It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Whole Solar System is Undergoing Global Warming.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Now that I have more time to dive into this subject deeper... Let me continue my previous post. Gravity is one of the "Big UNKNOWNS" in science. YES we know the affects of gravity in respects that it causes objects to be pulled towards it thus we are held to the earth, but we DO NOT know why. It's like the properties of strong and weak nuclear forces... WE KNOW NOTHING about them. We know why they are there but we know absolutlety nothing else about them, and we never will if we are always so quick to shoot down others opinions about these mysteries in the Physics World. Science IS NOT about egos and someone having to be right all the time just because their limited mental capacities can not allow them to see the bigger pictures. It's about facts, real facts, generated without bias. There is a mountain of data that suggests that the earth has suffered "Global Warming" in the past and before man had AC and cigarettes or factories. Each of these periods is followed by another Ice Age. You have a multitude of different effects creating one big affect. I agree that we don't help but we were never meant to stop it from happening in the first place. It boils down in the end about being smart enought to not fight the battles we can not win and start thinking about preservation of the human race... It boils down to the basic rule of life itself "Survival of the FITTEST" You don't have the Brains to Back up the Brawn and the heart to back those up then well my sir you are soooo Gone. If we are all meant to be wiped out then so be it I say the Earth was a nice place till we got here anyway. How often do we think about others without having alterior motives? How often do we spend time looking at anything but the tips of our own noses... never looking beyond it OR behind it? Me personally would love to return to the Garden of Eden which was destroyed the day Columbus arrived on Plymouth Rock. NO computers, no phones, NOTHING but the BASICS and most of all PEACE AND HARMONY with the world that the Creator made. I plan on surviving the global apocolypse so I can rebuild the Garden of Tranquility in His Image NOT mine, and certainly not the US governments, by the way they are preparing, why do you think we have been stealing all the oil and then raising prices for it. They store the oil and then use the surplus cash to help fund the 2 back-up plans they have going? They know the stuffs gonna hit the fan and so do I, why you may ask? Because I don't put all my beliefs into what I see on TV and the News. I hear something I look it up, google it, talk to people, and thoughly research it before I say OK they're right/wrong. Take back your minds, look at the world around you, study it with an unpredjudiced mind, and see what your gut tells you then. I know it sounds like I'm rambling but my mind thinks faster than the rest of me can keep up and so I can never stay focused on one thing because something is always affected by something else, hopefully I have some effect on some of you to open up to the possibilites you have not yet thought of, but Till next Time TTFN

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
What may be causing Global Warming?
Here is the proof that perhaps ties everything together…

Would 2 Suns be capable of turning up the heat in our solar system?

Indeed, elliptical orbit equations have been found to be a better predictor of precession rates than Newcomb's formula, showing about ten times greater accuracyover the last hundred years. Moreover, a binary orbit motion of our sun provides a solution to a number of solar system formation theory enigmas including angular momentum. For these reasons, BRI has concluded our sun is most likely part of a long cycle binary system.
A binary system is two stars gravitationally bound orbiting a common center of mass. The stars can be of the same or differing sizes and orbits can be as short as a few days or as long as thousands of years. The short ones are easy to detect, the long ones difficult, some probably impossible to detect because of the very long observation period required.
www.binaryresearchinstitute.org...

I suggest once both suns enter the area called the vesica picses, which is an area that is formed by the two intersecting orbits is directly related to the ‘Apocalypse’. (precession)
This fish shape was also associated with the metaphorical Jesus.
This geometric pattern is used often in religious iconography.

When light waves are being compressed…as a result of the two suns moving closer to each other…they are said to be ‘blue-shifting’.
Many of the saviors were associated with the color blue…including Jesus.
A more profound demonstration of this color symbolism is the 9 incarnations of the blue-skinned Vishnu…(the Hindu version of Jesus that predates the poster boy)
Does the color of light have any significance in a world created by light?

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus

To summarize La Violette's findings and the sequence of his discoveries:

1979: Galactic Explosion Hypothesis: At the time that La Violette
begins his research, most astronomers agree that the core of our
galaxy is relatively quiescent and should remain so for tens of
millions of years. La Violette, having cracked the zodiacal
cosmocreation cryptogram, does not agree. According to the starscript,
he interprets that an immense explosion occurred at the center of our
galaxy thousands of years ago. Moreover, the story that unfolded
suggests that the core of our galaxy enters a cyclical explosive phase
during which intense winds of cosmic ray particles are released
equivalent to the energy released from five to ten million highly
energetic supernova explosions.

Here is another theory confirming La Violette’s Hypothesis…
www.physics-philosophy-metaphysics.com...

And once on that site I suggest spending some time investigating a new proposed theory to replace wave/particle duality with wave/wave duality.
By making this subtle alteration, SpaceTime would become SpaceMotion.
This theory is endorsed by physicist Milos Wolfe, one of the theorists.

What makes this whole theory intresting is that it ties in with the Hopi predications on 2012 and their theory of 5 or 6 ages which in turn coincides with these outburst cycles,also various theories of the end of the world tie in nicely to this theory.

So what do you guys think of this ? Sure sounds intresting indeed

See my name…Kachina?
That is the Hopi generic name for the Blue Star.
We according to the Hopi and Greeks and Hindu are in the 4th age.
However it was the Maya who suggest 2012…the Hopi are not date specific in their prophecy…their math sucked, not a Mason among them.

The Hopi speak of a 5th emergence indeed, the emergence of a new race of man.
Where is this emergence to take place?
In the 4 Corners region…the American Southwest.
Take a look at a map of that area and you will see more real estate owned by the military than any other area of the continental US.
Now did you catch the news recently that Norad had been closed?
Norad is located in Cheyenne Mountain…close to the 4 Corners area.
Norad which played a pivotal role in 911.
The city of Norad is located inside Cheyenne Mountain.
It is a small town folks, buried deep in a mountain capable of surviving what?
Certainly a nuclear attack, maybe a deluge, or how about intense cosmic radiation?
Norad we are told is no longer needed in a world today threatened by the terrorist and not ICBMs, thus the reason for the closure.

THEY say this is the reason, do you believe them, I mean THEY?
Has the American public been lied to before?
Remember what happened the last time Norads defence’s were down? (answer … 911)
Remember the lies of WMD that followed 911? (google ‘PNAC’ for the motive for the deceit)
Hopi prophecy also claims that the US is badly defeated and the only region safe is the 4 Corners Area.
Uncle Sam wants you….
But do you still trust him?

What also ties in to this thread is the heat waves we have been facing the last several years, each year is breaking the heat record, this in turn points to the theory that the wave along with the dust is causing temperatures to rise like they are doing.

Again I suggest you visit this site and learn how in waves intersect with out waves to form matter.

The authors claim to have solved many of the ‘problems’ caused by wave/particle duality.

Wave/Wave Binary Universe makes sense.

Namaste

Raphael

[edit on 30-8-2006 by Kachina]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kachina
Remember the lies of WMD that followed 911? (google ‘PNAC’ for the motive for the deceit)
Hopi prophecy also claims that the US is badly defeated and the only region safe is the 4 Corners Area.
Uncle Sam wants you….

The above has nothing to do with the thread, this is not a political forum and opinions about politics should not be discussed here, so please keep your thoughts and opinions on politics for the proper forums, thanks.

[edit on 30-8-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Uncle Sam wants you….

The above has nothing to do with the thread, this is not a political forum and opinions about politics should not be discussed here, so please keep your thoughts and opinions on politics for the proper forums, thanks.

[edit on 30-8-2006 by Muaddib]

From what you had posted Muadbib I thought you might appreciate the information.

Above Top Secret, the name itself implies politics and power structure, are you suggesting then that ATS has nothing to do with politics?
It has everything to do with politics...hate to imply this but, DUH.

I was just connecting what may appear to be unconnected dots / events, to help create the bigger picture. Here I present a trail that may or may not exist. It is up to the reader to do his own research in a minefield of misinformation.

Global Warming > Hopi Prophecy > 4 Corners > Cheyenne Mountain > Norad closure > 911 > THEY > the ONEs > the NEOs > the NeoCons > Leo Strauss > Zionism > Israel > Uncle Sam

I was implying some people, the THEY, know about 'Global Warming' and perhaps are making preparations.
While you are looking up at the stars and are indeed providing some good theoretical information as to the ‘source’ of global warming, I am suggesting those who do not need to be preached too are making the necessary plans for survival.
In response to your comment about politics I can appreciate the sensitivities that may be involved due to a collective feeling of guilt because of the WMD fiasco and the slaughtering of innocents abroad.
Sorry.

I however have a passion.
I study the esoteric, symbols, comparative myth and religion, laws of physical science.
I have found that it is very EASY to connect the Mesoamerican Medicine Wheel to the Tarot. The tarot has already been connected to the Cabalah by higher authorities than I. And the Cabalah without a doubt is essentially mystical Judaism.
Divided by the Atlantic, the questions we are left with are which ‘belief system’ came first, the Medicine Wheel or the tarot, or did they evolve separately? Or in fact, were Egypt and the Mesoamerican cultures 2 of the civilizations that arose when Atlantis went down, as some have theorized?
Evolving from a separate beginning would be difficult to accept because the sequential archetypes used in the Medicine Wheel and the tarot are too close in meaning to have evolved as distinct entities, one could argue. But the tarot is first rumored to have appeared around the 12th century, The Knights Templer Tarot being the first to appear, however no such deck exists. Truth or fiction?
Actual physical proof does not exist until the Gringonneur Tarot in 1392, well before the conquest of the New World. So how did the archetypes within the Medicine Wheel and the tarot manage to line up so well?
Before you answer that however please consider that the sequential archetypes we find in the 21 Woodcuts known as the ‘Rosarium Philosophorum’ , which is the symbolism of alchemy preserved and also the Buddhist 21 ‘Praises to Tara’ , both also worth investigation. My intuition tells me they are ALL conveying the same information through symbol, not the signs that a culture weaned on mathematics employs.
Math displaced Myth.

The information I provided is totally connected to the thread Muaddib...my approach was just from a different direction…what is the problem here...did I contradict some of your information?
I suggest I have just taken it perhaps to a more profound level of understanding.
Remember this is not a pulpit, where only one speaks and the rest worship the words uttered, it is a forum.
You see my research suggests they destroyed the Mesoamerican culture with intent because it exposed the Torah as a myth.
The scriptures were to be interpreted figuratively and not literally.

The Inca Intihuatana, that the New World Conquistadors went around destroying is the equivalent to the Mason compass and square.

[ur]http://www.sacredsites.com/americas/peru/machu_picchu.html[/url]

namaste

Raphael

[edit on 31-8-2006 by Kachina]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   

From what you had posted Muadbib I thought you might appreciate the information.

Above Top Secret, the name itself implies politics and power structure, are you suggesting then that ATS has nothing to do with politics?
It has everything to do with politics...hate to imply this but, DUH.

There are different forums with different names for a reason. This is not the "politics" forum. Some of the information you are giving has relevance, but then you are trying to tie this information with "your political opinions", which have nothing to do with this topic.

The Earth is going through a global Warming period, some people claim it is because of human activities, but this is also happening to every planet in the solar system with an atmosphere, which is a good indication that global warming on Earth is being caused by outside influences which have nothing to do with human activities on Earth, that's what this thread is about...

I was just connecting what may appear to be unconnected dots / events, to help create the bigger picture. Here I present a trail that may or may not exist. It is up to the reader to do his own research in a minefield of misinformation.

You were trying to tie in some relevant information with your political opinions, nothing more, nothing less.

In response to your comment about politics I can appreciate the sensitivities that may be involved due to a collective feeling of guilt because of the WMD fiasco and the slaughtering of innocents abroad.
Sorry.

Again, that is nothing more than your political opinions, which have nothing to do with this topic.

I however have a passion.
I study the esoteric, symbols, comparative myth and religion, laws of physical science.

and I have studied Martial Arts since i was a little boy, and our Sensei decided to teach some of his students our relationship with the Universe, how to use the Chi to achieve things which would appear impossible. I have been lucky enough to have been under the refuge of a Buddhist Lama, and i have learnt many things from him. I have had many good teachers and know things, and have been told things which if i told you you might claim I just made it up, or that I am crazy, etc, etc.. or maybe you know some of those things too.

You are not the only person in the world who has studied, or has been taught esoteric/mystical teachings, and there are people that know more than you and me put together.

Yet neither you, me, nor the Dalai Lama are better than anyone else... We are just relearning what has been known for eternity, and many people before us, and even now, know, or will know about. This same knowledge will continue to exist, since nothing in this Universe, or whatever other Universes might exist, will ever cease to exist, and other people in the future will have to re-learn what you, I, and the Dalai Lama have learnt... since thoughts are energy and energy can never be created nor destroyed, it is always there, changing and always in constant movement.

Not one person in this planet is better than anyone else. But again, you are just trying to tie in your own political views with some relevant information which you have given.

Now, can we please go back to the topic at hand? thanks.

[edit on 31-8-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Important update. Thanks.

Hopefully, everyone now knows that climate change results from multiple factors, not single ones - that warming is followed by cooling - the speed of warming and cooling results from a cascade of said factors' interactions - and wrangling to identify primary causes and effects is just a legalistically adversarial red herring.

...The real question is:

"How can we, as an "intelligent" species, plan most responsibly for the coming climate change?"

And you might remember this thread:

Ancient Interstellar Collision: May Help Explain Climate Change.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Wow, Kachina, I was really interested in what you posted and your research, esp. the blue commentary and the tie ins.

Unfortunately, your political slant on it totally turned me off and made me suspect the rest of what you posted. It is a shame to taint what is obviously good and interesting research with a shallow political jab.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

...The real question is:

"How can we, as an "intelligent" species, plan most responsibly for the coming climate change?"

Reverse the process of what got us to this juncture.
Turn off the lights at night.
Turn on the wisdom.
Tune back into the cycles of the cosmos.
Much energy will be saved.
Simple technology, simple answers for a simple future.

namaste

Raphael

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
magnetism, heat, and Age of aquarius

bling

I mean, when atoms are forced in another state, heat emisses.

look at the universe with the planets as atoms, now we go to age of aquarius, equinox thingy, change of planets according to eachother. Vibrating at a higher frequency, heat.. just a thought.

Posted a thread about nuclear bombing threatening global warming, but if all planets undergo this warming up, maybe something of the above explains it.

as I said, just a thought.

[edit on 6-9-2006 by etherical waterwave]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I've only skimmed through this forum someone may have said something similar already. The point I was going to make was that the earth undergoes something called "milankovitch cyclicity" This decribes the changes in the earths tilt, rotation and orbital path, these change over different periods of time, months to thousands of years. (en.wikipedia.org...) Obviously these cycles have an effect on our climate.

I expect other planets undergo similar cycles, perhaps these increased temperatures are a linked. Obviously records are too brief too indicate any kind of cycle. Although I'm sure scientists have calculated orbital paths etc. so perhaps this has been taken into account.

Im sure someone out their will have an idea...

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I was watching a program about weather patterns in science channel and one important thing that came to the discussion is how ice tubes colected from the Arctic shows similar weather changes as the one we are experiencing today thousands of years ago since the last ice age.

One thing to be aware is that many of the changes did happen over centuries but many happen within decades and even years.

As the ice melts in the north and south pole, drastic changes can happen even overnight.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I was watching a program about weather patterns in science channel and one important thing that came to the discussion is how ice tubes colected from the Arctic shows similar weather changes as the one we are experiencing today thousands of years ago since the last ice age.

Not entirely accurate. See for example the following, just in print today:

'Ten years to climate meltdown'

New data from a deep ice core drilled out of the Antarctic permafrost reveal a shocking rate of change in carbon dioxide concentrations.

The core, stretching through layers dating back 800,000 years, contains tiny bubbles of ancient air that can be analysed.

Scientists who studied the samples found they left no doubt as to the extent of the build-up of greenhouse gases.

For most of the past 800,000 years, carbon dioxide levels had remained at between 180 and 300 parts per million (ppm) of air. Now they are at 380ppm.

In the past, it had taken 1,000 years for carbon dioxide to rise by 30ppm during natural warming periods. According to the new measurements, the same level of increase has occurred in just the last 17 years.

More...

Too bad this thread has devolved into a whitewash of the most troubling data...

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Well loam, perhaps you should read the following. Which of course the media won't inform you about, for whatever reason they may have. Who knows maybe they just don't know.

Statement of Prof. Zbigniew Jaworowski
Chairman, Scientific Council of Central Laboratory for Radiological Protection
Warsaw, Poland

I am a Professor at the Central Laboratory for Radiological Protection (CLOR) in Warsaw, Poland, a governmental institution, involved in environmental studies. CLOR has a “Special Liaison” relationship with the US National Council on Radiological Protection and Measurements (NCRP). In the past, for about ten years, CLOR closely cooperated with the US Environmental Protection Agency, in research on the influence of industry and nuclear explosions on pollution of the global environment and population. I published about 280 scientific papers, among them about 20 on climatic problems. I am the representative of Poland in the United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation (UNSCEAR), and in 1980 – 1982 I was the chairman of this Committee.

For the past 40 years I was involved in glacier studies, using snow and ice as a matrix for reconstruction of history of man-made pollution of the global atmosphere. A part of these studies was related to the climatic issues. Ice core records of CO2 have been widely used as a proof that, due to man’s activity the current atmospheric level of CO2 is about 25% higher than in the pre-industrial period. These records became the basic input parameters in the models of the global carbon cycle and a cornerstone of the man-made climatic warming hypothesis. These records do not represent the atmospheric reality, as I will try to demonstrate in my statement.
FALSE LOW PRE-INDUSTRIAL CO2 IN THE ATMOSPHERE

Determinations of CO2 in polar ice cores are commonly used for estimations of the pre-industrial CO2 atmospheric levels. Perusal of these determinations convinced me that glaciological studies are not able to provide a reliable reconstruction of CO2 concentrations in the ancient atmosphere. This is because the ice cores do not fulfill the essential closed system criteria. One of them is a lack of liquid water in ice, which could dramatically change the chemical composition the air bubbles trapped between the ice crystals. This criterion, is not met, as even the coldest Antarctic ice (down to –73oC) contains liquid water[2]. More than 20 physico-chemical processes, mostly related to the presence of liquid water, contribute to the alteration of the original chemical composition of the air inclusions in polar ice[3].

One of these processes is formation of gas hydrates or clathrates. In the highly compressed deep ice all air bubbles disappear, as under the influence of pressure the gases change into the solid clathrates, which are tiny crystals formed by interaction of gas with water molecules. Drilling decompresses cores excavated from deep ice, and contaminates them with the drilling fluid filling the borehole. Decompression leads to dense horizontal cracking of cores, by a well known sheeting process. After decompression of the ice cores, the solid clathrates decompose into a gas form, exploding in the process as if they were microscopic grenades. In the bubble-free ice the explosions form a new gas cavities and new cracks[4]. Through these cracks, and cracks formed by sheeting, a part of gas escapes first into the drilling liquid which fills the borehole, and then at the surface to the atmospheric air. Particular gases, CO2, O2 and N2 trapped in the deep cold ice start to form clathrates, and leave the air bubbles, at different pressures and depth. At the ice temperature of –15oC dissociation pressure for N2 is about 100 bars, for O2 75 bars, and for CO2 5 bars. Formation of CO2 clathrates starts in the ice sheets at about 200 meter depth, and that of O2 and N2 at 600 to 1000 meters. This leads to depletion of CO2 in the gas trapped in the ice sheets. This is why the records of CO2 concentration in the gas inclusions from deep polar ice show the values lower than in the contemporary atmosphere, even for the epochs when the global surface temperature was higher than now.

www.warwickhughes.com...

For some reason that link which you gave does not even mention that ice core data taken from various sites in the polar region are not consistent which each other, and there is a discrepancy between the data from ice core samples, and geological climatic evidence.

Anyways, read the whole paper if you have a chance, it is quite interesting.

Here is a little bit of information on the professor.
www.blinkbits.com...

[edit on 7-9-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Oh, and before i forget Loam, you should do some research on leaf based time series, where concentration of CO2 has been found to be well above 300 ppm, and research done on leaf based time series shows a rapid increase in concentration of CO2 of 60 ppm in 40 years, which ice core based systems do not show.

Here it is.

The resulting record shows a CO2 concentration of about 270 ppmv at 11,300 yr BP, a sharp increase to about 330 ppmv at 11,260 yr BP, and (with the exception of a dip to 300 ppmv at about 11 kyr BP) a rather constant CO2 concentration at the high level of about 330 ppmv over the next 500 years.

www.sciencemag.org...

Here is another paper.

Our CO2 reconstructions reflect rapid changes with a significantly greater magnitude than the smooth and modest atmospheric CO2 decline to values ≈260 ppmv inferred from the low-resolution Taylor Dome ice-core record (Fig. 2). The data also confirm the regular occurrence of early Holocene atmospheric CO2 concentrations well above 300 ppmv, unknown from Antarctic ice cores but common in leaf-based time series (9, 14). These apparent controversies between leaf-based and ice-based CO2 data have not been resolved yet (ref. 35; see text at www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/286/5446/1815a). It should be noted that early Holocene records from Greenland ice cores have repeatedly indicated rapidly fluctuating CO2 levels including values >300 ppmv (36, 37). At present, the Antarctic record is usually considered to be reliable, so that discrepancies are ascribed to CO2 enrichment within the Greenland ice (38, 39). However, there is evidence that in polar ice also postdepositional CO2 depletion could occur, but underlying chemical processes of this potential source of error have not yet been investigated in detail (38, 39).

The documented coupling between CO2 fluctuations and the 8.2-ka-B.P. cooling implies a distinctive involvement of the oceans, where short-term perturbations of sea-surface temperature and/or salinity allow rapid CO2 transfer between the atmosphere and surface waters. Holocene cooling events are generally related to a reduction in the thermohaline circulation, resulting in sea-surface temperature lowering in large parts of the North Atlantic (3, 6). This forcing mechanism is evident particularly for the 8.2-ka-B.P. cooling event, where weakening of the thermohaline circulation was triggered by catastrophic release of Laurentide meltwater (12). By applying a freshwater perturbation over 20 years, a global atmosphere-sea-ice-ocean model simulation of the 8.2-ka-B.P. event produces a 320-year lasting weakening of the North Atlantic thermohaline circulation and 1–5°C surface cooling over the adjacent continents (40).

www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov...

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Maybe all the planets orbits are decaying. You have to take into account the sun is massive it has enough gravity to pull us toward it more. When the solar system was young and all the planets was being formed and being whipped around during their chaotic birth, that's when they was all set with orbits. So maybe the stone thrown in the lake to create a wave is finally starting to come back to center in it's cycle.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
loam,

I think Marge is referring to the same show I saw and is mainly talking about temprature flucuations more than CO2 amounts. The scientist, who was taking a 2 mile sample of ice in Greenland, seem to say that the historical record is full of not only long cycle temp shifts but also full of quick changes in the weather. Sudden temp climate changes are not uncommon with the changes sometimes taking only a decade or so, none of the previous ones were man made either. The show was on late and I was kinda tired but that was the gist of the show. Doesn't seem to have been on the Discovery channel from what I see.
Here it is on National Geographic

Recent evidence suggests we might be heading towards a Big Freeze with the power to cause a global catastrophe with mass extinctions. This new freezing climate could hit us far sooner than we think with little or no warning. The next ice-age may stillbe in the distant future but ironically could Global Warming be a possible trigger that will accelerate climate change? Naked Science examines what may cause temperatures to plummet and how abrupt climate change could spell disaster for Earth.

channel.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
pavi

I think that is the same program and the same topic, references to the ocean temperatures were also discussed and how the melting of the ice caps even if is in a small degree can cause major changes on clima.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Well loam, perhaps you should read the following.

I have...and the information Zbigniew Jaworowski asserts might have been more impressive if I had NOT done some additional research on him.

For example, did you know his CO2 theories have never been published in any scientific peer reviewed journal? But let's look where he did choose to publish his assertions....21st Century, a magazine published by Lyndon LaRouche.

That sure gives me the warm and fuzzies.

But wait, let's not stop there. According to RealClimate.Org, one of its founding members, climatologist Dr. Ray Pierrehumbert had this to say about Jaworowski:

Jaworowski knows absolutely nothing about the physics or chemistry of the preservation of the CO2 in glaciers. His arguments have no credibility whatsoever among scientists who actually know the subject. To see this, just look for Jaworowski's name in Google Scholar or Science Citation Index. You'll find some work on health effects of radiation, but you won't find any peer-reviewed work on CO2. His main claims about CO2 were published in a libertarian magazine fundeed by Lyndon Larouche, not in a scientific journal. Now, go take a look at the publications of any one of the hundreds scientists involved in recovering the Antarctic gas record. Lorius, Severinghaus, Jouzel, the scientists of the EPICA group, and many more. Case closed.

Source.

And just so you don't think I'm picking my science critics out of a bucket, here's what is said about RealClimate.Org:

RealClimate is a commentary site (blog) on climatology by a group of climate scientists for the interested public and journalists. It aims to provide a quick response to developing stories and provide the context sometimes missing in mainstream commentary. The discussion is intended to be restricted to scientific topics and to avoid political or economic implications of the science...

The creation of RealClimate was noticed by both the prestigious academic journals Science and Nature.

In 2005, the editors of Scientific American recognized RealClimate with a Science and Technology Web Award, writing:

A refreshing antidote to the political and economic slants that commonly color and distort news coverage of topics like the greenhouse effect, air quality, natural disasters and global warming, Real Climate is a focused, objective blog written by scientists for a brainy community that likes its climate commentary served hot. Always precise and timely, the site's resident meteorologists, geoscientists and oceanographers sound off on all news climatological, from tropical glacial retreat to "doubts about the advent of spring."

In 2006, Nature compiled a list of the 50 most popular blogs written by scientists, as measured by Technorati. RealClimate was number 3 on that list.

Source.

If you're really interested in honestly assessing Jaworowski's assertions, then it is incumbent on you to also read this blow-by-blow critique of the very paper you cited:

...the Golden Horseshoe Award is a celebration of just how mind-bogglingly wrong, from beginning to end, it manages to be.

Jaworowski makes several specific assertions that the methodology used in atmospheric measurements from ice cores is flawed. Each and every one of these assertions is mistaken.

He makes sweeping accusations of data manipulation by climate researchers. Those accusations are unsupported by any evidence, direct or indirect.

More...

The Golden Horseshoe Award: Jaworowski and the vast CO2 conspiracy.

I suggest you read the entire response...

[edit on 7-9-2006 by loam]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
pavil & marg6043

After rereading my initial post in response to marg6043, I realized that you might have thought my last comment directed at her. It was not. I intended it generally with regard to this thread. I just wanted to be clear about that.

In any event, if you'd like to read more on the latest with regard to ice core sampling, read this EXCELLENT article on the subject. It's long, but well worth the read... Scary stuff too.

Rapid Climate Change

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Loam, he is a scientist and has been a scientific advisor for the UN, scientists not always agree with each other, and there were other links which I gave and corroborate what he has to say. There is a discrepancy between the data given from ice core base time systems and leaf base time systems, and the ice core base time systems have had discrepancies with the geological climatic evidence. Not even those scientists who claim human activity is the main cause for global warming will deny this.

BTW, now that you bring up that according to some scientists in the past 800,000 years that there have been no CO2 readings like today, and knowing that in those 800,000 years we have had "several warming and cooling events some of which have been worse than the one we are currently going through"...what do you think that says about the effects that CO2 have on global warming?.....

It pretty much proves that CO2 does not affect climate as much as we are led to believe by some scientists, that's what it proves.

One more thing, do you think that 370-380 ppmv is the maximum amount of CO2 that has been found on the history of Earth?.... Actually the average would be from 1,000 ppmv to over 2,000 ppmv.

300-million-year Record of CO2 Levels; Uncertainties in Climate Science

Cooler Heads Coalition
June 27, 2001

300-million-year Record of CO2 Levels

There has been a lot of hand wringing over increasing atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide. The increase is relatively small when compared to historic levels. Preindustrial concentrations were about 280 parts per million. Currently concentrations are about 370 ppm. A study in the May 17 issue of Nature shows that CO2 levels were much higher in the past.

The study’s authors constructed a 300-million-year record of CO2 concentrations using "stomatal abundance from fossil leaves of four genera of plants that are closely related to the present-day Gingko tree." Two periods of low (meaning less than 1,000 ppm) CO2 concentrations were discovered, which corresponded to two known ice ages. During most of the Mesozoic era (the period from 65 to 259 million years ago), CO2 levels were between 1,000 and 2,000 ppm, with occasional peaks that reached levels higher than 2,000 ppm.

Results from the middle Miocene, a warm period about 10 million years ago, failed to show high CO2 levels. The researchers suggest that the warming may have occurred due to "episodic methane outbursts."

www.globalwarming.org...

The Earth goes through different periods of warming and cooling, somtimes they are rapid and worse, sometimes they take a long time and are mild in comparison to what has happened to the Earth in ancient times.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join