It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generations clashes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
For what I have seen in the boards about the new and old generations opinions and views in politics, religion, the world and social issues.

I wonder if the propaganda been played by different groups in our nation is a deliberated approach to shape our future generations and mold them into a desirable type of society.

The reason I decided to made this thread is because something we where discussing on another thread in which was a very market clash between the sentiments of the older generations in regard to the government and the views and opinions of the newer generations that do not remember what the older generations has been through because they has been born into change.

I feel that something has been lost in our society and in our nation as years go by and new generations are born into a different set of rules and standards of what is expected from them.

If our newest generation to compliant when it comes to what is expected of them?

Does anybody feel that is deliberated like I feel it is?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   

"Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it." -- George Orwell

www.sierramadrenews.net...

Little has changed in human nature in the course of history. What Orwell observed was also observed by the ancients and that wisdom comes to us through history.

When we presume that the Pyramids or Stonehenge was built by an extraterrestrial race, we presume that the ancients were less intelligent, or no more so, than we are today.

When we assume that the young lack wisdom, which they usually do, we forget the advantage that a novel approach possesses.

The problem with youth is that we only know what we learn and in the absence of experience, we only know what we are taught.

Ultimately, we must all matriculate to the school of hard knocks from which there is no graduation.

There are those who believe that human nature can be changed by teaching lies, however, just the opposite is true. We can transcend human nature only by yielding to truth.

[edit on 2006/8/15 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Thanks Grady those are very wise words indeed.

It seems to me that while our children are born into an advanced and technologically superior era. . . they are staying behind when it comes to be able to differentiate between what is real and what is not.

I feel that with each generation the purpose of making them intelligent and able is still on the top priority, but when it comes to life experiences they want them to be Dependant on a system without complains and minimum problems.

I see a future of nothing less than young people that can not think for themselves anymore.

join