It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your passion?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by risitar
At least it's better than croissants

Are you kidding Ris. croissants are fabulous
What IS your passion besides snakes on planes.
WIS

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WalkInSilence

At least it's better than croissants

Are you kidding Ris. croissants are fabulous
What IS your passion besides snakes on planes.
WIS

Alright, I love spirtuality (no pun intended) in the sincerest sense for I believe that even God lives through the concept of reincarnation not because he has to, but because he should. To answer your question more thoroughly, probably the Edgar Cayce way of channeling in which I have come across a few interesting facts about myself as well as others. If you have ever heard of the man than you know how that whole prediction process works. My biggest finding thus far and yes I have also used the Tarot cards about many a political question: Area 51 does exist and is pretty much in line with Resident Evil as well as go for a walk whenever you are angry because it does wonders. Aparently in my past life I died in a car accident in the twentieth century, at least that's what a family member of mine said while in hypnosis.

[edit on 19-8-2006 by risitar]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Yea, I used to be Santa...Er, well...that's what I dreamed the other night, so it must be true!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by CalmStateOfMind
Yea, I used to be Santa...Er, well...that's what I dreamed the other night, so it must be true!!!

I meant asking questions about absolutely anything in this overly regulated world. Didn't Jesus say "Seek and you will find"? My point exactly in that the truth always was irrelevant since mankind will always have an arcane addiction to destroy themself and especially their immeadiate environment.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Thats some heavy thinkin'

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orla

Except that you can only acquire such info only through the hypnotic state.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Have you ever been hypnotised??

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Except that you can only acquire such info only through the hypnotic state.

Well, if I'm reading into this correctly...I doubt it, but anyway, if you are referring being hypnotized as being influenced by something, such as drugs, then yes, most people that have come up with many thoughts about creation and religion have used drugs as a main way to "enhance'' their thinking. Some believe that when taking high dosages of hallucinogenic drugs, like acid or mushrooms, then the mind's filter is taken off. Example: When you are at a very young age (infant), you find amusement in looking at the design of a piece of wood.

But as you get older, your mind learns to filter out the beauty of it and you see it as a regular, ordinary normal piece of wood. But, when on hallucinogic drugs, people think that the filter that tells you what is beauty and what isn't it taken away. So, if you were to be in this state of mind, things that you couldn't experience before you can come to see.

P.S. I don't know if I am of violation of any rules by talking about drugs, so if I am then I'm sorry and just warn me. Thanks.

[edit on 20-8-2006 by CalmStateOfMind]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Have you ever been hypnotised??

Not really because in order to access the famed Akashic Records that knows everything (I don't know why its there and especially why mere mortals like Edgar Cayce, Sylvia Brown, and myself are allowed to access it), you need someone else to be under hypnosis as you ask one question after the next. What I did I guess is a bizzare form of lucid dreaming except using the spirit guide to tell you what you want to know directly as oppossed to the usage of often times confusing imagery (dreams).

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
If you're really into that kind of stuff (I'm getting into it) then you should really look into getting/torrenting the movie "Waking Life". It's about a bunch of theories of creation. The plot is of a teenager (roughly 17-20) that keeps having these dreams. Wait. I have to backtrack...Some people believe that once you die, your brain is still active for 10-12 minutes and you dream. Let me reiterate. Say that you went to bed at 10 pm and you wake up at 5 am, but don't have to actually get up until 5 30, you probably will go back to bed. Time goes by, and you think that it's been atleast an hour, when really it's only 10 15? People believe that's what happens once you die. So the story is of this teen having dreams after he has once died and he goes around talking to people about different ways that life/death is percieved.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
13 Passionate People on ATS.
No wonder people look so sad, they have no passion
I really don't like being around people with out a spark, they are so boring.
WIS

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 04:36 AM
link   
What are you on about?!

Thirteen passionate people??

WTF?!

I think that I will rent that film soon....

Sounds excellent!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Boring is good because the opposite is astonishingly terrrible.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
music.
literature.
philosophy.
language.
travel.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I have a passion for my work, I work with the elderly in a nursing home. I work in the Activities department, so its a non-medical job, and I love it. I enjoy cooking, baking, talking with and for the residents of the facility.

Also Asian culture (I'm not Asian, though), hiking, exploring the wilderness and the unknown, camping, nature, cooking. I have a passion for reading, learning, history, language, and travel. Though I am a skeptic, I also have a passion for Aliens/UFOs, cryptozoology, and the paranormal.
I don't know, i started this reply with just "cooking" on my mind, then i realized, i have a passion for more than that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join