It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is responsible for this.... who gains the most by fluoridating our water?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Scientific Facts on the
Biological Effects of Fluorides

1. Fluoride exposure disrupts the synthesis of collagen and leads to the breakdown of collagen in bone, tendon, muscle, skin, cartilage, lungs, kidney and trachea.
www.gooff.com...

(Mod edit- all caps title)

[edit on 2-10-2005 by asala]

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Someone is obviously making a lot of money off of the whole flouride thing. The whole 'It's good for your teeth' excuse is weak. Can't people just brush their teeth? Seems like a no-brainer to me. And what about the conspiracy that flouride weakens people's minds and wills. Is this conspiracy bogus, or is there some truth to it?

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It's a freakin' chemical by-product, something that should be haz-mat yet is sold as a good thing, and, instead of disposed of properly is poured into our water supply!

It is contaminating our precious bodily fluids. Mandrake should have listened.

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I've been saying for years that this is the "class action" waiting to happen. One day someone will have something pretty awful to reveal about fluorine.

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 01:00 AM
link   
You're over-reacting, flouride is not bad in the ammounts you usually are exposed to, it might be wise to not drink much tap water, but if your tap doesn't light up a light bulb, not tooo much to worry about.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Obviously, one hesitates to challenge the manifest scientific authority of the previous fact and reference-packed posting; but for anyone less obviously a clear master of halogen chemistry and biochemistry, the original link is worth reading with attention, as is the slight variant here: www.gooff.com...

who gains? The manufacturers and arguably no one else.

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 07:02 PM
link   
And through the manufacturers, banks, and through banks, the Illuminati.

Come on! Most money we spend will eventually pass through their hands. Fluorinated water is just another way to do this.

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Again even your link is still just speculation and theories, they don't outright SAY that the flouride is the cause, just that some scientists believe it is.

Granted Flouride probably has some adverse effects on your bones, but it is worse to drink milk due to the build up of strontium in your bones then flouride would ever cause.

Sure it's worth further examination, but I doubt there is enough flouride in the water to cause fractures of the hips, that could be due to a larger number of old people, or of car accidents, bike accidents and such, hence why statistics are stupid

Sincerely,
no signature

PS. FEAR THE MILK!!!! Strontium is bad, 28 year half life and it adheres to bone due to its similar characteristics to calcium and thusly radiates you for the next 28 years

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMasonPS. FEAR THE MILK!!!! Strontium is bad, 28 year half life and it adheres to bone due to its similar characteristics to calcium and thusly radiates you for the next 28 years

where do you LIVE???
CHERNOBYL???

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 10:38 PM
link   
FLORIDE IS A POSION! Read the label on the tooth paste. If more is consumed then normal usage, call the local posion control center!! It a posion! No better than cyanide or strycnine(sp?) or bochilism, which is injected into your face as part of plastic surgery. It kills your muscles and so forth, reducing wrinkles. Just what I want to do, inject posion, then drink some while brushing it on my teeth. That's life for you.

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 10:44 PM
link   
LOL JAMES!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not FLOURIDE in tooth paste that is the POISON...it is the Sodium Flouride...it's Rat Poison. My grandma even showed me once, she's all, look at this there's rat poison in your Toothpaste (showed me the rat poison, all it was was Sodium Flouride) however sodium flouride is not to be confused with flouride...

sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 12:06 PM
link   
sodium flouride, like sodium chloride (table salt) is a salt. the flouride in sodium flouride IS the same as flouride. they only call it flouride because the sodium part is unimportant.

i agree that the flouride in toothe paste is not harmful as long as your not eating the sh|t it large quantities.

flouride can not be compared to arsenic, botulism, lead, or plutonium in terms of toxicity.

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 12:38 PM
link   
All I can say on flouride in the water is that we don't have it in our area.... the differences? ... there is much more work for dentists in our area than any other part of the country that HAS flouride.... so at least we keep dentists in employment.

Maybe all you antiflouride people are really unemployed dentists? Or victims of dental propaganda????

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 09:24 PM
link   
No, Mandrake, just paranoid people. But the idea of suspecting that we might be unemployed dentists trying to create work is in itself a pretty good conspiracy notion. I like it.

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 04:20 AM
link   
You want a simple answer? SF makes you dumber. You accept your fate, you stop resistance, you give up. And yet you do not realise it.

Feminists are affected the most, because they drink so much FREAKING TEA!

[Edited on 4-11-2002 by Tyler]

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Who Gains?

Business interests gain. Business owners gain. The medical industry gains.The republicans gain.

YOU LOOSE!

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 07:26 AM
link   
bars being closed and the girls on overtime, I thought hard about your pix in the thread, and there is no doubt that Der deutsche Fonz is the best choice of avatar.
Godlike, old chap.

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 07:41 AM
link   
And who else could gain but the manufacturers and the infrastructure-contractors (SF addition involves nifty little upgrade-contracts)?
Reflect, O fellow posters, on the mere chemistry -as organisms we have a worrying dependence on sodium chloride for most cellular activity: babes in their prams (American? baby-carriages?) frequently gurgle at Estragon and ask -in their lisping fashion - "O wise, great, handsome, and temporarily sober, Uncle Estragon, is it not the case that the reaction between potassium chloride and sodium chloride within cells is a bad thing?"
"Quite so, innocent babes,." Estragon replies.
"And is it not the case," they persist -quite unasked - that much psycho-chemistry focuses on the exchange of halogen salts and alkaline elements within the cells?"
"Quite so, inquisitive tots," Estragon retorts.
"So, to dismiss any possibility of SF being a deliberate attempt at dirty deeds would indicate either complicity, a desire to waste ATS forum-space for commercial gain, or the intelligence quotient of a limp lettuce-leaf." The kiddies conclude.
"Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings" Estragon customarily retorts at this point, before - pausing only to administer a friendly buffet to the infants- he proceeds upon his one-man campaign against temperance.

Anything resembling Erlenmeyer-flask-which end do you pour the water in-101: please??

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Glad you like it

[Edited on 4-11-2002 by Tyler]

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 07:45 AM
link   
"Dont forget lithium and psycho-pharmacology," the tots will occasionally shout.
I confess I then tend to leave the bar and set about their nannies, who really should know better.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join