It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

being Apart from God in the times of fear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Why is it so demanding that being apart from God that all humans are doomed?
From personal experience I see my life as so long lived but not merely finished. My why is that in life we all come to the point where something grabs our attention either if it is bad or good we all eventually come upon our turning point. For some it might have been so long ago or just recently, my why is not just a question but a reason for the reason. Is it that all humans are deprived and can not succeed without some sort of faith some sort of motivation to succeed, either from a turning or a fear that they might have one but one that they will not like at all. I feel that some people fear a religion because of rules or some chance it frankly is not possible. I met someone that could care less for a religion or a faith in that matter, but I asked him what is it then that motivates you? Silence lingered and no answer was established. This confuses me and more than that it loses others to possible truth.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragster
I met someone that could care less for a religion or a faith in that matter, but I asked him what is it then that motivates you? Silence lingered and no answer was established. This confuses me and more than that it loses others to possible truth.

Well, this is not uncommon, the vast magority of humanity sees no need for a AUTHORITY FIGURE, thus the increase in depravity, morals, shame, ect. this, I am God attitude is known by many names, humanism being one. (just my opinion)

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ragster
From personal experience I see my life as so long lived but not merely finished. My why is that in life we all come to the point where something grabs our attention either if it is bad or good we all eventually come upon our turning point. ..... . Is it that all humans are deprived and can not succeed without some sort of faith some sort of motivation to succeed, either from a turning or a fear that they might have one but one that they will not like at all. .... .. ...This confuses me and more than that it loses others to possible truth.

Wow, nice post and pertinent questions that go to the core of spirituality in respects to religion. Not religion in the singular sense, but religion in the plural sense.

Remember the "WWJD?". Disregard it for a moment. I would like to introduce a new anagram for moral judgement of one's self.

"WWGS?" What Would GOD Say?

Now to address the two statements that stood out to me from your original intro post:

Why would being apart from God mean that humans are doomed?

What is it that humans want?

I think the answer to that question is to belong, and not be alone. What offers us what it is we are seeking? What options do we have to meet our goal of belonging and not being alone, and why would being apart from GOD create a scenario where we are doomed to fail to this sense of belonging and not being alone?

Well, WWGS?

here is what i think GOD would say:
"It is not, nor ever has been my intention to make you an extension of my will, however it is in my very nature to reside everywhere, in all places, or i am not GOD. So when you attempt to make another the extension of your will, you attempt to make GOD an extension of your will. i only wish you to know yourself, and thus know me. It is by my very nature, and my very definition, to reside in all places, everywhere, and thus i must reside in all places, everywhere, or i am not GOD. I know all things about all things, for i am there. However when it comes to knowing me, you are my mirror. I can look into my eyes when you look into the eyes of another, yes i am there. Yes, i am there. Thus, i reside. I reside within, and i am within what i am. i am the word. i am the word.
Belonging to truth lies within your own truth. How can you seperate your truth from the original truth? You would have to fractionalize your own mind, and have your conscious state of mind residing in a place away from your original truth. You would have to run from yourself, your own truth. Are you aware of all your thoughts this day? What prevents you from coming to me? I have always been here for you, always within. Conquer the boundries within your mind, and you will find all you have sought."

Is it that all humans are deprived and can not succeed without some sort of faith some sort of motivation to succeed, either from a turning or a fear that they might have one but one that they will not like at all.

WWGS?:
"Why would i empower fear to be your motivation to succeed in finding what it is you seek? Fear is the root of all that deprives. When you hate, can that hate be justified without being afraid that the one you hate has the potential to deminish that which you love? Does fearing me lead you to love me, or give you a sense of submission? Can FEAR serve as the catalyst to finding GOD, or even what it is you are looking for? What you are looking for, and GOD, are one in the same, regardless. Do you know what it is you seek?"

That is what i think God would say. My opinion? I'm just a dumbass, what would i know.

[edit on 1-9-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

join