It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tampons are Killing women: The tampon conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   
In case you didnt know guys and gals.....TAMPONS ARE KILLING WOMEN

Links:
The question's absorbing: 'Are tampons little white lies?'
The truth about tampons
Whats in your tampons?

Chlorine, dioxin.....these are probably only a few of the deadly chemicals found in many leading brands, most probably in there to make women bleed more, thus making them need to buy more tampons.

Isn't this one of the most horrific things ever? It's bad enough for women that they have to bleed and go through pain every month...but then to have to pay for the priviledge of using sanitary towels that seep poison into the most sensitive and receptive parts of their body aswell?

If ever their was a more poignant example of how we are abused by corporations and the 'enlightened/rich' people who rule over our everyday existence is this rotten society....

Of course this is just one of a number of issues involving companies having absoloutely no regard for our health or the health of the wolrd in general.
Link about chemicalsl

TAKE ACTION! SPREAD THE WORD There are alternatives out there, this is one a friend of mine told me about which is actually alot cheaper than buying tampons:
MOONCUP
And there are more too:
Turned off by tampons? Here are the alternatives
And many of these other forms of sanitary devices help stop the huge amounts of waste caused by these unecessary and dangerous little things
Landfill is a bloody business

So for Gods sake spread the word. NOW!

[edit on 16/8/2006 by earthtone]

[edit on 16-8-2006 by kinglizard]

Mod edit: link fixed

[edit on 8/16/2006 by Gools]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Just a minor point...

Asbestos isn't a chemical, it's a term applied broadly to a variety of silicate fibers.

Not to put a damper on your thread, just something to remember.

On that note, why the Hell would anyone put asbestos in a tampon? Fire-proofing?

:shk:

Edit: K, this is a contradiction, no? It seemed ludicrous to me that there would be asbestos in tampons, and sure enough, one of your own links claims that this was a hoax.

www.frontiernet.net...

To sum it up: asbestos in tampons is a hoax.

[edit on 16-8-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Just a minor point...

Asbestos isn't a chemical, it's a term applied broadly to a variety of silicate fibers.

Not to put a damper on your thread, just something to remember.

On that note, why the Hell would anyone put asbestos in a tampon? Fire-proofing?

Yeh sorry about that mistake. I think they put asbestos in becuase the fibres induce more bleeding which obviously means that women will buy more tampons

Ok double mistake here. Well at least some of the chemicals must be used to induce more bleeding. Why else would they do it. The only reason they do any of this crap is to make more money. Sorry about the mistakes. So...angry....no patience...to read...links

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   
What've you gotta do with tampons? Its a women's problem I thought. Leave it to them to sort this out. I know women who have been wearing them since the age of the
dinosaurs and they're still alive and kickin'!!

So what's the big deal??

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Geeze, what a funny issue this is. If you had to shove a series of objects up your bleeding penis once every month I think you would slightly concerned about them having harmfull chemicals inside them matey.

What difference is it that I am a guy. Women rule dude.....if you don't know tha....are you single?

(Mod Edit: Personal Insult Removed)

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Well, your links have raised some interesting questions in my mind.

I need to do a LOT more reading now, and my pile is already gigantic...

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Good. I know the pile is so incredibly huge......but even if it were the smallest amount of chemicals in them, forgetting the asbestos mistake, even if it were just a fraction, its still an outrage. There is no reason to bleach tampons white, there is no reason to include any harmfull substances whatsoever.

The landfill issue is a huge one also. These things take years and years to decompose naturally, and they dont even make sense for women. The whole process (not to mention the advertising) makes women feel disgusted with themselves and out of touch with their bodies (I am quoting my very well respected friend here because obviously I would know this being a bloke) Like most products and processes in our capitalist society, its a con. A con that benefits the 'man' . . .

Dae

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
You bring up lots of good points! We need to be extra careful about what goes into tampons. Its strange really, with the right product, I imagine that it should rot away quite nicely, in an ideal world.

Like most products and processes in our capitalist society, its a con. A con that benefits the 'man' . . .

Noo, no no no, dont go down that road lol. Remember, there IS equality, we are all getting shafted equally, man, woman and child. The only winners are those at the top, and they can be any colour or sex.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Geeze, what a funny issue this is. If you had to shove a series of objects up your bleeding penis once every month I think you would slightly concerned about them having harmfull chemicals inside them matey.

What difference is it that I am a guy. Women rule dude.....if you don't know tha....are you single?

(Mod Edit: Personal Insult Removed)

I think you're very nice by posting this informative piece. I like your analogy.

I like a sensitive person.
I never went with those things. For one thing, try running around all day with something like that....not to my liking. Need i say more?
I always thought they were "unsafe" and i dont want something "foreign" in my cooch all day. There are other ways. We have enough "unsafe" stuff around us all day- who needs it.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
...not to my liking. Need i say more?

Personally, being a guy, I was always a bit jealous.

I mean...according to all of those tv commercials (if you get the right brand
) you can play tennis, go horseback riding, and all sorts of fun stuff!

Kinda like a cheaper Club Med!

Ahhh, if only I was a woman.....or a doctor....

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
redmage

Trust me...unless you have the $$$$$, wearing one isnt going to do anything for you.
Just aggravate ya.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dae
You bring up lots of good points! We need to be extra careful about what goes into tampons. Its strange really, with the right product, I imagine that it should rot away quite nicely, in an ideal world.

Like most products and processes in our capitalist society, its a con. A con that benefits the 'man' . . .

Noo, no no no, dont go down that road lol. Remember, there IS equality, we are all getting shafted equally, man, woman and child. The only winners are those at the top, and they can be any colour or sex.

The 'man' , the 'woman' , whatever, whoever is getting the money from this poo and all the other things we buy into that are slowly/rapidly killing us. Sorry didn't mean to make it sound like that. But I would say that if you think that we have an equal society in terms of the sexes then you are wrong. Do women get paid the same as men in alot equal of jobs? I don't think so. Don't be fooled. Sexism has just been pushed under the radar nowadays in my opinion.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Earthtone, speaking as a woman, I thank you for the warning. If I were a man with a wife, I'd be concerned about my wife's health.
Anyway, about 3 years ago I came down with toxic shock syndrome from a tampon. it had gotten wedged way up there (not trying to be gross, but informational) and I didn't know it was still there. 9 days later I felt like absolute crud, very fatigued, foggy brain, and pain in my lower abdomen. I went to the emergency and sure enough they found the little culprit and told me it was toxic shock syndrome. If it had gone on for very long, like 2 more weeks or so, I might have been dead. It was scary, especially for my husband, too. So, ladies, be careful if you use those things and make sure they are taken out!

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
Earthtone, speaking as a woman, I thank you for the warning. If I were a man with a wife, I'd be concerned about my wife's health.
Anyway, about 3 years ago I came down with toxic shock syndrome from a tampon. it had gotten wedged way up there (not trying to be gross, but informational)t!

Thank you for the story, don't be ashamed of being 'gross'! People need this information, theres nothing gross about the human body, its a marvel !

I am indeed concerned for everyone, especially my significant other who cannot afford to buy anything but regular tampons. There should be clear warnings on the packets of these evil things at least.

Sorry to hear about your misforune.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Some of your posts just makes me laugh until tears run down my face.

I love when the males bring female subjects and try to be so objective and detach.

Yes anything that goes or has to be inside a body does bring safety issues.

Tampons are not as innocent as many think and the ones that are claiming that are dangerous . . . yes you have some concerns that are legit.

I will not say that I never used them because I did. . . but no matter what. . . I never put away my old fashion methods.

All females should be very careful as what they used for personal hygiene especially in those sensitive areas of the female body.

Good topic, earthone

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

redmage

Trust me...unless you have the $$$$$, wearing one isnt going to do anything for you.

Yeah I know (and I know that you don't have to be a doctor to visit Club Med either
) but I'm glad I could bring a little laughter to your day.

I just couldn't resist poking some fun at a few of those rediculous tv commercials.

In all seriousness though, things like T.S.S. are definately no laughing matter.

Women should always be careful with products that they choose to use....get it?...."always".....

So sorry, I just can't help it. :shk:

Oooooo! Airplanes!!!

*gets distracted and runs off to play with girlfriend's new box of "airplane stickers"*

[edit on 8/16/06 by redmage]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

redmage

I just couldn't resist poking some fun at a few of those rediculous tv commercials.

Yeh in all serious the TV commerciasl are terrible. just an avaerage thing in this society I guess; peaople making us need things that are bad for us for their own monetary gain.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
One small note:
You need to be careful about how far up you push these things, if you choose to wear them. You've got about 6-8 inches of track, and these things can be worn next to the entrance, going no further back than the g-spot. This greatly reduces the risk of losing one in you. This can be painful if you aren't a heavy bleeder, 'though.

I find I am more likely to pass out without one inside me, during the first few days. Something about how I ache down there just throws my equilibrium out of balance.

TSS is increased when not wearing the apropriate absorbancy. While you can wear Tampons for some 8 hours, it's best to only wear them for 6 hours. As removing dry tampons can not only hurt, but irritate tissue, it's best to wear soemthing that protects against drips for the right ammount of time.

I tend to wear nothing towards the end, since I don't bleed enough the last few days to leave a mess at all.

Also, sex during is not the best course of action, since it can cause clotting, and then you have a natural blood made tampon ripe for TSS.

Tell you what. I'm sticking to Tampons until I get sick...or something similar to it comes out. Nothing works quite the way I want it to, other than Tampons.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   
As for the tampons killing our women thing, well lets just say I’ve been around a few who wear them, some my entire life and they aren't dropping dead, hopefully never will, so I’m a bit of a skeptic. Not to mention that what company wants to kill their customers? Ok besides the tobacco industry. But I will say though, walking around all day wearing essentially a diaper must suck.

[edit on 17-8-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Niteboy wont mind if i tell you all this. He was at the library when he read this thread and busted out laughing....LOL...

I wonder what the reaction was towards him at the library??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join