It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who goes to Higher Heaven, Catholics or Protestants?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Catholics sacrifice earthly success for Heavenly Success, while Protestants want earthly success and Heavenly Success? My 40 years of Life has taught me this to be generally true. What do you think?

I was raised a Catholic and it is still my favorite religion. I would sacrifice everything on earth for Heavenly Success.

Anytime I do something that would probably be considered earthly successful, it causes guilt of mild to severe pain. I was nominated for Who's Who in America in year 2005 (fewer than 4 out of 10,000 people are nominated each year). I turned it down for my Spiritual and Religious beliefs. I believe everybody is equally talented and can attain ANYTHING what anybody else has ever done.

My point is to always concentrate on Eternal Views so that we can all, Catholics, Protestants, and those of other religions, can attain Heavenly Bliss.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Who goes to Higher Heaven, Catholics or Protestants?

I had no idea that there are different levels of Heaven, and I'm curious as to where you got that idea ?

Though this is coming from a sceptic, I would be interested in understanding your belief that some Christians would be given a better place in the afterlife than those of a different sect of the same religion.

Being agnostic, I try to keep my options open.

This Muslim thing about 72 virgins is starting to look good, but personally I'd rather re-incarnate and just continue with my existance within the plane of reality after each cycle of my lifetime expires.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
One bit of evidence of there being different levels of Heaven is the Celestial Hierarchy, constitutng angels that have different levels of power and influence. From highest to lowest, there are the Seraphim, Cherubim, Thrones, Dominions, Virtues, Powers, Principalities, Archangels, and Angels.

No matter what position we occupy in the Afterlife (and this probably could change at any moment), I imagine our pleasure/pain ratio will be the same because God created us all and He is Perfectly Just.

Catholics just seem to me to be more humble about earthly success than Protestants, especially in America.

God Bless Catholics, Protestants, and all Great Religions of the World!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
One bit of evidence of there being different levels of Heaven is the Celestial Hierarchy, constitutng angels that have different levels of power and influence. From highest to lowest, there are the Seraphim, Cherubim, Thrones, Dominions, Virtues, Powers, Principalities, Archangels, and Angels.

No matter what position we occupy in the Afterlife (and this probably could change at any moment), I imagine our pleasure/pain ratio will be the same because God created us all and He is Perfectly Just.

Catholics just seem to me to be more humble about earthly success than Protestants, especially in America.

God Bless Catholics, Protestants, and all Great Religions of the World!!!

I've never really thought of the Pope, Vatican, Cardinals, with all their wealth and power as being particularly humble. On the other hand I imagine they're as humble as the protestant mega churches in America.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toromos

I've never really thought of the Pope, Vatican, Cardinals, with all their wealth and power as being particularly humble. On the other hand I imagine they're as humble as the protestant mega churches in America.

Apropos reply, Toromos. Frequently, I focus on the Catholic Church in America and I get dismayed by the numbers (for example, only one Catholic Presidency in the History of the USA, although Ronald Reagan might have been a strong supporter of all Christian Churches), but it turns out to be a Blessing as God has taught me to be humble, a capital virtue.

What is the mega of the mega Protestant Churches in America?

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   
That depends on what type of person you are. Not what religion you are associated with.That is if you believe theres certain levels of heaven. I dont, you either go or you don't.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Whether you believe in the Celestial Hierarchy or not, I have a hard time thinking that there isn't a hierarchical structure in Heaven, given that God is always Top on Heaven and Earth. If life on Earth is an indicator, I think that a hierarchy exists, but it is only conscious to us intermittently. This intermittent consciousness might occur in Heaven also, but one thing we always have to admit is that God is always Infinitely Supreme.

new topics

top topics

join