It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel threatens to resume war if Hizbullah refuses to disarm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
www.jpost.com.../JPArticle/ShowFull

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page): MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

[edit on 15/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Maybe this statement came for differents reasons...
- Olmert will fall if he don't win this war, that's why he want to give reason to start it again, to not lose his place.
- Because Syria moved troops along the borders so Israël want to have a pretext to attack Syria and Iran because it failed in the war against Hezbollah...

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Sorry about that Mod. I knew the message was going to be short but i didnt know what to do. Next time i will at least post the first paragraph or something.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I knew this would happen.

Who honestly thought the Hezbollah terrorist would disarm??

Lebanese Army has officially refused to disarm Hezbollah terrorist (announced on CNN and Headline news)-COWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!

THE LEBANESE army IS SOO COWARDLY, THEY ARE NOT EVEN LEAVING THEIR BARRAKS-useless cowards.

Well, as I have always said, it is always up to Israel to cull the terrorist animals.

It is a real shame that the terrorist will cause more of Lebanon to be destroyed- they know that and don't care-as long as they get to kill and murder.

[edit on 8/16/2006 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
"Lebanon skirts issue of Hezbollah's arms"
Lebanon Refuses to bide by Cease Fire Agreement

"But the Cabinet apparently skirted the issue of disarming Hezbollah, a key requirement of the cease-fire that has ended fighting between Israel and the guerrillas."

They would/did not do it 8 years ago, who was foolish enough to think they would this time??????

I am personally waiting to hear next, that the Lebanese army will not remove the hezbolla terrorits from within 20 miles of Israel, as they agreed to in the ceasefire.

So, as I knerw/feared, lebonon and Hezbolla terrorits will not follow the ceasefire agreement.
But you can be darn sure, if Israel follows the lebanese example, the ME will be all over them-but noone is showing that lebanon is NOT following the ceasefire agreement

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
While I do not think Hezbollah a terrorist group alike other terrorist groups, they try and opperate as a state in state.. I cannot see why the government would pass up a chance to stand beside the world and disarm these guys....!

It isn't that they are terrorist, its that Lebanon would be a more peacful place and the gov would have more power and better standing with the west, why the hell pass that up!

Something just doesnt seem right.. is Israel using this to justify more attacks? What is left to attack!? The whole country is torn to shreds.. I smell a plan being formulated and the result will be wide spread war.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hezbollah are crazy if they disarm after all they have seen that Israel will slaughter 100's innocent women and children to kill a hand full of Hezbollah freedom fighters.

Can anyone spell Israel with a D for DOUBLE STANDARDS ?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
What double standards?

I think its only fair Lebanon does what it says it would do. It has payed a high price for not doing what it should have years ago and if they make the same mistake again and let this millitant group keep (and rebuild) their arms then they deserve a good SPANKING!!

Stupid Lebanese Government. I tell you one thing. It may have looked as though Israel lost but it didnt. It sought to stop the rocket attacks, which it has acheived. It wanted to get Hezbollah out of the south. Done that. Get a peace keeping force to protect them. Did that too. Hezbollah can claim victory if they want but in the end Israel got what it wanted. And if Hezbollah dont disarm. SPANK SPANK!

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Like the U.S. government, I also view Hezbollah as a terrorist organization and so it would have been predictable that they would not disarm even if it would come as a benefit for the civilian population on both sides. Proves to me that Hezbollah really doesn't care and has their own fanatical agenda in mind.

[edit on 16-8-2006 by laiguana]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Yes they should disarm especially after today seeing a Lebanese army General sitting and laughing over a cup of tea with the same Israeli officer who took over their base.
Sure they will.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Yep...that Lebonese General is the same one that was said to have told Ishrael a while back that they had control over their own country. I hope it was strong tea.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
It would be a shame to see the U.N. resolution ignored, or even worse flouted by Hezbollah and the cease-fire degenerate back into active combat. Civilians have started returning to their homes and many would get caught up in the renewed fighting--only this time I fear the Lebanese army would also be targeted and quite likely Syrian troops near the border area as well. The entire country would take a pounding until Israel was satisfied Hezbollah was tootlhess, or destroyed.

If the U.S. starts massivly reinforcing troops on Syria's western flank you can pretty well bet that Israel will hit Syria in some way. Let's just hope the situation is not as dire as it currently seems to be.

[edit on 17-8-2006 by Astronomer70]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astronomer70
It would be a shame to see the U.N. resolution ignored, or even worse flouted by Hezbollah and the cease-fire degenerate back into active combat.

People worry about Lebanon, but part of that resolution includes Israel respecting Lebanese airspace and territorial waters, something they seemed to have quite a problem controlling themselves with for over 6 years. The temptation for them to play with their UAV's, F-16's, and shiny new Dolphin class nuke capable subs was just too much for them to resist. Lets see how soon it is before they wanna open the toy chest again.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
People worry about Lebanon, but part of that resolution includes Israel respecting Lebanese airspace and territorial waters, something they seemed to have quite a problem controlling themselves with for over 6 years. The temptation for them to play with their UAV's, F-16's, and shiny new Dolphin class nuke capable subs was just too much for them to resist. Lets see how soon it is before they wanna open the toy chest again.

Some one seems to omit the 40+ unprovoked attacks by Hezbullah since Israel's withdraw. These attacks were both on Israeli military and civilian targets before this last round of confrontations began.

*sniff - sniff*

Smells like Pieman is cooking up an Arab-Propaganda-Pie again.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi

Some one seems to omit the 40+ unprovoked attacks by Hezbullah since Israel's withdraw. These attacks were both on Israeli military and civilian targets before this last round of confrontations began.

*sniff - sniff*

Smells like Pieman is cooking up an Arab-Propaganda-Pie again.

Yeah I'd bake a pie but there wouldn't be enough to go around. I heard the IDF is in such sorry condition that they couldn't afford to send food to the soldiers who were hungry and tired after a hard days worth of hunting down enemy civilians that they gave them the ok to break into Lebanese stores and steal food if they needed it. Im applying for food stamps on behalf of the IDF.. poor things. Those hizbollah babies must have put up such a fight. Strollers can be pretty darn evasive

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Since this is an off-topic I'll just answer in a way as to clarify what actually happened.

The IDF soldiers where sent into deep Lebanese territory. The soldiers food ran out because they received orders upon orders to strike at different locations. They continued 4 days with no food and little water and kept alive by eating vegetables and fruit they found growing in fields.

A senior supplies officer in response to what this occurance said that they should have broken into lebanese stores and stole supplies. In response to this he was ridiculed by the Israeli press and public. As far as I know no-one broke into stores.
The story of lack of supplies (food and water) is something the military will need to address.

You still did not correct yourself to include the 40+ unprovoked attacks by Hezbullah since 2000.

new topics

top topics

join