It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US TV set for 'Jesus wife' storm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 06:01 AM
link   
A US TV news reporter admits her network is taking risks with a special programme on whether Jesus had a wife.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystra

A US TV news reporter admits her network is taking risks with a special programme on whether Jesus had a wife.news.bbc.co.uk...

I'd think more than anything she's making sure that there will be no risk involved in viewing figures. Outrage a few Christians, get a bunch of free publicity about such a 'controversial' subject....then what would have become probably a pretty much unoticed documentary becomes something a lot bigger.

Taking risks? Nah, just simple advertising.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I wonder what's so controversial about Jesus having a wife? I think the idea of him being married to Mary Magdalene is a beautiful idea!

I read this has been covered up by the patriarchal Church and Establishment so that they could hold power (Dan Brown's fictional book The Da Vinci Code covers this) over the last 2,000 years, and reduce the feminine element in society. He exposes the fact that the person sitting next to Jesus in da Vinci's The Last Supper is a woman - Mary Magdalene - signifying that Leonardo was in on some kind of secret.

Interestingly in that painting - most of the people have beards, yet three of them are wearing pink, don't have beards, and look like women. Could it be that three of the disciples were actually women?? Curious thought!

If Jesus did have a wife and descendents, and they've survived to this day, then it would be explosive for the Church and religion as we know it, because the descendents would gain their rightful place at the head of the true spiritual church of Christ, rather than the corrupt, lying, greedy, murderous, warmongering, patriarchal usurpers who are there currently.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This has been done before, nothing new. Just hypothetical arguments.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 09:50 AM
link   
What ? I thought he was Gay for John
yeah the side thing with M.M. but ..I thought he and John really had something
...geee ya never know..

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Interesting Article Mystra. I've read "The Holy Grail and The Holy Blood". I've yet to read this book though but would be interested in what this guy has to say. Personally i believe Jesus wasn't celebate and probably did have sex. Its only logical to assume, as the writers chose to portray him as some kind of sub human who thought of that kind of thing as unholy or something (who knows) hehe.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Mark 13:22 "For false Christs and false prophets shall arise, and show signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the very elect."
Hmmmm...Why would they put such a topic as "Jesus' marriage to Mary" on PrimeTime television???? Ok oh ye children of conspiracy, Ya'll should know this one. What is the aim of the TV networks??? (or more so those controlling these networks) Come on, it's to conform public opinion. To persuade the public into believing something, %99 of the time, a lie....especially on PrimeTime. Now think, why would this message be such a Hot topic all of the sudden?? especially in the living rooms of familys across America? Well other than degrading Jesus Christ and the Word of Our Lord, there is a far bigger plan in affect. In order to present an otherwise somewhat "shocking" story to the public, it needs to be played out in a way where it gives everyone the chance to play the "Hmmm....I wonder if..." game. After some time, the topic gets a little older, less shocking to the public (Mostly those not Christian in this case) and tends to form a group of "belivers". If you notice there is No Scriptural evidence for this, other than Mary wanting to give Jesus a hug before he went on hs way....(I would)
No Peeps, the reason for this is far more sinister. Think now to what theyre trying to get us to think about, and eventually to accept. That Jesus Christ had Children with Mary, therefore making a bloodline of Jesus Christ. A Holy Bloodline. Notice now that the knowledge was only known and kept secret by our favorite friends, the "secret societies"....Hence Messianic legacy, Masonic temple, illuminati, on and on. You all know that they have a plan.
(not to get of topic here but)...But the thing is, its hard for many of you to see the full agenda because of your lack in faith in Christ. Belive it or not he has all the answers for you. You dont have to go sit and meditate on your breathing for four hours or contact spirits beings to find unity in the univerese to "see through the illusion that is life"...Trust me, i was a Buddhist, very into my practice. GUess what...Its a tirck of the devil to get you to look away from Jesus.....You dont go to heaven on merit alone, or from working out your karma, by saving yourself becuase you are your own god (if that was the case, would the world be like it is now?). It's from allowing Christ to be your personal saviour. John 6:47 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life."
ANYWAY, back to TOPIC.....The agenda is this....To set the stage for the coming of Antichrist.(Note:antichrist, not anti Buddha, or anti Isis) In order to do soo, the world must be united under a single empire, for there to be GLOBAL CONTROL. Most of you know this., Hence the Masonic lodge taking over (including all branches and sects...Illuminati, etc.....) They belive in opening up to mans true consiousness, through occult and spiritual studies. Yes, the same school of thought tha is "sweeping the nation"....New Age, enlightenment, Unity of the ONE Spirtit. These arent new ideas, Very old.....The same groups are Pushing there thought on socitey, yes even many of you have fallen for the lie. Think about it.....You Belive in the same spiritual ideas as the Masonic Lodge and the Illuminati(Pick up a good book on Freemasonry and its Ancient Mystic Rites). An yes some claim to be Christian, but obviously only kidding themselves, or just using a front.
What is the common trend in all there ideas...UNITY WITH THE ONE. Hence New World Order.
Now back to "Jesus' Bloodline" (which doesnt exist) The Higher Ups in the Lodge....noteably the 30 and 33rd degree masons, the honchos, are completly demon possessed...Think about it, they move up in the lodge by ritual initiation......(pretty much they get possessed by more powerfull demons) and These demons manipulate them to work in the physicla world. These demons, ruled by Satan, are here for one purpose...to Destroy mankind and enslave them in hell.....specifically Christians...They really heate 'em.....Thats why Gods prayer and his commandments are not really acceptiable in society any more, since Satan now has an upperhand.
In order for Antichrist to arrive on seen, they need Us to belive that there is a Holy bloodline in existence. Thats why The show was put on primetime....they want EVERYONE and their grandma to see it. From this position, eventually they'll get many of us to belive that theyv'e found someone with the strain of Bloodline in them (The True bloodline here folks is of Satan). This man comes to the world scene to "Rescue us" with peacefull compromise, and showing us many wonderfull, supernatural acts. He's The Christ, (antichrist) the Messiah to save us from whatever Make Belive threat they have people beliving in at that time. When in fact He is the threat.....But many will follow him,
Matt 24:4 "Take heed that no man decieve you" This is what your Illuminati is all about, and antichrist will spring from the 13th illuminati bloodline........And from studying scriptue, you'll learn he'll come from the revived Roman Empire (Britain) ......Royalty...WINDSORS......We all knew they were snakes....right?..lol....But take heed everyone, Matt 24:13 "But he that shall endure to the end, the same shall be saved"
God be with you ALL

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I watched the show and I must say there are more pointers to Jesus being not married and not having children than the opposite. They have found no historic evidence of a Jesus/Mary child or anything of the nature. Like the priest said on the show if there were concrete evidence of knowledge of a spouse of Jesus I think Mary would be it. Does it really make a difference if He was married or had children? Not for me, He still is the Son of God and purchased my salvation with His sacrifice. He still rose from the dead and ascended to heaven 40 days later.

[Edited on 11-5-2003 by Cearbhall]

top topics

join