It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do boys really have it easy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
In the realm of Gender Social Issues, I will try to address who in life has life easier in living it, is it the Girls or the Boys. This is generalized overview and looking upon boys as men and girls as women.

Boys do have it easier...

When thinking about who has life easier or harder it could be narrowed down to girls and boys. First, boys obviously have it easier than girls. Girls have had it harder since the beginning. They have always just had it more difficult; in the morning, at night, and during the day. With guys, they have it pretty easy compared to the girls, but guys do not have bliss all the time, neither do the girls. Each day for the guys overall will be better and less stressful and not as hard as the girls day. The guys usually have more fun and rarely have to deal with the wrong attention from the girls checking the guys out.

Girls have to wake up so early in the mornings. They have to get ready and look good. For the guys, they just wake up and throw on some clothes and go to school. When guys wake up it is pretty much whatever happens happen, getting food is a must, other than that taking a shower and throwing on some clothes is about it. With the girls well they sometimes will have an entire routine they have planned for every morning. There lives are harder because they have so much to take care or well too much they care about. With the guys mornings are not long for them, so then they sometimes will get to sleep in longer. With girls waking up early is pretty common for them, like waking up around 6:00 or 6:30am. The girls have so much to do, if it’s a shower than blow-drying their hair or having to make their hair up and put their daily masks of perfection on, which takes a long time.

Then the beautiful day is on, guys and girls going to school or work, wherever it might be the day has begun. For the guys it is just another day unless its game day than the guys are usually excited, but there can be bad days for the guys if they lost a game or if there was a breakup. With the girls each day is new and each day is another battle either with other girls or guys or who has the best clothes or most money its always on. Most girls get attention from the guys and some girl just go to school all primped to see how much attention they can get. For others it might be to compete for a guy or just be a girl in their girl clicks. Each girl has their days but mostly its not always flowers and candy; girls are very emotional and can easily be upset. For a guy it is usually not so bad for him, he is usually tough and has better things to worry about. Being a girl is the day would be hard because of all the stress of being accepted or being popular and just trying to get by hiding their tears which they can not let out.

When the evening and night come around a whole new story begins for both the girls and the guys. The can both have sport practices or even games, some have dates and some have parties. It all boils down to again the girls are going to have a much harder, more stressful night. If its from dating to looking great for the guy to being at a slumber party and staying up late all night the girls are going to have it hard. For guys it is just another night, if they go on a date they usually don’t care how pretty they look and if it’s a party it is going to be fun. With the guys on a regular night he sometimes will find himself in bed early and getting some good sleep. With a girls rare regular night she will go home, usually do homework sometimes stay on the phone with her girlfriends for a pretty long time, take a shower and go to bed, by then its very late and the girl again has to wake up early and do it all over again.

Between the girls and the guys life will vary, but for the most part girls will usually have it more difficult than the guys. The girls have so much to live for, and have so much to worry bout every morning with how they look to how much they weigh. With guys its just life and it has to be done. Girls during day have stressful lives with fighting or attention or just plain emotions. Guys usually never worry and just hang loose. And then to the night time, for some girls it is just like another routine and it takes a long time. Guys survive the night without the stress of talking on the phone or figuring out what they look better in. Guys just have life and each day of their life easier than a girls, guys have less worries therefore they have more fun.

[edit on 15-8-2006 by ragster]

[edit on 15-8-2006 by ragster]

[edit on 16-8-2006 by ragster]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
And then the boys spend a lot of money dating girls trying to woo them while the girls can pick and choose the winners. The guys get used to rejection while the girls especially the pretty ones can pick and choose. Then the guy marries the girl and spend most if not a major chunk of his money on the wedding. Then he has to listen to the girl and do her bidding or he won't get want he wants from her.

The guy gets up early goes to work all day, then comes home to the wife who has been taking it easy because she doesn't want to work. Then she wants to go out to eat etc. even though the guy is tired. Then the guy has to do some other work around the house because things fall apart,need cleaning, etc. The guy gets yelled at or nagged if he hasn't done this or that. The guy gets told something like "oh, I need some more money, I had to get (something repaired/ doctor visit, or something else)." Then the guy gets to bed very late losing sleep and then has to get up early to drive a long commute in the morning and start all over again.

This isn't my situation but I know someone who has it like this (actually worse). I guess this isn't promoting marriage. However I am providing a different viewpoint to the question asked.

[edit on 15-8-2006 by orionthehunter]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Most males in our society are concerned about their appearance.
Most males are worried about how to impress the person that they desire.
Most males have pressure on them to succeed in a very competetive world.
Most males are driven by sexual desires that consume their thoughts, even while asleep, and that gets guys in trouble a whole lot.

Most males that just don't care about their appearance and demeanor just don't have stable relationships.
And without a partner, life just sucks...............

Sure the ladies have the choice of cosmetics that most men don't use, and they have their "aunt flow" visit them once a month. They have concerns that men don't even need to think about, but still, I think their lives are just as fulfilling as ours in almost every respect.

(P.S.--- Being able to unzip and pull out a penis to urinate anywhere is the biggest advantage to being male......)

[edit on 15/8/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   
It's up to the individual person.

As a female, I say I've got it easy. I'm the overall dominant partner in my relationship, as I am his "motivator and instigator" but he's willing to support the both of us, if I'm willing to sit on my butt.
I'm not willing to, yet.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This is a tough topic to tackle. I'd say that girls have it easier in that the education system is geared towards them today. It's clear that girls do better in school, and I'm not willing to buy that they are naturally smarter then guys, I believe intelligence is equal between the gender. Therefore, there has to be something to explain why girls do better in the classroom.

Also, as jlc163 is, looking around at relationships, I would say that more often than not, the female is the dominant partner nowadays. I could certainly be wrong in that though, as I have nothing to really back it up.

Those are my thoughts for now...what do you all think?

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Schools have been restructured over the last 35 years or so to accommodate feminine learning styles and now someone is waking up and realizing that boys have been short changed and worse, given a diagnosis and drugged. Now, educators want to "turn back the clock" and set up gender specific classrooms. Oh, the horror!

The fact is that girls have always out performed boys academically until somewhere around puberty when the boys catch up. That much has not changed. Why there is a sudden move to re-segregate classrooms is the real mystery and you're not going to hear about it in the media.

[edit on 2006/8/25 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I would say yes to this question for males, not necessarily "boys". There are many benefits I see with being a male, but with debate many could counter these.

Menstration and Birth

Neither seem appealing to me, but ask a mother about the miracle of birth and the connection of carrying a child through term and you may hear something completely different. I however would not like to have that responsibility. menstration seems an absolute nightmare to me. Cramps, bleeding, maintenance, emotional roller coasters, and the like do not seem appealing in the least bit.

Corporate World and Politics

Seems as though women in most countries get the short end of the stick when applying for jobs, moving up the corporate ladder, and on pay scales. This happens in every country. There are always exceptions, but the majority of positions and notoriety goes to men. I think this is ridiculous, things should be equal. As a whole, women in many countries are abused and are looked at as nothing but baby making subservient machines. This needs to stop, but thats my opinion and that isn't worth a lick in the grand scheme of things.

There are other small benefits that could be argued as well, the ability to pee standing up versus the ability to get a drink for free any time, the strength and physical power of a man versus the ability to have sex with a man at the snap of your fingers. I'm joking about these of course, but the truth is you can find reasons to balance the sexes out. A long life in good health seems to be another benefit of women. The truth is, men and women need each other for balance.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I do not believe that Girls have it easier than boys.

As a women I am very satisfy with my gender role, never had any complains.

Society has always dictate who is who and who does what on gender differences.

The male have it harder. . . they are seen as the dominated of the gender and expected to fill the role of leader when it comes to girls.

We are after all a male dominated society.

top topics

join