It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Loses Track of Original Moon Landing Tapes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
NASA Loses Track of Original Moon Landing Tapes.

WASHINGTON — NASA officials are searching for the original videotapes from the first moon landing in 1969 in the hopes that they can use modern technology to produce sharper images of the event.

The video, including footage of Apollo 11 astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin walking on the moon, was transmitted from the moon to tracking stations in California and Australia.

The images that were then sent to Houston — and seen by the rest of the world — were substantially degraded.

Space program veterans believe the original tracking station recordings are stored somewhere at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md. Telephone calls Monday night to NASA and Goddard spokesmen were not immediately returned.

LINK

What are the odds that this could happen? How can you lose a historical document with such an importance? Does that sound normal to you?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Although I've never really believed the theory that the moonlandings were fake, this is pretty unusual. Perhaps sharper images might reveal something incriminating. Or maybe somebody taped over it to record an episode of the Simpsons.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Already here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And there are a couple of closed repeat threads as well somewhere.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Sorry about that. I've posted 1 hr after the news became public but I see that I've been preceded

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Check this Article out NASA is reporting all of the orignal film is missing!

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Already here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And there are a couple of closed repeat threads as well somewhere.

True dat, yo!

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

join