It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Future of Biometrics, Homeland Security, and the Collapse of the Constitution.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Here is my analysis of a story that I read last night. I posted it on my blog originally but thought that it would provoke an interesting conversation here as well. Let me know what you think.

When does it become too much? What is happening to America's constitution? A recent read of a innovative new technology implemented into a US airport has sparked the question, when does security interfere with our personal lives, thoughts, and overall way of living. I have noticed that throughout the years biometrics has slowly been leaked into the mainstream consumer's life. But how much safer and secure will it make our lives? The new technology ironically enough manufactured by an Israeli based company called "Suspect Detection Systems Ltd.," can supposedly detect passengers with a "Hostile Intent" by asking them a series of random questions and then measuring biometric responses- blood pressure levels, pulse and sweat levels.
So basically it is based off of polygraphic principles. So now we are taking a lie detector test every time we travel!!!!! Now dont get me wrong, I want to feel safe when I travel but in my personal opinion I think this oversteps the bounds of security and starts to intervene with our god given rights as human beings with the ability to have "free thought" I mean think about it, as this type of technology progresses it can be utilized for criminal procedures. For example, imagine if the judicial system implemented a new law that allowed people to be criminal charged for their thoughts!!!! I mean sure I think about kicking a couple (ok maybe a few hundred) of political figures in their fat heads everyday, but it doesnt mean that I would ever carry any of these acts out!! I know what I am saying is a little far fetched at this particular point and time but as time, technology, and mankind evolves so will our methods and procedures. We have become a blood thirsty, information gathering, privacy invading, wiretapping,want to know whats in your cookie jar society...What have we become as a whole? So the main question we have to ask ourselves is, "Is technology helping or hurting humanity"? Just some food for thought. If you want to read the original story that inspired me to write this click on the link below. Peace peoples....

infowars.com...

[edit on 15-8-2006 by BORNLEADER]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
There are a couple threads about this already on the board. Several in fact.

It certainly is disturbing in its implications. Especially when you consider that lie detector tests are not admissable in a court of law. Why should this be any different?

join