It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which PLANE did Bush claim to have seen on 9/11!!???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by snoopy
No, I would rather you use the same interpretations you use with everything else he says and not make an exception the one time it makes for a good conspiracy story.

I haven't! The only one using a questionable interpretation is you. In your mind, Bush stating that he watched the first plane hit -- something he said quite explicitly on two separate occasions -- becomes something completely different.

I am from the south, too. I grew up in one of the most rural parts of Virginia, on the West Virginia border. I have heard some god-awful southern grammar, all my life. But there's a pattern that holds true: the grammar is always what is incorrect, not the message being conveyed!

When someone says they've seen a plane hit something, do you know what I think they're saying? That they've seen a plane hit something!

And the fact that he's saying something that lends support to our position should signal something for you, not for us. I have no doubt in my mind that you could explain away anything lending support to us, but is it going to change whether you are right or wrong?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Snoopy,

I've figured out what you're problem is (at least one of them). You don't read the post you are referring to.

Once again -and PLEASE THIS TIME READ THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT - you are saying you know a huge percent of the American population who say statements like the following...

I had heard that this plane fly into the first building.

Seriously READ IT AGAIN (or maybe for the first time)

You're pinning your whole argument on this, so you really need to pay attention.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The funny part is so many CTer's jump all over this quote. So, they had a TV on FOX, CNN, NBC, CBS etc.....and he saw on the TV that a plane had hit the tower. And you all ASSUME that he meant he actually saw the video of the first jet hitting. When I refer to a news story that I see on TV, I dont say I HEARD it, I say that I saw that on the news.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
The funny part is so many CTer's jump all over this quote. So, they had a TV on FOX, CNN, NBC, CBS etc.....and he saw on the TV that a plane had hit the tower. And you all ASSUME that he meant he actually saw the video of the first jet hitting. When I refer to a news story that I see on TV, I dont say I HEARD it, I say that I saw that on the news.

I'm starting a petition to get the term "CTer" banned here, because it's a disgusting moniker used to denegrate some one you don't agree with.

So are you also saying that you would say...

I had saw this plane fly into the first building.

or

I had saw that this plane fly into the first building.

because you've stated you wouldn't say

Keeping in mind the first plane had not been shown on ANY TV footage before he walked in the classroom, and the 2nd plane hadn't hit yet.

Just trying to clear things up. Please advise.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
exactly Valhall

No matter how you spin it, it wouldnt make any logical sense to take him other than literally.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
If I was listening to a radio, I would say that I had heard a plane had hit. If I was watching TV, I would say that I saw that a plane had hit.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by snoopy
I can't claim he didn't lie. But to say that he did is a huge leap in logic.

Considering how many times he's been caught lying, there is no leap needed.

And for those who seem to feel a need to provide constant excuses for the man...don't you ever get tired of having to do so?

He said what he said, and if someone thinks they need to reword it in order to allow themselves to believe that it was JUST a gaff, TWICE, then that person may be dealing with a serious denial problem.

As adults,...when we screw up we are expected to take our own responsibility for it, and I for one, see NO REASON why the 'leader' of the entire country should be expected to do any less.

And I've got news for you, for the most part, the rest of the world (those who are not subjected to our U.S. propaganda catapulting media) DON'T BELIEVE HIM EITHER.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
If I was listening to a radio, I would say that I had heard a plane had hit. If I was watching TV, I would say that I saw that a plane had hit.

He didn't say either.

He said

I had saw this plane fly into the first building.

I swear to God you guys are going to read that sentence if I have to post a thousand times in this thread.

[edit on 8-22-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The film by the two Nadet brothers about the NYFD, showing the plane hitting the North Tower, was not played by TV news channels until the day AFTER 9/11. So Bush had to be wrong when he said that he saw the footage on that day, whether he thought it live or not. Now, either he was confused and thought later that he had seen this footage on the same day - a mistake which he repeated - or else he was speaking the truth and DID see it that day, in which case he let the cat out of the bag by referring to Secret Service CCTV feeds set up in anticipation of the crash, i.e he was admitting PRIOR KNOWLEDGE.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join