It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Qana V.II - where to find the the Israeli Investigation report?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Does anyone know where I can find the official report made by the Israeli government on Qana V.II. It seems the maimstream media doesn't pay attention to this issue anymore, however I am interested in their findings and conclusions.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I'm still looking for it, may we conclude that the Israeli claim of going to investigate Qana V2.0 is just a loose statement?

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   
They are finally finished writing their report [on the UN post]. Personally, I find the explanation they give pretty weak. Not being able to identify a UN post, while it's so clearly marked doesn't make sense to me. Besides, they are using drones everywhere, and now the old fashioned map is being blamed.

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - An Israeli air strike which killed four United Nations military observers at their base in Lebanon was due to an error with military maps of the area, an investigation by Israel said on Thursday.

...He said maps of the area had been duplicated due to the deployment of more troops in the area.

"There was a mishap on the Israeli side where in duplication of maps, the U.N. position on the maps was not marked as it should have been and that created the tragedy," Regev said.

Regev said the investigation found that about 100 meters (yards) from the U.N. position there was a Hizbollah position where there was "hostile activity."

"Ordinance was launched on the assumption of the Hizbollah target," he said. "Had the IDF (Israeli military) known that the position targeted was a U.N. position, ordnance would never have been launched."

"There was a mistake made whereby the U.N. position did not appear clearly as it should," he said, adding the report had been passed on to U.N. investigators.

The U.N. has said it asked Israel a dozen times to stop bombing near the post in the hours before the attack.

Israel at the time expressed deep regret and said the deaths resulted from a "tragic operational mistake."

Washington Post

Still waiting for a report on Qana.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
MDV cmon did you really expect them to just come out and say they just outright attacked them? The have the lowest regard for the UN, for Kofi Annan and any resolutions that were ever presented to them. They regard the UN as Anti-semetic, Anti-Israel and Anti-Zionistic, so of course they could care less wether or not they killed those people. They killed 100's of kids, so why would UN soldiers be any different??

Pie

top topics

join