It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the U.K on the verge of a civil war?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Only the Sikhs wear Turbans over here and, last time I checked, they were not causing anyone any grief

The first thing to do would be to clear out the houses of parliament and string up a few Lords and MP's. After all, they are the ones who have made this country what it is today, a haven for every scrounging bugger on the planet. Can't blame the foreigners for making a beeline for the UK if they know they are gonna get the benefits as soon as they arrive.
Try to install a system of Government that is accountable for their actions and have those in government serve a fixed term. No more Career Politicians and lifelong civil servants milking the system and looking after themselves to the detriment of everyone else.

If we can accomplish all that before the early evening soaps start then we may have a chance

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
We’re all allowed the freedom to formulate and express our own opinions—for now at least; as Political Correctness grows more and more severe, things will change—and in my opinion, my initial response is “no, that’s impossible.”

As Mark Twain once said “[t]he only thing in life that stays the same is change;” and likewise, if the Muslims continue to grow quickly by their birth-rates and immigration numbers—as much as you Politically Correct ignoramuses don’t want to hear this—then yes, there will civil strife and conflict. I wouldn’t necessarily go in so far as to call it a war, though it will certainly result in conflict. (By the way, the conflict won’t be restricted solely to Britain: France, Sweden, Norway, and various other countries with leftward regimes will additionally erupt into “infidel”/Muslim conflict(s).)

Disillusioned leftists and liberals think this problem can be prevented by simply repeating clichéd smear-names such as “fascist!” or “racist!” or “bigot!” or various other “-ists.” But in reality things are the exact opposite: If right-leaning organizations can, through the skillful use of propaganda and influence, prevent further Islamic immigration into various European countries, then there would, truthfully, be no conflict in the future, because the Muslims will lack sufficient numbers to produce domestic strife; and the ones the who are currently in the U.K.—if the right-leaning don’t deport them on the basis of their race, which is very, very unlikely to happen, considering the large amount of egalitarian-influence which is imbedded in that country’s political paradigm—will inevitably integrate into British society.

Now, you all may or may not agree with everything I say; or maybe you agree with some things and disagree with most, or disagree with some things but agree with most; but hey, this is just my opinion, and I’m probably not entirely right anyway (actually, I believe there’s no such thing as a “right” or “wrong” opinion: all opinions are valid).

[edit on 19-8-2006 by James1221]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Race Riot is what I call it. We simply don't have enough Muslims (let alone Muslim fundamentalists) in the army-police to cause a civil war.
Due to the U.K's truly evil foreign policy the potential for extremism to grow has never been better. We interfere with Iraq for the 4th time in a century; invade Afghanistan twice; and sell weapons to Israel (officially it’s only about 25 million pounds although in reality we channel much more through from other countries).

We do other things as well of course but these are the ones that must make Muslims feel like they are traitors to their people by being in our country, contributing to our economy. If an extremist can come along and say "it's not your fault England behaves the way it does; it's the fault of the English people" then of course this going to look like a kind of attractive let out clause. The less English you become the less responsible you for the crimes they have done. This must fit in nicely with Islam which being a minority religion enables you to find other people like you. Then you become socially self sufficient of English people within England. In fact there are a few Muslims who after been here for many years still can't speak English.

In time this state within a state is going to get provocative and you are going to have them do things like burn the union flag. But because the police protect them from the good hiding they deserve the hatred will stay beneath the surface with their arrogant confidence left intact. Eventually things will snap. Ether the skin heads will have their ranks swollen with enough local to support to go on the attack; or the Muslims will delude themselves enough to go on the attack. Ether way its the Muslims who will loose out the most (unless of course the police change the balance). This distant possibility won't change much though as there are more of us than there are of them.

The best way to diffuse this crisis is to lock the fundamentalists up when they cross certain lines like burning the union flag. Otherwise we leave them in the community and their hatred will multiply. Trouble is if we don't enough prisons for burglars then we hardly have enough for the odd flag burning Muslim extremist.

The best way for ordinary people to deal with this trouble is stay out of it. There are enough chav's around to make up England's Baseball Bat Squad once a suitable provocation is found. Till then the tension rises.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I lived in the UK in Suffolk County from 94-96. From what I experienced living there was that many folk in your country lacked economic opportunity and were hard pressed to earn a living wage. Racism was no better or worse than many parts of the US that I've lived in. I feel that then the UK was much closer to economic turmoil than the US. Economic despair is the breeding ground of totalitarianism in its various forms. For all the wealth of the Middle East petroleum fields are generating, a man might think that you'd be migrating to the Arabian peninsula and other Persian countries not the other way round. The Arab Muslims are the modern equivalent of the 16th and 17th century Spanish, swimming in wealth and squandering it uselessly on wars and its toys of conquest at the same time. Yes, They've tried for 50 years to conquer the Israelis and if you look at the numbers, they out number the Israelis 15 to 1 or better yet have stilled failed miserably. When peak oil finally hits and their fields run dry, who will they blame for their woes then. Sorry about getting off topic their but I've lived in both your country and the Arab nations.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
Race Riot is what I call it.

- Well no surprises there, of course you would.

The mask slips a little further lib.

Between plain contradictory confusion (your comments about Islam and it's minority appeal are rather silly), gross exaggeration (like all with 'that particiular view' the sky is always about to fall in and your long dreamed of revolution is about to start at any moment) and plain old ridiculous alarmism laced with hatred, you're excelling yourself -

In time this state within a state is going to get provocative and you are going to have them do things like burn the union flag. But because the police protect them from the good hiding they deserve

- So, burning a colourful - if symbolic - rag is justification to seriously physically assault a person, to you , huh?

I think you'll find such talk is contrary to the T&C, around here.

[edit on 20-8-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Are we close to civil war?

No but I think we're close to some serious full scale civil unrest, and at some point in the future.... who knows.

A lot of people I've known for years have gone from having very liberal/moderate veiws to something far more right wing in the past few years. It's worrying.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ubermunche
I think we're close to some serious full scale civil unrest, and at some point in the future.... who knows.

- I'd refer you to the 1981 inner city riots.

They were a kind of civil unrest, fairly big although limited in number, geography and duration.

They didn't cause the sky to fall in either (not even when repeated later on a smaller scale).

In fact I have heard it argued that it did some kind of 'greater good' in terms of confronting out-of-date attitudes and creating a realistic basis on which gov dealt with the inner cities.

Shame about the trauma, violence, destruction, injures and death, eh?

......and I don't call what we have seen to date and what are, relatively speaking, a handful of scuffles in a couple of small northern towns "full scale civil unrest" or the precursor to that either.

Even Northern Ireland (several magnitudes larger than anything seen in the rest of the UK) was not actually a real "civil war".

One might even argue that, given the way it too was highly localised, sporadic and pursued by relatively small numbers and not large chunks of the populace there, that it does not qualify as the kind of "full scale civil unrest" some seem to be so keen to anticipate and exaggerate about here.

A lot of people I've known for years have gone from having very liberal/moderate views to something far more right wing in the past few years. It's worrying.

- As people get older I think there may be a tendency for some to become more right-wing, IMO it's fear driven.
As a person's faculties diminish and young men may start to appear potentially threatening as it is realised that one may be less well equipped to look after oneself in such a confrontation.

Right now the picture is quite an amusingly weird and confused one.

The racist element wants to exploit tales about the small Muslim minority we have (not caring that many if not most of those they are happy to label as Muslim are actually of Asian Hindu origin) and the whole scary Islamic 'scene'.
Yet the largest number of immigrant 'aliens' we have right now are new EU-entrant (white) Europeans here to work.

Somehow, despite the earnest exhortations and efforts of that tiny minority of right-wing idiots trying to make it all happen (ironically on the same side as the other tiny minority of Muslim extremists who would also happily torch our society as it is) their dreary little nationalist revolution isn't going to emerge from the unrest/civil war this time either.
(which must be a real bottom-er for them seeing as they can't really understand why it hasn't happened long ago, already).

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
read the independent today, they look into all the headlines regarding immigration and its basically a lie (the independent even say that).

When the new member states join, only 2.9 cent are expected to leave (not all to the UK). Secondly, they cannot claim benefits at all and they do the jobs that no one else will do.

How can people say they are taking our jobs, when the majority of our country will not do the jobs? Many Poles work on farms (which many in this country will not do) and even in the fishing trade, many Poles work and do not complain. A fishing business in Scotland, did give 20 jobs to workers (who were born in Scotland) and at the end of the week he had 6 left (because the rest left cause they didn't like the work). He then filled the remaining spaces up with Polish workers, they arrived everyday, on time and didn't complain about the work.

If we threw them all out, the majority of you would be crying because of the state of our economy and the fact you will have to work jobs you don't like. Plus, production would be low for the UK because the lack of workers (who work in the factories, farms, etc.)

And regarding that those who burn the Union Jack deserve a beating, its funny cause that Flag use to represent beating...........killing,racism and imperalism

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   

How can people say they are taking our jobs, when the majority of our country will not do the jobs? Many Poles work on farms (which many in this country will not do) and even in the fishing trade, many Poles work and do not complain. A fishing business in Scotland, did give 20 jobs to workers (who were born in Scotland) and at the end of the week he had 6 left (because the rest left cause they didn't like the work). He then filled the remaining spaces up with Polish workers, they arrived everyday, on time and didn't complain about the work.

your spot on with this comment mate.

I have argued this with pals in the uk many times, dont bitch about the young pakastani lad in his M3 bmw, work as hard and as longer hours as he does and you can have one 2.

it seems like that the majority of people in the uk are now frightned of hard work or doing mundane jobs that they think they are above, then bleat like sheep when they see the position filled by some one foreign.

i cant stand that attitude.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Actualy, the question was so obviously simple, the answer was going to be as simple. Sorry, I'm not into complicating the uncomplicated. There's too much of that crap in the world today.
Glad I could help

Vance

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
I have argued this with pals in the uk many times, dont bitch about the young pakastani lad in his M3 bmw, work as hard and as longer hours as he does and you can have one 2.

i couldn't have said it better myself

ive lost count of the people i knew from school, who left and went straight on to benefits and they cry about immigration to me all the time (even though they have never done a days work in their life)

its funny that Skynews is focusing on the bad points and are only speaking to councils who are controlled by the Tories
im suprised they haven't invited the BNP on as their "immigration expert"

another thing that the media will not mention about immigration. Church attendence. Attendence is now slowly increasing and certain ethnic groups have helped to maintaing the Church.

But i really don't know why people are crying about the Polish community now, they don't even make up 1% of the Country
what is it with the UK making tiny groups big,bad,evil "bad guys"

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   

- I'd refer you to the 1981 inner city riots.

They were a kind of civil unrest, fairly big although limited in number, geography and duration.

They didn't cause the sky to fall in either (not even when repeated later on a smaller scale).

In fact I have heard it argued that it did some kind of 'greater good' in terms of confronting out-of-date attitudes and creating a realistic basis on which gov dealt with the inner cities.

Shame about the trauma, violence, destruction, injures and death, eh?

Those events were a reaction by a section of our society that felt disenfranchsed and discriminated against, they wanted a piece of the pie and felt, quiet rightly, angry at a system that seemd hell bent on keeping them at the bottom of the pile and yes some good did come out of that IMO too.

One of the problems we are seeing now involves segments of the community that actively reject and wish to seperate themselves from the mainstream society or go even further and replace it with their own ideologies. They may very well be a small subculture within a culture and lets face it they wont manage it but they have the potential to cause significant damage to intercommunity relationships along with their bretheren within the far right.

......and I don't call what we have seen to date and what are, relatively speaking, a handful of scuffles in a couple of small northern towns "full scale civil unrest" or the precursor to that either.

Even Northern Ireland (several magnitudes larger than anything seen in the rest of the UK) was not actually a real "civil war"

I don't call it full scale civil unrest but I do recognise it as a worrying trend....or precursor if you like. Hopefully we will all be terribly British about it and ride the storm out but I certainly wouldn't dismiss it out of hand and again I can see the potential for it to become part of a larger problem. As for Northern Ireland, well yes it wasn't strictly civil war but I'm damned if I'd want to see a similar scenario unfolding on the streets of mainland UK. Just throw in some sectarianism, a sense of mutual suspicion and greivience and viola, you can find most of the ingrediants on your own back door, here's one we prepared earlier.

One might even argue that, given the way it too was highly localised, sporadic and pursued by relatively small numbers and not large chunks of the populace there, that it does not qualify as the kind of "full scale civil unrest" some seem to be so keen to anticipate and exaggerate about here.

I do so hope that wasn't directed at me, for the record I'm not some closet racist sitting ranting and salivating in masturbatory glee at the coming race war. I hate the way things are going in this country when, with a bit of mutual respect and common sense, it could be the multi ethnic/multi cultural society it was intended to be. Just get the Sun readers and Guardianistas out and it would be perfect.

- As people get older I think there may be a tendency for some to become more right-wing, IMO it's fear driven.
As a person's faculties diminish and young men may start to appear potentially threatening as it is realised that one may be less well equipped to look after oneself in such a confrontation.

Hey hey LBJ, never trust anyone over thirty eh Smikey. I tend to find that when it's fifteen young thugs kicking the s**t out of you or some young radical blowing himself up next to you on the train that youth (or lack of it) isn't really that much of an advantage in those situations. The theory also hits the buffers when I consider that some of the people I mentioned are only in their late twenties. Then again at my age maybe the memories getting faulty.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ubermunche
I do so hope that wasn't directed at me

- Don't be so para, of course it wasn't.

I'm just asking (as usual) for a sense of historical perspective that all too often here seems to be lacking.

In fact I'd also say that just how little some people know (or understand) about the history and events of what is supposed to be their own country (that they then go on to make grandiose claims of such 'love', 'loyalty' and great feeling for) around here is pretty shocking at times.

.....and if people are going to start flapping their lips (ok, fingers in this case) about verging "civil war" then I (like several others here) are going to confront such ridiculous notions, particularly when it is so obviously quickly becomes laced with absurd and plainly racist scare stories regarding small minorities about to 'take over' and subjugate the majority.

Hey hey LBJ, never trust anyone over thirty eh Smikey.

- Well I was thinking along much more general lines.......as someone now over 40
(never over 65......but get back to me on that when I get near my 60's tho, eh?
).

I tend to find that when it's fifteen young thugs kicking the s**t out of you or some young radical blowing himself up next to you on the train that youth (or lack of it) isn't really that much of an advantage in those situations.

- True, but then I was commenting on a very general idea of 'right-wing drift' as people age that we can see in some and that you mentioned.

Of course the suicide bomber is a pretty unique phenomenon here, whether it is to be repeated and will leave any lasting impact on the general 'zeitgeist' remains to be seen.

The theory also hits the buffers when I consider that some of the people I mentioned are only in their late twenties. Then again at my age maybe the memories getting faulty.

- Fair enough and like all generalisations it doesn't hold true for absolutely all, I'd never claim otherwise.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join