It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Copperfield finds The Fountain of Youth ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Supposedly David Copperfield has found The Fountain of Youth...decide for yourselves......could it be real ?? knowing how he is it's doubtful....personally I do not trust the guy....
Read story here

[edit on 16-8-2006 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
convenient that he built a resort around it. And is only making it public that he found the fountain after the place was ready to start renting.

Total marketing scam.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
yeah totally. for a guy that knowingly lies and deceives for a living, its hard to take him seriously.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Mr Copperfields' remark about -> bugs and insects which are near death...and that come in contact with the water are seen to recover.

seems far fetched, but if someone can buy 4 islands for $50mil,
then it may be assumed he also has medical staff who practise
bug & insect triage, diagnosis, and systematic recovery procedures
for bugs & insects.

? but why hasn't he sent samples to CDC, WorldHealthOrg, or some
such body, to see if the liquid is usefull in treating HIV or AIDS ???

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   

bugs and insects which are near death...and that come in contact with the water are seen to recover.

Maybe the bugs were just dying of thirst.

No seriously, I don't believe it. If he found it, then he should try some of that water - he comes back looking younger, then I'll believe.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Confucious say...."Marketing Scam"

I don't really think it is a scam, rather a marketing ploy.

He hasn't stated any findings yet, which allows it to sit in the wind for a little while. In the meantime... make the illusion.

People will stand in line to pay big bucks, in hopes that they will have exclusive rights to the fountain of youth. When in the end, tests will be found inconclusive... leaving more mystery never to be revealed.

side note;

What an awesome idea. I never really thought of the 'fountain of youth' being used to cure all diseases. Be nice if someone really did find it.

but why hasn't he sent samples to CDC, WorldHealthOrg, or some such body, to see if the liquid is usefull in treating HIV or AIDS ???

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Copperfield is a turd for claiming this.
Way to make some more money or help him pay for that island.

On another note, the fountain is said to be located in Florida or the Bahamas.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   

news.yahoo.com...

David Copperfield says he has found the "Fountain of Youth" in the southern Bahamas, amid a cluster of four tiny islands he recently bought for $50 million

-snip-

One of his islands in the Exuma chain, Musha Cay, is a private resort that rents for up to $300,000 a week

-snip-

"I've discovered a true phenomenon," he told Reuters in a telephone interview. "You can take dead leaves, they come in contact with the water, they become full of life again. ... Bugs or insects that are near death, come in contact with the water, they'll fly away. It's an amazing thing, very, very exciting."

Uhuh...

If there's a sucker born every minute, there's a couple of extremenly wealthy ones born every hour or so.

At least the Grand Illusionist is only attempting to defraud the veryy rich.

On a side note...if there was proof that this 'magic water' existed there and it became widely known, how long do you suppose it would be before the superpowers started steaming fleets of warships toward, dropping HALO teams upon or otherwise planning to invade and take his little goldmine away?

I suppose I'm not buying it...

Not even at a 90% cut in price ($30,000 a week)

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Ok stupid question time but I wasn't able to surmise this from the article.
You can own the island but do you also own the water surrounding it?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DDay
Ok stupid question time but I wasn't able to surmise this from the article.
You can own the island but do you also own the water surrounding it?

I don't think it's the water surrounding it, which would be the great salty ocean, but some spring-fed freshwater pond somewhere on the island.

I'm guessing those near-death insects he mentions were dying of thirst, and, upon a sip of water, amazingly recovered. Also, I've had plants that looked just about dead which came 'back to life' after a little watering.

Perhaps that 'fountain of youth' comes out of my kitchen tap too.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
convenient that he built a resort around it. And is only making it public that he found the fountain after the place was ready to start renting.

Total marketing scam.

You noticed that, too?

For what it's worth, the "fountain of youth" legends are ONLY European. Not Amerind or Carib (and you'd think they would know, right?) The locals don't have a longer life span than the average American (in fact, it's a shorter lifespan)... hence I'd say it's a marketing ploy.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
What a dork

Evidently drinking from the waters of the fountain of youth doesn't do anything to put life in your act but it seems to do wonders for the ego.

Maybe he's just trying to hook up with another super model. Hey baby we can be young forever. Wanna help me make something dissapear?

You would think that David was smart enough to realise that a very good way to promote something if your an illusionist is to actually do a really good illusion.

Ponce de leon is spinning in his grave.

SPiderj

CX

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well for the amount he will be charging to use the waters there, i hope he has a lot of excuses lined up for when people find out that it may not bring life back to them other than via the positive effects of being in an island paradise!

Another thing, how long has he has these islands for? Surely if there were magical properties in the water, someone else would have noticed by now? Plus, if they had, i'm pretty sure the guy in this article would'nt have sold.

Chicago investor and real estate developer John Melk is sparring with magician David Copperfield over a private island in the Bahamas, in a protracted dispute that has entangled rock star Lenny Kravitz, among others.

Mr. Melk, an early backer of Waste Management Inc. and Blockbuster Inc., claims Mr. Copperfield pulled one of his famous disappearing acts, setting up a shell company and secretly bankrolling its $45.5-million purchase of Mr. Melk's Musha Cay after Mr. Melk refused to sell it to him.

Mogul and magician argue over island

Marketing ploy in my books, but after reading the article regarding the islands purchase, i think theres more than one conspiracy waiting to be investigated with this subject. Russian mafia links?.....squeaky clean Copperfield? Surely not!

In his court filings, Mr. Melk says he declined to sell to Mr. Copperfield, citing his "lack of experience" in running resorts, "rumors concerning his personal lifestyle" and "alleged ties with the Russian mafia." Mr. Copperfield's lawyer, Bruce Laxalt of Reno-based Laxalt & Nomura Ltd., calls those rumors "bunk."

Having briefly looked into this it does appear that Copperfields company were trying to retrieve money or equipment from a russian company that had ties to the Russian mafia, but i'm not sure if that qualifies him for "involvement"?.

Far too much hassle for a few less wrinkles if you ask me lol.

CX.

[edit on 17/8/06 by CX]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
So that's how the he made the statue of liberty disappear. The russian mafia stole it!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I'd like to sneak in there and see whats what, then and only then will I believe any of this.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
he put hydrogen peroxide in to the water, outdated trick, loza

top topics

join