It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLL: Best alien and UFO film ever made

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
UFO film poll

I would like you to go vote and come back and let me know how you voted and why.
There are 2 choices not listed on the poll. If you wish to vote for these please post the answer in here and let us know why.
The other 2 choices are: The Arrival, and Contact.
Thanks

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I just love Fire in the Sky and how it gave me nightmares till this day.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timeseer
I just love Fire in the Sky and how it gave me nightmares till this day.

I as well liked Fire in the Sky, but my vote went to ID4. Mainy in part because the events leading up to the attack was gripping, and once they began attacking the movie became a nonstop thrill ride. I also liked the speech made at the end by Bill Pullman. Overall I gave this 5 out of 5, and it has remained my favorite movie since seeing it in theatres.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I loved Independance Day and War Of The Worlds, but I voted for Fire in the Sky.

I haven't seen Arrival and I didn't like Contact

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Close Encounters of the Third Kind, it was great seeing Richard Dreyfuss go crazy... This show has everything from abductions to government cover ups.....After watching the show, it will get you into sculpting Devil's Tower with your mash potatoes.

[edit on 16-8-2006 by XPhiles]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I also liked Close Encounters, and Fire in the Sky gave me nightmares to
I liked Communion to and The Arrival (u gotta luve Sheen)!

Peace Sells but who´s buying??

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
War of the Worlds!, Tripod noise was so good(Cruise one),but the book and the orginal movie are better...and what about The Thing there is a UFO in that move

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
*cough* BTS *cough*

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Close Encounters

If only contact with us earth people was to be like this.

Hell those aliens have some serious under chassis lighting on their vehicles reminds of the local boy racers.

If we were to be visited by Aliens i would like it to be like Close Encounters and the part at the end where all the people leave the craft is excellent

Toc

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Contact is my favorite
Cause it depicted the true reality of how human behaves facing the unknown, total denial, even if 18 hours of tape was recorded, and the guy knew it and still kept at it.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Independince Day, that was amazing 9/10 it was funny and had action aswell as playing with your emotions at the end when the president in the movie has a kick-ass speech, WoW was really gd also. PS when was fire in the Sky made ive never heard of it?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The correct answer is "V"

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Strange poll -- they missed "Contact" "Signs," and "The Arrival," but included "2001," which is a great film, but not about UFOs or an alien incursion. :shk:

Personally, I'm conflicted over my choice. My heart votes for "Independence Day" but my brain goes for "Contact." ID4 doesn't get a lot of respect; it's a sci-fi (as opposed to science fiction) action film, with a kind-of silly climax. Nevertheless, it's a huge amount of fun, and is actually quite gripping from the beginning up through the invasion sequences. "Contact" seems almost forgotten-about these days, but I've always enjoyed it for its serious science fiction attitude and aesthetically pleasing SFX photography.

It depends on how you define this type of film: strictly speaking, I'd say a "UFO Film" would be about an alien incursion, rather than an overt visitation or invasion. Typically, the protagonist of the story would be disbelieved/mocked/thought-to-be-crazy by the authorities, his friends, etc. while he desperately sought to prove his story and/or come to terms with his experience. "Fire in the Sky" and "The Arrival" are the best example that come immediately to my mind, as well as a lot of the mythology of "The X-Files" TV show and movie. I wish there were more of them -- I dig this kind of stuff!

Baack

[edit on 8/16/06 by Baack]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Signs was intense....The only prob, I didn't like the size of the aliens, too tall, to my standards.....

Independence Day is my vote, They Came, They saw, They got the Shat kicked out of them, GO WILL SMITH!
Plus Will Smith Character was awesome, Straight up " Whoop ET's Arse! "

top topics

join