It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miracles or Chance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I was just reading a post in this forum, that made me want to start this thread, which is obviously about miracles. The post was about how the person had seen or had miracles happen to them. My arguement that miracles, in the sense of divine intervention to solve a problem, dont exist and are nothing but mere chance. For example lets say you are diagonosed with cancer, you are given an almost 0% chacne of survival. Then you in some way recover when you are certained death. Is this a miracle or simply luck. I would say that it was mere chance that allowed you to survive. It all has to do with how humans approach the events, because all the people who were not fortunateenough to live are not considered to have a lack of miracle. They are just thought of what is suppose to happen. Te basic point is that people only notice a coincidence or miracle because it does happen, you dont realize all the times that arent considered to be miraclous, like when the people do die from their cancer.

I'm very sorry if i offended anyone who knows somebody that died because of cancer.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Well, miracles are in the eye of the beholder. it depends on your interpretation of what is a miracle. Alot of scientific discoveries themselves have been named as miracles. Its all about perspective.

join