It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Angels Have Wings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Hi Guys i came upon this site www.fallenwings.org..., and while reading i thought i would ask you guys if you beleive angels have wings?.
I have spoken to many lets say "religious" people, who have had encounters with angels, but none of them have mentioned they have seen wings, also is the same for books i have read.
anyway let me know what you think please...

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
From my own personal experiance, twice to be exact, in thier natural state, no, they dont have wings. They have no need for them, think about it, do you really think at thier level they need wings? I strongly suspect the "wings" were invented by mankind to frame the idea of an entity that could move about in the air.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I think that your question depends upon two things:

1) Do angels actually exist?

2) How do you define "angel?"

I think the word angel, at least for me, means "messenger." A messenger could be some spiritual entity sent by a creator, but it doesn't have to be a winged, halo wearing creature from the heavens.

I am a highly spiritual person and I can tell you that my dog has been a messenger. She brought me the message that devotion and loyalty are much more striking than outward appearances. My spouse is a messenger who constantly tells me to follow my dreams. You, Fallguy, are right now an angel. You have delivered a message to me that reminds me that the spirit is present in the most ordinary looking, mundane, every day things.

[edit on 8/15/06 by wellwhatnow]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
As with everything in the Bible, questioned it. But threw life and looking for my own answers, I can tell you, as a fact, Angels do exsist. Some bring good messages while a very small persentage, are the fallen type. I have no faith that Angels exsist, I have knowedge

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
As with everything in the Bible, questioned it. But threw life and looking for my own answers, I can tell you, as a fact, Angels do exsist. Some bring good messages while a very small persentage, are the fallen type. I have no faith that Angels exsist, I have knowedge

bless you my friend. I also have knowledge. angels do have wings, although this may be the form they take to appear to humans. in their purest form, it may be that they are beings of purest light, with little discernable form...

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
If you view angels as winged creatures from heaven, do you run the risk of overlooking some of the divinity in everyday things?

I am not questioning your faith, just posing a philosophical question.

On a philosophical level, how do you define "angel"?

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
If you dont mind, I will try to field that question. I personally believe their is a great deal of confusion in the matter. There is a saying that goes like this "God works in mysterious ways". From what I have seen, read, I can find no fault in this saying. I have read terms like "Watchers", "Messengers", and even outside of religious restraints "Musses", and "Alliens".

There is some question whether they actually deliver messages in the traditional manner, or just watch over us. If you associate the phenomonon of angels with the Jewish information of "Merkabas", you are warned not to delve into the subject too deeply. In a way it warns that if you dont have the proper training, your soul may be lost. That makes perfect sense sinse it is told threw scriptures that there are evil angles who will masqurade as good ones. Now, if we have never seen angels in their natural state, we would never know the who is really who. And who will give this training? The good ones, or that bad? How would one know the differance?

I would suggest a collective effort, publicly to put such a question to the test. Have everyone with information put it on the table, and try to come to some resoluton on the subject.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I wish they had jetpack/rocketpack, or hoverboards, this however is just my own personal preference, as I've been waiting for a hoverboard since Back II the Future debuted.

But if they gotta be of alien nature, then I say, uber starships with flashy lights.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Jesus had no wings when i met him, but St michael, well he chose to appear as a winged warrior. they have a choice about it, and can change from one thing to the next in the blink of an eye.

To paraphrase the Bible, be kind to every stranger who enters your world for you know not when you entertain Angels.

They disguise themselves at times - so any form at all is game.

top topics

join