It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC says homeopathic remedies don't work

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Tell it to the common wart that disappeared from my hand after keeping a slice of fresh GARLIC bandaided over it for 10 days.

Tell it to the fleas that are not on my dog, thanks NOT to canine Advantix, but instead to a pinch of BLACK WALNUT powder sprinkled on his meals.

Tell it to the heat rash between my legs that lasted for weeks, then disappeared within 3 days (of hot sweaty work) with the use of CORN STARCH.

Tell it to the 3rd hot spot on my dog which disappeared after 3 days of spraying colloidal silver. The first two were treated by the vet with antibiotics and cortizone injections and took a week to go away.

Study Says Homeopathic Remedies Don't Work

More like... Study Says if you own stock in Big News Company and Big Pharm, use News Company to denounce anything other than Big Pharm products and stock price will go up.

another bit at MSNBC on the same subject:

Teen Faces Cancer Trial

Apparently... not only are Big News and Big Pharm in cahoots... but Big Brother is demanding that this 16 year old be FORCE FED chemotherapy against his wishes to treat his cancer with an organic diet.

Stay in your air conditioned home... eat petro fertilized food... get well with petro chemical remedies... do as you are told.

Just curious... but for the 10,000 years before there was capitalism and the pharmicutical industry... what type of remedies did people use?

REPORTING FROM THE SANATARIUM,

Sri Oracle

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
if you watch ANY of the MSM for enough time to see the first set of ads, youll see exactly who pays the bills for the MSM.. BIG PAHRMA.... this, to me is a no brainer... big pharma propoganda. from start to finish.

My wife works at a natural health store and she says that the govt(FDA) at the beheadst of the big pharma companies are outlawing every herb they can as fast as possible... gotta love corproate personhood, huh.

anyway, good post

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Interesting,.... and probably plausible theory there. Follow the money as they say.

Homeopathic remedies can be effective for many reasons,... one of which can be compared to the Placebo Effect.
The mind is a very powerful thing. I believe we have the power within ourselves to cure/overcome nearly any disease. I've heard of Tibetan Monks who are able to control their body temperature through meditation. Whatever works I suppose. Why get injected or take dangerous pills with serious side-effects when a sugar pill could be just as effective, and nowhere near as dangerous? Just my opinion. I could be wrong of course.

[edit on 16-8-2006 by 2manyquestions]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
Tell it to the common wart that disappeared from my hand after keeping a slice of fresh GARLIC bandaided over it for 10 days.

Tell it to the fleas that are not on my dog, thanks NOT to canine Advantix, but instead to a pinch of BLACK WALNUT powder sprinkled on his meals.

Tell it to the heat rash between my legs that lasted for weeks, then disappeared within 3 days (of hot sweaty work) with the use of CORN STARCH.

Tell it to the 3rd hot spot on my dog which disappeared after 3 days of spraying colloidal silver. The first two were treated by the vet with antibiotics and cortizone injections and took a week to go away.

Uhh...those aren't homeopathic remedies, those are simply alternatives to mainstream medicine.

I should know, I'm a complete and total health nut! Got my own CS success story as a matter of fact, glad to hear yours as well.

Anyhow...

By definition, a quick Google search shows that homeopathy is:

"The practice of the use of active ingredients in minute dosages along with naturally occurring substances in order to provide a healthier balance of internal chemistry. These minute dosages would be viewed in traditional medicine as ineffective."

"Natural form of medicine that uses immeasurably small doses of medicines to stimulate the body's own defense and healing process. Homeopathy focuses on bringing the entire body back into homeostasis, or balance."

"Medicine developed by Samuel Hahnemann towards the end of the 18 th century, based on the understanding that healing comes from within, from the body’s innate self-healing forces. These forces are to be stimulated by certain substances that would actually cause respective disease if given in a high doses; intending to heal an illness with its equal substance."

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Yeah, those things aren't actually homeopathy... glad someone pointed that out!

I am an alternative-health nut, as well.
I like success stories, and there are so many more than most people imagine.

It's a conspiracy in itself, eh?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Uhh...those aren't homeopathic remedies, those are simply alternatives to mainstream medicine.

Point taken... I suppose I am just one of the appalled "adherents to alternative therapies that include homeopathy"

on subject

AER Bill

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
We should trust the big Pharma Corporations... NOT!!!!

Check out this link

www.fda.gov...

What this article doesn't mention is that GSK had 6 months to correct the problem and they did nothing. Another source stated that the rosiglitisone amounts in some of the Avandamet tablets were less than a therapeutic dose.
After this event GSK sent out letters to the doctors that prescribed Avandamet to the effect that the problem was only with the Paxil CR. I assume they sent similar letters to psychiatrists that prescribed Paxil CR stating the problem was only with the Avandamet.
This is the concept of Corporate Risk management.
If a corporation has a problem, are it's profits more at risk of being reduced if the a) problem exposed,
b) the victims are paid off,
c) the lawsuits are perpetuated in the court system until the victims drop dead

[edit on 21-8-2006 by niklaus]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Rainmaker,

Thanks for giving us the correct definitions. According to the definition for "homeopathic" one might correctly assume that vaccines fall into that category. lol. Maybe, once our access to dietary supplements and alternative health treatments are outlawed, we can make the buggars play by their own rules and get rid of vaccines (or at least take the harmful mercury out of them)?

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave we can make the buggars play by their own rules and get rid of vaccines (or at least take the harmful mercury out of them)?

My wife and I have already sworn not to have our children born in a hospital, no vaccines, and no social security numbers. All our children will ever see are herbal remedies, organic food, a good dose of scripture, and plenty of chores

Sri Oracle

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave we can make the buggars play by their own rules and get rid of vaccines (or at least take the harmful mercury out of them)?

My wife and I have already sworn not to have our children born in a hospital, no vaccines, and no social security numbers. All our children will ever see are herbal remedies, organic food, a good dose of scripture, and plenty of chores

Sri Oracle

the problem with that, of course, is DCS...if DCS(Department of Child Services) finds out about the lack of vaccines you could have a problem on your hands... They are on a bit of a witch hunt lately. Especially if they attend public schools. I think there are rules against having your kids in school without vaccines.

I applaud your belief system, I am merely making a precautionary suggestion.

thank you for your time,

TONE23

[edit on 9/9/2006 by TONE23]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23
the problem with that, of course, is DCS...if DCS(Department of Child Services) finds out about the lack of vaccines you could have a problem on your hands... They are on a bit of a witch hunt lately. Especially if they attend public schools. I think there are rules against having your kids in school without vaccines.

TONE23

[edit on 9/9/2006 by TONE23]

We're anti public-indoctrinization-systems (schools) as well. Everything my children need to learn will come from scripture, books, family, or select mentors. If DCS comes witch hunting at my door they'll find a bowhunter on the other side with a sword weilding bwitch of a wife to back me up. Pun intended.

Thanks for the heads up... we know what we're up against. I'll be damned before anyone sticks my children with needles. God given immunity is all anyone ever needs.

For more info google: VIDS (Vaccine Induced Diseases)

NOBODY dies of disease... they die of environmental toxicity; pollution. Dis - Ease is the symptom.

Not in love with the modern world,

Sri Oracle

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Sri Oracle, nice thread

I've been searching in the area of healing with electricity lately and been having great results. I've never been much into homeopathy but natural healing without drugs is normal at my house.

In the cabinet we normally keep Echinacea, goldenseal, vitamin C, oregano oil, a good multi vitamin, B complex, acidophilus, vitamin E, jewel weed tincture (homemade), and many other "essential" herbs that we might need. I do have a homeopathic remedy for anthrax also, just in case.

We grow pennyroyal and spray a tea made from the leaves on the dog and get the same results.
We make our own colloidal silver too. It's cheaper that way!

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
All you have to do to convince yourself of the propaganda against homeopathic medice is . . .to remember that medice and medicinal remedies has been around since humans walk the earth.

And it keep them alive. Modern medicine is just a that modern, expensive and very profitable beside easily marketed.

Always remember who is passing the pay checks on any TV program you watch.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beer_Guy

Would you be so kind as to describe the process or provide a "how to link"? We purchase our silver; It's expensive that way!

Sri Oracle

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   

In the cabinet we normally keep Echinacea, goldenseal, vitamin C, oregano oil, a good multi vitamin, B complex, acidophilus, vitamin E, jewel weed tincture (homemade), and many other "essential" herbs that we might need. I do have a homeopathic remedy for anthrax also, just in case.

have you been rummaging around in my cabinets?...
.....you just took a list of what I have at my house too...

My wife has been making me take this stuff for about a tear or so and I have been feeling much much better. I have more energy and havnt been had a flu or cold in almost two years. My wife rocks!!!!

original quote by:Sri Oracle
Thanks for the heads up... we know what we're up against. I'll be damned before anyone sticks my children with needles. God given immunity is all anyone ever needs.

No problem...I was just making sure you knew the playing field...;

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
I've heard of Tibetan Monks [/url]who are able to control their body temperature through meditation....

In, I think, Light on Yoga by BKS Iyengar, there is described a pranayama (breathing) practice which can raise the temperature of the body, and cause it to emit quite a lot of heat. Having tried it myself, I can attest to its effectiveness.

There are also plenty of stories of t'ai chi/chi gung adepts who can do the same thing. One teacher was said to be so good at this that on cold days his students could stand around warming their hands as if around an open fire.

Edit because I pressed the wrong damn button somehow!

[edit on 10-9-2006 by rich23]

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Would you be so kind as to describe the process or provide a "how to link"? We purchase our silver; It's expensive that way!

Sri Oracle

This is the setup I use, been doing it for years, and I forget why 27VDC is optimum.

Obtain three 9VDC alkaline common household batteries, two thin wire (20ga is fine) jumpers w/alligator clips at each end (available at any Radio Shack or electronics store), distilled water, and two lengths (approx. 6 inches) of 99.999% pure silver wire (available on eBay for cheap).

"Snap" the batteries together in series, so you end up with only one unused + and one unused - contact. The arrrangement will look like a sort of triangle, with two batteries side by side and the third opposite them facing the other way. You'll see what I mean when you assemble it.

Clip one end of each alligator lead to each of the unused battery contacts. Clip the other end of each to the end of a piece of silver wire. From this moment on DO NOT LET THE SILVER WIRES TOUCH!! That will create a short circuit, as both are now live.

Pour some of the water into a drinking glass, jar, etc. Place the silver wires on the opposite edges of the vessel, bending them gently as needed to make them hook onto the edge. The alligator clips should be on the ends of the wires that hang on the edge of the vessel. The other ends of the silver wires are immersed in the water.

There you have it. I have never tested mine, but I'm told that making a 4oz water solution in this manner and allowing the "silver generator" to run for 40 minutes will produce a 10 to 15ppm solution.

Total expense: about $20. Don't throw your money at Internet hocksters offering the same thing for much more money.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Here's a good link...
www.cyonic-nemeton.com...

You'll find differing info depending on where you look. The most common thoughts suggest using a smaller voltage over a longer time period. That makes the the silver (particles? ions? molecules?) smaller and smaller is better.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23
if you watch ANY of the MSM for enough time to see the first set of ads, youll see exactly who pays the bills for the MSM.. BIG PAHRMA.... this, to me is a no brainer... big pharma propoganda. from start to finish.

My wife works at a natural health store and she says that the govt(FDA) at the beheadst of the big pharma companies are outlawing every herb they can as fast as possible... gotta love corproate personhood, huh.

anyway, good post

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Point taken... I suppose I am just one of the appalled "adherents to alternative therapies that include homeopathy"

on subject

AER Bill

For those whose first line of treatment is allopath, homeopathy is an alternative medicine.

For those whose first line of treatment is homeopathy, allopathy is an alternative medicine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join