It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this is the ugliest forum ever

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snake Pliskin
I also think that the most user-friendly information should always be visible in the top page, without having to scroll. For me, that includes the recent post list, which is below the screen break.

That's odd. I'd like to see what you're seeing. All of that should be in the top 20% of the screen for someone on 1024x768.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Well, then, if its so ugly, then get out of here. If you have nothing good to say, then leave. You basiclly made almost all the members who read this thread, be mad at you when you made this post

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
hrm... I am seeing some odd things in Firefox I don't see in a proper browser (Safari).

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Posted on 15/8/2006

Threads created:
Grabbing myself a rifle and a shotgun
this is the ugliest forum ever

Knowing Timmy2000 is going to be a worthwhile member? Priceless.

To be fair. Nobody forces you to sit there and look at ATS. It's not as though you need your gun to protect you from the person saying: "READ ATS OR DIE!" dislike it...little [X] in the top right. Then you can leave. :O

Seriously. Pointless thread, stop it. In fact, just set fire to yourself and save us all the trouble.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Eye Of The Beholder

A new member has given somewhat blunt (and not terribly constructive) feedback, but it is candid, and this is ATS, so let's please remember our manners and refrain from insults or other forms of negative personal commentary.

Meanwhile...

If they wanted to, for instance, they could just add "UFOs" to their favorites list and go there directly after log-in. The less "popular" forums would still be accessible, they just wouldn't take up so much prime real estate.

This is what MyATS is all about, and I highly recommend it for any member who desires a customized view of the forums.

MyATS serves as my ATS homepage, and when I click "ATS" on my browser shortcuts bar, MyATS is what I see.

Check it out!

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Well, for what its worth, i think its the nicest out there. Looks, people, and you dont get lost in it. AND
there are people actually here!!!
Nothing like going to another forum and seeing the last post was Jan3, 2004

THAT'S a big turn off.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Here's another kind of paranormal/parahistory site with a better look:

www.freedomcrowsnest.org...

You can't be serious.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Whys the place gone all boxy? it looked much better before, IMO.

ok, either, it's changed back, or i've finally gone insane. nevermind...

[edit on 15/8/06 by Implosion]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Why not be grateful for what we have...

I'll pass on the others...i wonder what kind of activity they have. You post on a Monday and you might get a response in a month. Those places are deserted and boring, imo.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
That is very true Dg, post a good topic and within minitues you have replys.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I have to admit that I liked the old home page better, but since I stopped using it long ago, it matters little. If you use the buttons at the top of the page, you really never need to look at the home page.

For example:

How much easier does it get?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Grady

You can't be serious.

They are, I think. I'm terrified. Hold me!

Seriously, I quite like the design of this site. The fact that it doesn't look amateurish and unnecessarily busy is a big plus. I guess some people would prefer seventeen different tile patterns and animations galore, with spooky music, to each his own.

I'd still come here for the content even if the design sucked, but it doesn't, so I've got no complaints.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Er Grady I see that your third post on the "My ATS" page is smeared... why is that? Are you partaking in secret discussions on secret boards and maybe just maybe you are plotting how you and the staff of ATS are going to take over the world.. that YOU are all the real true NWO and this site is to force us to comply with you guys against a common enemy the real fake NWO?????

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Abort! Abort!

erm...what I meant to say was 'data corruption'..'data corruption' -

BTW, rockpuck, we do have a chat room. Five, actually.

[edit on 15-8-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Er Grady I see that your third post on the "My ATS" page is smeared... why is that?

There are things that are just not meant to be known.

However, just because you don't know whats going on, doesn't mean that something is going on.

[edit on 2006/8/15 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
hrm... I am seeing some odd things in Firefox I don't see in a proper browser (Safari).

I have firefox and it looks okay to me. Of course, it looks better in Opera and worse in IE, but still

I like the way the forum looks. I don't like a lot of "stuff" detracting from the information. This minimalist format also makes the pages load faster.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I too have Firefox, and everything is where it should be. I'm on a laptop screen too...

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
No problems here, and I'm on Firefox.

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Firefox is the best. Safari is lightweight.

And I reckon this is one of the best designed, most user-friendly forums out there. I hate, utterly hate, that generic forum design that forum admins just slap in anywhere when they think 'Ohh, I think my site needs a forum!' At least ATS has had a bit (a lot) of effort put into it.
And did I read something about not being able to navigate around properly? I've got 3 ATS favourites; Main Page, MyATS, and New Posts. What more could one want!

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by timmy2000
this has to be the uglies forum I have seen, I wish they wiped the dir and put vbulletin in with default skin and call it a day, or even punbb

You should have seen it before. At least it's a little cleaner than it used to be. I agree, however, that the color scheme is a bit on the depressing side. Needs a woman's touch, perhaps.
That's rich. I'm a woman, and all I'd do is make it more stark than it is., I prefer astute to the point of tasteless, sometimes (that being siad, I can decorate). In my family, the most blog friendly decorator is this one: Here
It's very pretty, user friendly, and the coding is neat and as compliant as possible.
I never go there, more than to see if it exists still. It is small community, and he's not particularly into the crazies. AND the most important part, this layout was tested for around 6 months beofre he allowed all his members to switch over. I like the old one more.
He'd probably hate the coding on here more than he would the color scheme.

That being said, the site suits the purposes.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join