9/11 probably happened exactly as reported.

Throw out undocumented statements as facts. Expect people to prove negatives and all in all, come across sounding like a paranoid schizo.

That rant is so bad I would almost claim it was from the mouth of a disinformation operative.

[edit on 16-8-2006 by Apoc]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Double_DKool
A book that EVERYONE at ATS needs to see to get a little dose of reality: search.barnesandnoble.com...
www.popularmechanics.com...

Won't do any good. It's gone way too political.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Unfortunately the death of so many people has become purely political but aren't they all in essense? Not the ATS I joined along time ago and it worsens every day. It's to the point, why bring in commom sense? It's always politics now. Look at the avatars. Is anyone actually arguing anything in the book? No.

It's about some ridiculous trail of who wrote it and blah blah blah.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by notbuynit
Unfortunately the death of so many people has become purely political but aren't they all in essense? Not the ATS I joined along time ago and it worsens every day. It's to the point, why bring in commom sense? It's always politics now. Look at the avatars. Is anyone actually arguing anything in the book? No.

Its important to know who is writing what. yeah, its all turned into political bullcrap now. But maybe thats on purpose?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by zoldmyzoul
You are misreading my quoted section, and why I like the section I quoted. There havebeen people posting misleading theories on the Internet on purpose. Please don't attribute misstatements or false claims to me.

I'm sorry but I've checked and re-checked the passage you quoted from PM's 9/11 article... the one you said you liked. I stand by my statements and by no means have I attributed "false claims" to you... nothing of the sort. Re-read my earlier post explaining it if you still don't seem to get it.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Is anyone actually arguing anything in the book? No.

The reason it hasn't been discussed in this thread is because it has been discussed many times before. The actual report is old news. This is just another 9/11 conspiracy thread.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by firebat

You are misreading my quoted section, and why I like the section I quoted. There havebeen people posting misleading theories on the Internet on purpose. Please don't attribute misstatements or false claims to me.

I'm sorry but I've checked and re-checked the passage you quoted from PM's 9/11 article... the one you said you liked. I stand by my statements and by no means have I attributed "false claims" to you... nothing of the sort. Re-read my earlier post explaining it if you still don't seem to get it.

You said -- "And the fact that you might buy it because you LIKED that they said they "don't take sides in the debates" they "just look at the facts" is completely indicative of the mindset of those who refuse to believe that the U.S. Government had any malevolent role in the 9/11 attacks. "

I never said I "LIKED that they said they 'don't take sides in the debates'", you put incorrect words in my mouth in a misguided attempt to deflect the point of my post.

Who are you? What is your agenda? Why are you trying to convince people I'm saying something other than what my exact words say?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Hmmm, Propaganda in Hard Cover?

What's the big deal? If Bush writes a book about how great he is does it prove all the people, the 60-70 Percent, who think he isn't?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Here is the original post in question:

I may actually buy this book, because I liked this part;

We understand that not all conspiracy theorists agree with all conspiracy theories. Some prominent theorists even claim that certain theories they deem less plausible have been “planted” in order to make the entire movement look ridiculous. We don’t take sides in these debates. We simply checked the facts.

No, you did not say, in the exact words that you liked the book because they said they don't take sides in these debates, they just look at the facts....

You said you liked the book because the above quote was in it, which amounts to 1)Acknowledging that not all conspiracy theorists agree with all 9/11 conspiracy theories. 2)Some prominent theorists even claim that certain theories they deem less plausible have been planted in order to make the entire movement look ridiculous. 3)They don't take sides in the debates-- they simply check the facts.

Which is exactly what I said, in different words to the same effect: "And the fact that you might buy it because you LIKED that they said they "don't take sides in the debates" they "just look at the facts" is completely indicative of the mindset of those who refuse to believe that the U.S. Government had any malevolent role in the 9/11 attacks. "

MEANING.... you blindly accept and believe it when they preface their article with "we just look at the facts" you think it has more credibility than theories discussed on ATS and ANYONE who has their own theory always says they "just look at the facts."

What exactly about is too hard for you to understand?

[edit on 16-8-2006 by firebat]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   

It's to the point, why bring in commom sense? It's always politics now. Look at the avatars.

If you're insinuating that there is some sort of political agenda behind my avatar... and you may not be... then you are dead-wrong. I'm not a democrat and I certainly don't buy into the whole political system as it is today. I just call them as I see them.

But if you weren't talking about me, then nevermind.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I've said it before, as in my sig, and I'm sure I'll say it again.

If I was behind 9-11 I'd be laughing till I peed, LITERALLY.

Since this site has little in the way of proof when it comes to anything, I do find that these 9-11 threads are quite humorus.

I also think it's funny someone will nitpick PopMechanics to death for hidden agendas and connections, and rightfully so, yet, they don't do the same when it comes to the "Truth Movement" and all the people connected to it.

Here's a fair question. Say you have actual proof, you know the kind you can hold and everyone agrees is proof, that 9-11 was a false flag op. So what? What are you going to do, start another website, write another book and watch your bank account grow? I mean jesus h christ, I've never seen so many people, so worked up, yet they can't do anything about it in the real world, just on the internet. Guess what folks, you'll never have a revolution, or destroy corupption if you can't leave your damn computer.

Whine cry, rant and moan, you're still not getting anywhere. It also doesn't help that the "disinfo i mean truth movement" is splinterd so badly the only way to describe it would be having to use the word CLUSTER multiple times. One site calls the other disinfo, vice versa on and on and on. Guys this is seriously getting rather pathetic. All the 9-11 "truth" people are probably the greatest disinfo our gov't has to offer, and the sadest part is y'all don't even know it. Thermite?!? Come on, so pathetic people should be able to tell it's disinfo right away. Pods under planes, are you kidding me? These lies are so ovbious it's not even funny, but even after all this time people still debate it. Between the believers of the official story, and you truth people are the greatest weapon the gov't can use against us. Oh yeah, and "pull it" doesn't prove anything either. Some of you should take some public relations courses, and you'd see exactly why a majority of people don't buy into the conspiracies.

I just can't believe you folks can't see how much you're being distracted and led down ovbiously wrong paths.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   

MEANING.... you blindly accept and believe it when they preface their article with "we just look at the facts" you think it has more credibility than theories discussed on ATS and ANYONE who has their own theory always says they "just look at the facts."

What exactly about is too hard for you to understand?

[edit on 16-8-2006 by firebat]

That is not my meaning "flamebait" (that is a better moniker for you) why are you trying to twist it?

Look at the facts is good a thing in general I have no idea why you would want the people of this website to believe doing so is a bad thing. It does not imply that someone buys into any story other than their interpretation of what they believe to be the facts. But it looks like you want us to believe that means we are buying the official story? But the first part of that quote is more important the more important part, the planting of crazy theories. I was paid to promote some of the more screwy ideas by posting on sites and blogs like this. Who is paying you to post what youre saying here?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
No one's paying me to be here....

And I still don't understand what your problem is. You said you might buy it because you liked a certain part.... you went on to quote that specific part. Then, I quoted you quoting that part. That's all I did. This has nothing to do with believing the official story... it has to do with you saying something and then completely denying you said it.

Grow up.

EDIT: I've re-read all your posts. I continue to stand by what I said. If you have a problem with any of it, take it up with the mods or send me a u2u... this thread is obviously not the place for it.

[edit on 17-8-2006 by firebat]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
A question, maybe someone knows the answer. People are telling me that Mr. Chertoff, head of Homeland Security, has dual citizenship - U.S and Israeli.

Anyone know if this is true ? I know Mayor Bloomberg has dual citizenship.

Just wondering . . .

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apoc
The person above me is a shining example of why 9/11 probably happened exactly as reported.

Throw out undocumented statements as facts. Expect people to prove negatives and all in all, come across sounding like a paranoid schizo.

That rant is so bad I would almost claim it was from the mouth of a disinformation operative.

[edit on 16-8-2006 by Apoc]

Look at my sig, 1st link, prove something there wrong. If you want I can show you some things, But I believe you are a tad more to be able to clock a link yourself.

Just to let you know. the author was in a local paper here in pgh so.. Its not all that wacked out.

Also that sig has been in there for 5 months, and I still have yet to see any Threads on that.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11217s
A question, maybe someone knows the answer. People are telling me that Mr. Chertoff, head of Homeland Security, has dual citizenship - U.S and Israeli.

Anyone know if this is true ? I know Mayor Bloomberg has dual citizenship.

Just wondering . . .

Only thing remotely reliable is this link.
miami.indymedia.org...
I am not sure on this, that was a quick google look.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join