It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Anaconda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Has anyone got any info on these creatures?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
do you mean the 15 ft variety that everyone sees or the 150+ ft ones they claim live in the Amazon river? Prolly as real as the Platypus or the Okapi.

There have been many sightings of giant Anacondas most of these were reported in the days of Victorian Trophy Hunters, and science gathering explorations up the Amazon, the size of these snakes range from 60 to 120ft. There has been no tangible evidence then and now of there reported cases. Of course that does not mean that monster Anacondas do not exist, The Anaconda carries on growing all its life, so therefore any outsize snakes are more likely to exist in the most remote areas of the Amazon jungle, far away from human habitations, and human interference.
a forum

I know some of the largest cpative snakes in zoos are closer to 30 or 40 ft in length.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I mean the the "mythical" supersized ones that are in the movie anaconda, does anyone have any info on some that could have possibly been REAL

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Today, the biggest snake known to Science is the Reticulated Python. The largest specimen measured around 33ft. In Indonesia, there was supposedly a 49ft Reticulated Python in a zoo, but they have not shown evidence that it REALLY IS 49ft.

A snake known as the Sukuriju, has been reported in the Amazon, reported to be 60ft or more. I made a thread on the CRYPTZOOLOLOGY forum on ATS, you should check it out.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
cool man cheers btw, any chance you could give me the thread ?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's the thread

Its got some links on it, and plenty of info. Its in the Cryptzoology and Mystical creatures thread on ATS.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
thanks again Russian soldier!... whoa...really intriguing info especially the the part about the Belgian soldier that supposedly shot dead a 50ftr which was said to have been ready to strike their helicopter

though to be honest I am skeptical sounds a bit to "movie" style, though there is a cool photo of the snake and it looks enormous if it was in colour and better condition it would give a clearer indication to the true size.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Thinkin about snakes gives me the heeby geebies!!!!

We have them in our pet shop...

Anacondas......

I can't even walk passed them!!!

*shudders*

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by marcopolo
though to be honest I am skeptical sounds a bit to "movie" style...

Perhaps maybe thats because you saw a movie about them before you got interested?

As far as I know, Anaconda's and plenty of other reptiles grow as long as they live. All you'd have to do is get a snake with a certain amount of longevity, and you're all set with a 150ft snake.
There are plenty of other signs and almost sightings of these rather large reptiles, like snake tracks big enough for 3 men to lay down in, shoulder to shoulder.

If you've got any more questions concerning, U2U me. I don't claim to be any sorta expert, but I've got a basic knowledge of Cryptozoology, and it would give me an excuse to do some more research.

Welcome to the world of Cryptozoology my friend.
Enjoy your stay.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
THREE MEN, SHOULDER TO SHOULDER!!!!

top topics

join