It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'Conspiracy Master' conundrum

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
What makes a 'Conspiracy Master' a conspiracy master? I've noticed one CM in particular who shoots down every single conspiracy theory presented here. Isn't the title 'Conspiracy Master' a little oxymoronic in this case?

Not melting down or anything........just asking.

Peace

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
let the name of that ATSer be made public...

then we can investigate...

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Yeah, considering there's only two with that designation which one of me is it? I mean which one of us is it? I mean, it's not Justin, right?

I'm waiting for your confirmation, because then I'll be ready to throw up the countless accusations against me that I'm a conspiracy theorist. Once we get past the minuet, I'll have some follow-up questions that lead into the tango.

*Valhall dances off with a rose in her mouth*

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   

There's more than two isn't there? I don't know who Justin is. I'm not on a first name basis with anyone here. So if there is only two then it shouldn't be too hard to figure out who it is. If you've ever discussed a conspiracy theory as being possible, then it's not you.

*nibbles at the bait but doesn't take it*

This bass has been around the lake a time or two.

Peace

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Oh! Okay, my misunderstanding. Then it's NOT me.

carry on.

MMP

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I am not on a first name basis with any one either. Is Byrd's first name Justin? He/she has the 'Conspiracy Master' logo?

Is Byrd the poster you're talking about?

[edit on 8/16/2006 by MMP]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Yes she is! I did not know this.

Welcome to CM, Byrd!

*wavey wavey*

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
You must use the process of deduction young grashoppa.

No names shall flow from these lips.

Peace

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
this justin is ATSer's "springer" most likely...

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
It's A Conspiracy!

Disclaimer: These are just my opinions, not anything official, because I'm not personally involved with the Conspiracy Master program.

I don't think "Conspiracy Master" is necessarily synonymous with "believes every conspiracy".

Conspiracy Masters can be skeptics, too.

What qualifies a Conspiracy Master is expertise in a conspiracy-related field and a demonstrated track record of quality work related to conspiracies.

Thus I would imagine even a full-time debunker like James Randi would be welcome as a Conspiracy Master if he chose to apply (which would be cool, IMO).

So if a CM disagrees with one, more or all conspiracy theories, I don't see that as a problem.

And let's not forget that all members are entitled to hold and express whatever opinions they want, Conspiracy Master or not.

Your mileage may vary.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

I'm pretty sure the Justin was Justin Oldham. I thought he was a Conspiracy Master until I checked his posts and didn't see the picture that goes with it. However, I also don't believe that Justin would ever be anti-conspiracy in the general sense.

I would also like to ask, why is this complaint going out here instead of using the Complain box to point out that a member with a title is not representing it well?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
I would also like to ask, why is this complaint going out here instead of using the Complain box to point out that a member with a title is not representing it well?

I'm not complaining, I'm writing a thesis on conspiracy masters and board cops. Hold on...I'll get to you later.

Peace

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I'm not complaining, I'm writing a thesis on conspiracy masters and board cops. Hold on...I'll get to you later.

Peace

Um.. ok.

I don't exactly understand what you're gonna get to me for, but hey, it's all good.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
All For One And One For All

Originally posted by niteboy82

Touché! You're absolutely right.*

Discussion of individual members is not an appropriate topic for BQ&B.

However, we can still discuss this aspect of Conspiracy Masters, if members want to.

*(Although I will volunteer that I'm a fan of Justin Oldham. He's an excellent writer. Props!)

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Perhaps I should speak for myself here. I don't know why I lack a Conspiracy Master label. I've asked about it but no mod has ever responded. So, I gave up the asking. I'm just happy to be here, doing what I do.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
Perhaps I should speak for myself here. I don't know why I lack a Conspiracy Master label. I've asked about it but no mod has ever responded. So, I gave up the asking. I'm just happy to be here, doing what I do.

I don't know where you asked as I never saw it, but sorry about the oversight it's on you now.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

Ha! Absolutely WRONG
, I have NO sockpuppets and never have had one, I am way too easy to spot anyway.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Ha! Absolutely WRONG
, I have NO sockpuppets and never have had one, I am way too easy to spot anyway.

Springer...

damn...

i thought it was because of val's "us" comment

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Nah... Springer's right. We'd all see him a mile away if he had another account. Before you know it he'd be babbling about Harleys and what not. It wouldn't last an hour.

As for Byrd... trust me Byrd's name is not Justin lol.

As for Justin, nice to see your badge

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
As for Byrd... trust me Byrd's name is not Justin lol.

As for Justin, nice to see your badge

yeah, byrd is a female

congratz justin on your new ATS bling-bling

EDIT:

i guess this thread was productive after all

[edit on 16-8-2006 by they see ALL]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join