It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horned human skull

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I've a pic of a human skull with horns but I can't find any information but this:

Human Skull on Display in French Museum

Philadelphia
Human skulls with horns were discovered in a burial mound at Sayre, Bradford County, Pennsylvania, in the 1880's. Horny projections extended two inches above the eye-brows, and the skeletons were seven feet tall, but other than that were anatomically normal. It was estimated that the bodies had been buried around A.D. 1200. The find was made by a reputable group of antiquarians, including the Pennsylvania state historian and dignitary of the Presbyterian Church (Dr. G.P. Donehoo) and two professors, A.B. Skinner, of the American Investigating Museum, and W.K.Morehead, of Phillips Academy, Andover, Massachusetts. The bones were sent to the American Investigating Museum in Philadelphia, where they were later claimed to have been stolen and have never been seen again.

[edit on 15-8-2006 by Telos]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Please repost a link for this picture

(EDIT: The pic is now there???????
:puz

[edit on 15-8-2006 by thesaint]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Here is the link:

www.burlingtonnews.net...

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Very interesting....

Look at these Skulls

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I don't know how to cause horns to grow, but I know that some countires would deliberately deform the head just to get the shape that was more peasing.
As this doesn't look like normal horns

As you can see, even in the dinohead (which is fossilized) there is some deliniation as horns grow from sockets.

There is no noticeable deliniation in the human skull. The growths would have to be induced.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Coud be a sufferer of a disease, like this woman suffers from:
External Link - Horn Woman

Although the horns in your original picture, look much more developed.
Very strange indeed.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I found these on this site.

Newspaper articles from July 12, 1916, which was a Wednesday.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It could always be a sub-race of Giants, much like the Giants near Lake Eerie that burials were discovered of, whom in local Indian tradition were Giants, and their skeletions measure out to 7 feet tall approx. No horns though.

Could it be that some of the half-human / half-'fallen angel' offspring survived the biblical Flood in North America by going to some of the highest peaks of U.S. mountain ranges, only to be killed later on by the indigenous indians? I mean, certainly we have mounains taller than mount ararat or arafat where Noah ark's supposedly landed.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Look at the skull bone 'sutures' on the original horned human picture - just a straight line. Looks more like a mask than something authentic to me. Real human skulls have very sinuous/irregular looking junctions with other bones.

the elongated skulls are definitely from 'binding' infants heads at birth. Pretty sure the Huns used to do it - it's surprising how malleable to growth modification young humans are. It's the basis of a lot of removable appliances in orthodontics, after all.

TD

new topics

top topics

join