It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would the Jews be Gods chosen people when.......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Over the past month i have seen the term "the Jews are Gods chosen people" stated on ATS and it got me thinking (for the record im atheist)..................

1. How can Jesus be the king of Jews when the Jewish faith does not EVEN accept Jesus as the Messiah ?. You think the Jews would celebrate there king AKA christmas and easter ?

2. Why would God select out of everyone to be his "chosen poeple" the only poeple that deny's his only son ?

3. Last of why would God choose the Jews after they set his son up to be crucified ?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
Over the past month i have seen the term "the Jews are Gods chosen people" stated on ATS and it got me thinking (for the record im atheist)..................

1. How can Jesus be the king of Jews when the Jewish faith does not EVEN accept Jesus as the Messiah ?. You think the Jews would celebrate there king AKA christmas and easter ?

2. Why would God select out of everyone to be his "chosen poeple" the only poeple that deny's his only son ?

3. Last of why would God choose the Jews after they set his son up to be crucified ?

Jesus Christ was king of the Jews but was rejected and by doing so he was accepted by gentiles who are saved because he was rejected by the jews.

for your second question... God chose the Israelis before they rejected his son...and I know...wouldnt God know that would happen? if you ask me I think he perceives time differently.

your third question, it was Jesus Christ's destiny to die on the cross for the sins of mankind. It didnt have to be the jews who did it. It was simply meant to be.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Hi,

In the New Testament, God redefines who are the Jews that He is talking about.
Romans Chapter 2 specifically says that the Jew it is talking about is not one outwardly through circumcision, but is one inwardly in the circumcision of the heart.
Later, in the Epistles, the Apostle Paul talks about the Israel of God which is a spiritual Israel. Hebrews 12:22 talks about Zion as a city that cannot be touched with hands. He is not talking about present day Jerusalem here. The covenant with the physical Jews ended in 70AD (the end of that age) and they were broken off (Romans 11). God had planned that the second wife/bride, the church all around the world, would be the favored one (see book of Esther, Leah vs. Rachel, Manesseh vs. Ephraim). The symbolism in the old Testament is clear that this would happen and was planned. 2 Thes 5:16 says that "we know no man after the flesh" and another verse talks about the flesh profiting nothing. So, it is a major mistake to believe that the person of any country, any physical race at all, has any particular favor with God. 1 Cor 10:11 talks about how God allowed and planned those things that happened to the physical Jews for our (Spiritual Jews) admonition upon whom the ends of the ages are come. God only cares about those who believe Him and obey Him, period. When He says that "all Israel will be saved" most never make the translation to the New Testament dictionary when God redefine His terms.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I thought the Jews that accepted him became Christians, and no longer jews?

I dunno, it doesnt matter, we're all gonnadie in 2012.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Thanks guys for clearing that up for me, guess i have some bible studies to catch up on

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

I hope this is not because John Titor said so ?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
I thought the Jews that accepted him became Christians, and no longer jews?

I am not sure where you heard that. The point of Jesus message about them being one flock with one shepherd is that Jesus will lead Spiritual Israel. The fact that Jews became believers means that they become spiritual Israel, the one flock from all nations (Ephraim means "the fullness of nations", the second son, the physical gentiles and more favored than Manessah which means "to make to forget my Father's house", the first son, physical Israel). For the physical Jews who became believers, the New Testament is clear that it no longer matters whether they are physical Jews or not. They did not cease being physical Jews, but it no longer matters in the flesh.

On the spiritual side, those in Apostate Judaism (the religion) came out of that to become believers in Jesus. The Apostle Paul referred to Judaism of the day as His spiritual womb, but was seperated from that when He come into the light of Christ. So, the no longer Jews part only refers to coming out of Judaism. So one has to consider the race of the Jewish people and the religion of Judaism to properly treat an answer to your question.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
According to every faith, its followers are God's chosen people. Its gonna be interesting to see what happens (if anything) in 2012, armageddon or Rapture, and who will finally be proven to be God's chosen. Woudn't it be funny if it was us atheists, eh?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   

First, it was the Romans. That was their method of execution. Second, if Jesus were to be seen by them during the time of the Resurrection as He had promised, they may believe.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Why would the Jews be Gods chosen people

To understand these words you most understand also the history of the Israeli people from the beginning of his founder Abraham and his relations with his Gods.

The old testament that is also part of the historical accounts of the descendants of Abraham tells pretty much how the Israelis were chosen. (Genesis 12:2).

The God of Abraham that was the war God make a convenat with him and promised them to make them into a great nation .

This convenat was to be passed through the generations of Abraham children that’s when the name Children of Israel came to be. (Genesis 32:28)

Because they were chosen by the God of Abraham the people of Israel were special and part of a bigger plan by the God that choose them.

That is why they were called the Chosen People. (Deuteronomy 7:6-8)

Supposedly the God of Abraham loved this people so much that his plan was to use Israel to bless everyone.

Kind of funny how the blessing has gone through the years when it comes to other nations around them.

[edit on 16-8-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   

1. How can Jesus be the king of Jews when the Jewish faith does not EVEN accept Jesus as the Messiah ?

Because they were supernaturally blinded in part, so that Jesus could fulfill the death(by their hand), burial and resurrection, proceeded by ascending to heaven. He had to go in order for the spirit of God (the Holy Spirit) to indwell his saints (the body of Christ) and work through them. We are his hands and feet.

Jehovah (God of Abraham, and Isaac and Jacob) makes it clear that the Israelites are a stiff-necked(stubborn) and rebellious people throughout the old testament. However, when God speaks a word, it is truth, so it has to come to pass and has to stand forever. The Jews are chosen not by their beliefs, but because of the beliefs/works of their fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

See above. If the Jews were not blinded in part. We wouldn't have salvation through Jesus Christ's fulfillment of the law through his shed blood on the cross. That is why we as Christians must honor the Jewish people both believing and unbelieving.

When a Christian hates a Jew for the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. He is hating his very means of eternal salvation. Romans chapter 11 makes that crystal clear. If we're guilty of cursing the fallen branches of the olive tree on Judgment Day, we just might get broken off as well. The fallen branches are precious (or should be to an understanding Christian) because we (should) know that if they didn't fall off. We wouldn't have a place on the tree to be grafted on.

The Jews won't be blind forever. When the fulness of the gentiles(Romans 11:25) known as the church age is fulfilled, after the body of Christ is removed from the earth (Rapture). Their eyes will be opened by God and they will gradually start working their way back to him (rebuilding Solomon's Temple) and also have two witnesses sent by God preaching the gospel throughout Jerusalem to them. If I were here during this time, these are two folks I'd move to Jerusalem for, in order to meet in person. Anyone who tries to harm them will be consumed by fire from out of their mouths. That's just somethin ya don't see every day.

Hope that helped a little.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   

1. How can Jesus be the king of Jews when the Jewish faith does not EVEN accept Jesus as the Messiah ?.

That was what he was billed as.

The chosen people bit started with the jews, before jesus existed. Christians that consider the jews, even though they deny christ, to be 'chosen' are largely biblical literalists. The bible says they're chosen, therefore, they are. Reason be damned (literally)

Jesus's first followers were jews, and there were a lot of people involved in the execution of christ.
Why would god hold an entire people responsible for the actions of one generation? (of course, that rejects the logic of original sin, but, again, reason by damned, we're talking scripture here!)

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   
do your homework and you will surely find out that 90% Plus of the so-called jews [isn't jew a new word of the last 300+ years] aren't the seed of daddy Abraham that 'they' claim to be !

Lolove n Mazel...Ave Maria ! daughter-of-David ! Infinity

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Why would an athiest worry about GOD's chosen people if he does not even believe in GOD?

Looks like you don't even have to believe to hate.

LOVE ONE ANOTHER AND JUDGE NOT LEST YOU BE JUDGED AND BE CAREFUL WHO YOU THROW STONES AT.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
It really doesn't matter if a person is lineally descended from this mythic 'abraham' guy. Certianly, when the nazis were exterminating the jews, they didn't give a pass to the ones that weren't ethnic semites.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
You could argue scripture until your blue in the face but nothing else matters until people can accept the basic principle of "do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

There is neither Jew nor Gentile. I'm paraphrasing what was said long ago and if those people calling themselves "chosen" would understand these simple teachings, there would be less conflict and suffering in the world.

Anyone who calls themselves the "chosen race" is a rascist.
Anyone who calls themselves the "chosen religion" is a demagogue.
Anyone who calls a land (ex. ISRAEL) "chosen by God for a particular race" is a rascist-demagogue.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
the 'fuhrer' used that 'con-line' in Germany and of course we still don't know the true history of what really went on... and that was only sixty or seventy years ago !

What 'madness' it is to live and order ones life by a 'book' that was said to be written thousands of years ago and believe it to be the 'word'.....

The Real Word is in us all... get in touch with yourself... is the goal !

Lolove n luck n good passion/emotions/humor/health/etc... Ave Maria ! the Matrix !

[edit: PS Helium, you might find these two Links handy ] lol

www.biblebelievers.org.au...

www.biblestudysite.com...

[edit on 30-8-2006 by georgejohn]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
LOL because God chose the Jew, who are we to question what God wants. Remember Jesus was born a Jew.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
your homework, you will find out that the 'word jew' wasn't invented yet !
www.biblestudysite.com...

Jesus wasn't a 'jew' in the way the 'word jew' is used today ! And was against the Pharisee/Rabbi/Religion/Control/System of His time !

Many are called, few are 'chosen' ! Infinity

LOL

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Its gonna be interesting to see what happens (if anything) in 2012, armageddon or Rapture,

First off....nothing is going to happen in 2012...that is pure bunk.

Second....THERE ARE NO CHOSEN PEOPLE. All 6+ Billion of us are God's people...and He DOES NOT prefer one group over another. It's ridiculous. When are you all going to figure out that we are all human beings and NO ONE is better than anyone else....including in the eyes of God!

I am so sick of "We are the chosen people" and "We are going to be saved"....blah blah blah......God doesn't work that way!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join