It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what will happen after disclosure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
After watching a trailer for the up and coming disclosure film(thats been delayed for
some reason) I was wondering what will happen after it comes out?
Are all governments of the world meant to go; "yep its all true" And then give us all the
information we need on ufos/aliens, or well they just deny it as per usual?

Will the release of the film(which isn't getting a cinema release only internet) suddenly
make the whole world believe in the existence of aliens visiting our planet?
Or will it be just another global collective shrug?

For me, i would of liked some of those involved in the DP to be still working for their
respected organizations, but they have all retired or resigned, or (probably) sacked.
This may put off some non-believers, who could just argue about disgruntled employers or accuse them of doing it for monetry gain or even fame.

Unless it really comes up with the goods, and goes big time mainstream, i dont think the DP with have any effect at all.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
i think most ast'ers would cream them selfs the day a government admitted # like that,

but what would happen for example in 2012 the U.S said hey folks i think there is something you need to know.

you will have to look at why they are dissclosing whatever details they deside,
is the world ready for the information?
are we going to find out anyway somehow?

when you look at what evidence is out there like most of us on here do we see countless articals on witnesses ,photos, ect

but the general population wont wake up till there is a live ebe is on the 6 o'clock news or a 30 mile wide ship over their town.

i supose im the same,i belive (maybe supidly of me) accounts of ufo and what not,but untill there is undeniable evidence most of us are just hoping for the day,

i mension things on here to my friends and yeah there eyes do glaze over and they start taking the piss, but i cant wait untill there is so much evidence evan the most sceptical folks out there say # I guess you were right.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
After watching a trailer for the up and coming disclosure film(thats been delayed forsome reason) I was wondering what will happen after it comes out?

Same thing that always happens. A whole lot of nothing. Unless GWB comes out on live TV and says it's real, I won't buy it.

Nothing is real until we start boring junior high schoolers by making them learn it.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Are all governments of the world meant to go; "yep its all true" And then give us all the

I'd be very surprised if they do either - they will just ignore it. Most of the public will never see it, and those that do will forget about it and go on with their lives.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonicology

I'd be very surprised if they do either - they will just ignore it. Most of the public will never see it, and those that do will forget about it and go on with their lives.

Then whats the point of it?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Its amazing really, disclosure is a big thing for ufo fanatics and i only get 3 replies?
Obviously DP means nothing and its a waste of time.
Let it gather dust like all other 'stories' of ex government officials who say they know the truth.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The Disclosure Project is far from a waste of time - in addition to having provided valuable information to UFOligists, it keeps the pressure on those "in the know" to move towards disclosure.

Sadly though the reality of the situation is that disclosure won't come until either the ET's or World Government(s?) (or both) decide that the time is right. No amount of military or civilian witnesses coming forword (no matter how credible) is going to change that - the mainstream press simply doesn't want to know.

Sorry if I sound jaded - back in 1995 I was convinced that disclosure was imminent. With The X-Files giving UFO conspiracies mainstream attention, Independance Day bringing Area 51 to the attention of the public, Senators demanding investigations into the Roswell Incident and then everyone (even my grandparents, who until that point had never even considered the possibility of ET life) talking about the Alien Autopsy film I expected any day to switch on CNN and see Clinton standing next to a Grey and confirming we'd had contact for a long time.

But of course it never happened.

Now everytime I hear disclosure is imminent I smile, but don't allow myself to get my hopes up.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
1.) Lots of hoaxers, conspiricists, and career ufo-ologists will be out of work
2.) People will be sooo sorely dissapointed and not accept the findings anyway

or - Disclosure will never happen because the public will eventually figure out the explantions for the phenomenon in good time. You can't please everyone or in this case the majority of followers and believers.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I think sonicology summed up my feelings exactly. I feel people will turn away
because while the evidence is overwhelming, its hasnt got one escapable shred of
proof to make people sit up and not just believe, but be 100% certain they are here.

I personally think i will die of old age and never actually "know"

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Like nullster said, many people will be sad about it haha!
When the info about UFO, Aliens and stuff be released I'm pretty sure that will be just the first step.
There are a lot of questions to solve about their techs, way of living, spiritual belief, cosmic studies, everything, literally everything.

That's why everyone want the disclosure to be real, of course there are interests behind everything so the info won't be avaliable as soon as the disclosure arrives, but like any other major "revolution", benefits will come slowly.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This question hasn't been ignored by the powers that know the truth. A study was done by the Brookings inst. that determined that the American Public isn't ready for disclosure.

One of the scenarios explored; was how will the right wing Christians respond to disclosure information and it was deemed possible that a torch and pitchfork mob might travel the highways looking for "demons" [aliens] and disrupt almost all normal everyday activity.

Don't think that Falwell and Robertson haven't explored this question from their standpoint.

From a personal level; I don't think I would go to work until I felt I had gleaned all the info possible, and explore the ramifications that disclosure would bring.
I don't trust the majority of Americans to make logical decisions about anything much less the fact that we are not alone.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well i don't think you should be feeling downbeat about humanity not being ready. I think many people ARE ready. As a previous poster has said we've had Independence Day, the Roswell tapes, X Files and many documentries regarding ailens and UFO's. The Greys are now an iconic figure recognised by millions as being associated with ailens.

The real question should be are the politicians and millitary people ready and the answer has to be no. Why? Because they have hidden agendas and alot to lose if and when disclosure happens. So short of an Ailen Landing on the White House Lawn or a surprise appearance at the International Kindergarden , oops i mean United Nations (!) i wait with bated breath !

new topics

top topics

join