It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Heroin Ring Offering Home-Delivery Busted

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The DEA made over 130 arrests across the nation Tuesday as part of Operation Black Gold Rush. Growing the poppies and refining the opium into a highly potent form of black tar heroin in Mexico, then bringing it into the States mainly through Arizona, this ring targeted recovering addicts and offered, that's right, home delivery.

www.comcast.net
Federal agents arrested more than 130 alleged drug traffickers from coast-to-coast Tuesday who U.S. officials said smuggled heroin from Mexico and offered phone-up home delivery like a takeout pizza shop.

Beginning before dawn, Drug Enforcement Administration agents conducted arrest raids and searches, seeking up to 150 people, about half of them illegal aliens, according to senior drug enforcement officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity before the official announcement.

By early afternoon, the investigation had produced 131 arrests in 15 cities, from Charleston, S.C., to Los Angeles, based on 10 federal indictments and state charges, the officials said.

Known as Operation Black Gold Rush, the investigation was being described at an afternoon news conference here by Assistant Attorney General Alice Fisher and deputy DEA administrator Michele Leonhart.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Pretty bold of these guys to hang around outside methadone clinics and hand out phone numbers offering delivery service to drum up business for their operation.

Nation-wide, too.

It makes wonder who these slimy predators are affiliated with, and how they set up an operation of this scope and magnitude. They obvoiusly thought they could go about their business with virtual impunity, which says to me they may have been sanctioned or protected by someone wielding a lot of power within the system.

I also wonder if the ring-leader went down in this bust, or if they just got a bunch of smugglers and delivery couriers.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
well thats actually kinda funny. Sounds like something right out of Half Baked (movie with dave chappelle). Honestly though, I find the illegality(is this a word) of drugs and such stupid. If they can sell cigarettes, I see no problem with any of the other drugs (so long as they dont go killing people or hurting people).

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
It is not ciggarettes that should be banned, but the chemicals added to it. I personally would like to adopt a scorched earth policy towards certain plants in certain parts of the world, but that is only my opinion. Not just like napalm, but like even radiating the ground they grow on man.

Im glad these peope were all arrested, and hope that more are to come. Addictions are what holds society and humans from reaching the full potential of their abilities.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I think its every persons right to kill themselves if they want. Hey if they would rather do it with a lethal drug then a gun, fine.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This goes way beyond a right to personal use issue, especially with heroin. I had a friend who was SEAL ATT 6 detached to the CIA who told me it was a global $ Trillion business and you didn't know who you could trust because everybody was dirty and if you went snooping around in the wrong places you could simply disappear, maybe you and your entire family. Rumor has it even Skull & Bones was founded on heroin money. What does that tell you?

Anyway, one of the questions I had about this story was answered today in the follow up.

"We were able to cripple a sophisticated black tar heroin group from the retail level street dealers up to the regional distribution level," said Michele Leonhart, deputy DEA administrator. "But just as real businesses have CEOs, there's someone higher up in this criminal organization who is calling the shots. And we will continue our efforts until that person is in custody."

link

They didn't take down the kingpin. What a surprise.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a simple solution. legalize it.

you will crush the market if you allow it to be legally sold. Think about the prohibition times of alcohol and just remember what happened.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
There are many opiate variants already legally available with a Rx. The problem is with heroin after prolonged use the effective dose becomes dangerously close to the lethal dose, not to mention all the aberrant behavior it causes, the loss of function, and the lengths to which addicts will go to get a "fix".

The man who discovered heroin probably wished he had never developed the formula. His wife ended up dying from an overdose.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
Rumor has it even Skull & Bones was founded on heroin money. What does that tell you?

Tells me, it's going the be a bumper opium crop next year too and with the DEA doing the WOD dance equates to record profits for all those in charge.

Afghan opium cultivation hits a record
KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) -- Opium cultivation in Afghanistan has hit record levels - up by more than 40 percent from 2005 - despite hundreds of millions in counternarcotics money, Western officials told The Associated Press.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 16-8-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   

There are many opiate variants already legally available with a Rx. The problem is with heroin after prolonged use the effective dose becomes dangerously close to the lethal dose, not to mention all the aberrant behavior it causes, the loss of function, and the lengths to which addicts will go to get a "fix".

The man who discovered heroin probably wished he had never developed the formula. His wife ended up dying from an overdose.

maybe it sounds heartless but so what? Thats there fault. Give it the same rules cigarette get and call it a day. If my grandma can smoke cigarettes and become a shut in for 10 years on a air tank, people can do all the crack they want. Their choice, just like it was my grandmothers to have all these problems and become a shut in for the past 10 years. I have no sympathy for a person that chooses that path then ends up all screwed up.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Well grim, I am sorry to hear that. but all those people are keeping the corrupt rulers of the human race in power. As long as they stay addicted, evil will have all the resources it needs to spread misery and suffering to even the strongest minds, until eventually there is nothing left but a global population of slaves addicted to some form of drug. No time to question politicians, think about other humans, or raise a child. Just drugs drugs drugs. Did you ever think about the innocent lives a single addiction could be destroying?

An alcoholic father could easily be beating or molesting his own children, or a meth/crack/heroin addicted parent may be allowing their children to starve in order to get their fix. Do you know what happens to the child when they grow up? Not really, statistically speaking many of them will undoubetdly follow the path their parents craved out into them. Of course some will also come out to be some of the greatest individuals the people around them will ever have known.

One thing is certain, allowing these people to stay addicted will only contribute to all the suffering in the world, not slow it down or reverse it.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
You can tell people are posting from America, other countries can keep their heroin addicts under maintenance and have been doing so for decades. America on the other hand gives their junkies methadone, which is more addictive and more debelitating than smack.

Aleister Crowley was a life long heroin addict, from his thirties I believe until he died at 84.
Under a physicians guidance you can live a NORMAL life as a heroin addict, under the United States Drug War you will most likely die.

Back on topic, this bust of 130 people moving drugs through Arizona is nothing but a drop in the bucket, as major amounts of Heroin come in through New Jersey at 60% to 98% purity and is cut and delivered across the country from there. 65,000 heroin addicts in New Jersey alone, 600,000 in New York.

Historically law enforcement has never prevented more that 10% of imported drugs from reaching the streets, if you lump in domestic crops and cooked up chemicals the amount of drugs they prevent from reaching the street probably drops down to less than 1%. Billions of dollars that could have found cures for diseases or brought a new life and hope to inner city slums or who knows what other benefits have gone down the poop tube of government corruption and ignorance.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Hey, if you believe the bulk of this country citizens are ignorant sheeple and slaves to corporations now, you just wait and see what happens when you legalize this #. Our whole system will break down. We have to find where this # is grown, and use tacitcal nukes to completely destroy the land and prevent it from ever growing anything again. I dont mean like hundreds of square miles. Controlled mini nukes on dozens of acres of land to ensure no opium can ever be grown there again. That will surely send ANYONE a message that America will not tolerate drugs in this world. Who is going to risk losing their land from growing anything at all to some drug kingpins who want evil money. They will promptly report to INTERPOL in order to save their land.

It will only take a few nukes to show the evil doers we aint playin no more.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Well grim, I am sorry to hear that. but all those people are keeping the corrupt rulers of the human race in power. As long as they stay addicted, evil will have all the resources it needs to spread misery and suffering to even the strongest minds, until eventually there is nothing left but a global population of slaves addicted to some form of drug. No time to question politicians, think about other humans, or raise a child. Just drugs drugs drugs. Did you ever think about the innocent lives a single addiction could be destroying?

An alcoholic father could easily be beating or molesting his own children, or a meth/crack/heroin addicted parent may be allowing their children to starve in order to get their fix. Do you know what happens to the child when they grow up? Not really, statistically speaking many of them will undoubetdly follow the path their parents craved out into them. Of course some will also come out to be some of the greatest individuals the people around them will ever have known.

One thing is certain, allowing these people to stay addicted will only contribute to all the suffering in the world, not slow it down or reverse it.

honestly, we are all oblivious when it comes to the future. But whatever the future may be, why treat a drug user any different then a normal person when it comes to a crime? If he kills a man, hes just as guilty as the man that killed him clean and not on drugs. I don't think a guy should be cut any slack because he killed some body on crackcoc aine. It has no relevence as far as I am concerned. As long as it was not a perscribed drug from a doctor that caused this action, then a crime is a crime.

If he kills a man because the perscribed drug caused a reaction in him to freak out, thats different. If a guy decides to do meth, then runs somebody over with an SUV, they are going to pay for the crime. I mean honestly, you know how much illegal drugs make because they are illegal? Making it legal lowers the prices and such. And like I said, if innocent people are being hurt, thats a crime. That person goes to jail for the crime, drugs or no drugs.

The biggest thing causing suffering in the world is forcing people who wouldn't survive to survive against their own will. So these alcoholic drug using guys buy illegal drugs and fuel an illegal market which makes things that much more dangerous.

Think about it like this, for every person being killed by a drug user, a hand full of innocent people are saved by not being killed in gang war drivebys that I hear about in the news every so often.

You can say goodbye to the bloods and the crips if we legalize all the drugs. They will have nothing but illegal gun running, which Im afraid may always be around since there is no way we are going to let anyone get a gun without registering and such. Honestly, the biggest way to strike down the drug cartels and the gangs, is legalize what they are selling. Instead of trying to stop the running water with a dam that cannot stop it, you dry the water well out completely, leaving no more water to run. Quite simple. Plus any person that wants to get their hands on drugs will, just like guns, illegal or not.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Home delivery, eh? I wonder if they had the clause, "30 minutes or its free" tacked onto their flyers.

The war on drugs is big business, I dont see it ending anytime soon. people involved in it are making money hand over fist, and the people who suffer are at the bottom.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
If we legalize it and all we are going to do is have the same cartels running the show but with a document saying their corporation is legal. Not only that, but they will have the right to market that product on television, newspapers and who knows what else.

Making it legal will bring in a whole new market of people who will have never have even thought about trying it because it was illegal and harder to find. But since it can be bought in stores now, what is the harm right? The harm is a whole entire civilization trying to run a society while under the influence on drugs. I have had to bear witness to the horrible lives some of my friends had to endure because their parents were addicted on even simple # like coke and marijuana. Parents that act like they do not even have children.

Advocating the legalization of even harder drugs is like saying "hey whatever, these children can suffer all they need too, its their parents stupid fault for being weak and using drugs."

I honestly do not see any good come from legalizing drugs.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Hey, if you believe the bulk of this country citizens are ignorant sheeple and slaves to corporations now, you just wait and see what happens when you legalize this #. Our whole system will break down. We have to find where this # is grown, and use tacitcal nukes to completely destroy the land and prevent it from ever growing anything again. I dont mean like hundreds of square miles. Controlled mini nukes on dozens of acres of land to ensure no opium can ever be grown there again. That will surely send ANYONE a message that America will not tolerate drugs in this world. Who is going to risk losing their land from growing anything at all to some drug kingpins who want evil money. They will promptly report to INTERPOL in order to save their land.

It will only take a few nukes to show the evil doers we aint playin no more.

Why do you think the system would shut down if heroin or any other drug is legalized? You certainly haven't thought that ought IMO. The system would falter IMO because IMO many govermental and para-govermental entities would lose all their
income.

I don't want to use the tired argument of prohibition but there is an aspect to it that
I want to point out. The only difference between 1925 and today IMO is that when
you got pulled over drinking, you went to jail for possession. Today you go to jail for driving.

This is truly the only reasonable argument one can make against the legalization (decriminalizing wouldn't effect anyone's trafficking income so I'm not giving it any consideration in this argument) of these drugs. It is the possibility of those who use these drugs to cause harm or injury to others. The argument is faulty. IMO there would not be any significant increase in abusers therefore no significant increase in the harm and injury that users and abusers already cause.

All these users and abusers are working next to you, they're babysitting your kids, they're directing 100's aircraft through space at any given time. They're making foreign policy. They're organizing and implementing kids activities. They're sleeping right next to you.

At the end of the day when you come home from working hard wherever it is you work hard; would you rather see a couple more stories on the news of addicts under
the bridge or the ever increasing egregious acts of violence that holds hands with black market drugs?

If drugs were legalized and the outrageous sums of money spent on the 'war on drugs' was alloted to the rehabilitation and education of addictive drugs there would be no more babies shot through house walls. People would feel free to walk on there sidewalks without hassle or concern. The middle man will go away. He will never be shot or stabbed because he used what he was supposed to sell. Officers of the law won't ever be shot and killed because they were in someone's patch. Criminal organizations will have to find another more difficult way to fund themselves. And best of all, all those silly tv court shows will go away.

In the end, we'll just have to grin and bear the violence because as long as the people in charge feel the need to spend money on programs the american people don't need to know about, these drugs will stay illegal, and the trafficking will continue.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
You dont get why people get killed over illegal drugs do you? Let me explain. When you have a legal business, you dont have to worry about the criminals you have to hire to sell it, the criminals you have to get to run it, and the criminals you have to hire to make it. These people aren't class citizens. They are lowlife people working in the only industry they can, the illegal one. How do you stop it? Get rid of the industry, rather then the drugs. People also get killed over it because they need to do whatever they can so they have the place to sell the drugs. They cant have a store and sell it. So they have to kill off a rival gang in the city and take the little piece of land the cops are paid off to stay out of.

What reason would people get killed over drugs if it were legal? Other then maybe the guys trying to make it illegal again? Everything goes legit. The main point is it makes it easier to obtain, cheaper to obtain, thus crushing the illegal market. The illegal market hires people who have no problem with killing people. Make it legal and your putting them out of work. Your not only taking away the gangs selling drugs, but the money that provides them with the means to run.

As for who it effects, well thats not your business honestly. Its not my decision how another parents child is raised. I will raise my children how I see fit, and thats all that I can do. Its not my right to controll the way some one else raises their children. If they decide they want no part of the childs life, fine. If the child says "I don't want to live with them anymore" and give reasons as to why, then fine, put the child up for adoption. Its honestly non of our business unless the child is being physically harmed and such. You have every right to help a child if the child is asking for it. Be the parent, legally or not.

In the end, this is life. You cant save everyone, and its often better that you dont. You do what you feel is right, but you don't go forcing people to do thing because you think its right. Just because you think drugs are wrong, and its wrong for them to neglect their kids, doesn't mean you should force them to do otherwise. Help the child however you can. Be the parent they don't have. Thats my advice.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
DYepes
Not to be rude but for informational purposes you living in a dream if you think its not easy as buying cake to buy drugs, ESPECIALLY weed. I can purchase weed at school in probably half of my classes, DURING CLASS, if I wanted to. Kids sell this stuff like crazy, and dont get caught or anything. Lots of heavier drugs also are sold like X and crack, but just remember, this is just in a highschool, not even on the street.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Growing the poppies and refining the opium into a highly potent form of black tar heroin in Mexico.

'Highly Potent'

Mexican 'Black tar' heroin is the lowest form of heroin avaiable. Usualy less than 30% pure. It's very hard to inject cause it clogs up the syringe. But that's prob more info than you need

I love the way the DEA, and other gov agencies, like to exagerate their claims.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Yes. I figured it was highly potent for black tar heroin, not in terms of heroin in general.

All the back and forth over legalization is kind of amusing to me. Let's face it, if the PTB wanted heroin legal, it would be legal, simple as that. The heroin traffic went underground when heroin was criminalized back in the late '20s or early '30s (I'm not exactly sure when), and it was already entrenched in society by then. Not just the lower class, either. Many elite members of society were deeply addicted to the drug, and they weren't about to stop using it. It has now become big business, maybe the biggest, and is behind many seemingly legitimate fronts.

Same with the opium trade. When the Chinese tried to outlaw opium and the opium trade back in the early to mid 1800's, it led directly to the Boxer Rebellion and war with Great Britain, the principal benefactor of the trade at the time. Once the West successfully criminalized it, the trade went underground.

Face it, we live in an opiate culture.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join