It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are masons really the ones behind all the conspiracy theories?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Most masons I met are far from being the type of people who could be in position to run the world, in fact, many of them are never going to run a lemonaide stand. Perhaps 100 years ago masonry could boast that several senators, presidents, and captains of industries were amongst its ranks, but today most masons are quite frankly nobodies. So are all these conspiracy theories just propagated as an attempt to promote freemasonry? Nobody would want to join the typical masonic lodge just so they could get drunk with a bunch of rednecks unless they were somehow deceived into thinking the lodge was a passport to greater things.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Todays masons are a joke, a shadow of thier former power. As a dying fraternity it wouldn't surprise me that an elite group within masonry would resort to terroristic acts, such as 9/11 as a means to maintain thier control over the population.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
In you post, you are assuming that today's masons "have control over the population." Perhaps out of the thousands of masons world wide, a few of the members happen to be really influential people like high ranking people in government or industry. Of these few influential people, how many of them are active and loyal masons and how many of them are people who once showed up to a few meeting but have never set foot inside a lodge in years? My guess most of the truly influential people belong to the latter group, meaning that freemasonry has no significant control over people whatoever.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
In you post, you are assuming that today's masons "have control over the population." Perhaps out of the thousands of masons world wide, a few of the members happen to be really influential people like high ranking people in government or industry. Of these few influential people, how many of them are active and loyal masons and how many of them are people who once showed up to a few meeting but have never set foot inside a lodge in years? My guess most of the truly influential people belong to the latter group, meaning that freemasonry has no significant control over people whatoever.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
HPUM- To answer your question as simple as I can - "NO"

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by corsig
HPUM- To answer your question as simple as I can - "NO"

With all due respect, I think I should clarify myself. I don't think that all Masons or the organization of Masonry as a whole is concocting the conspiracy theories as part of a well organized marketing campaign. Individual masons, however, happen to be very proud of the prominant people they share an association with. It does not seem like much of a leap of imagination for a mason who boasts about being a "brother" to former Presidents, senators, business leaders, etc. to claim that all these people happen to be working together under the umbrella of masonry concocting grand schemes. It makes that person feel special to say such things and to believe such things, and subsequently creates a mystique to freemasonry which makes it appealing to the prospective member.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
Todays masons are a joke, a shadow of thier former power. As a dying fraternity it wouldn't surprise me that an elite group within masonry would resort to terroristic acts, such as 9/11 as a means to maintain thier control over the population.

Do you have any terrorist acts in particular in mind other than the murder of several thousand innocent civilians? Perhaps you are suggesting that some (masonic) members of ATS are behind 9/11? I'm not sure to what depth you are slandering and insulting me here, and I'd be grateful if you could elaborate.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
All of the Masonic Conspiracy theories are beyond ridiculous. The whole Masonic conspiracy theory is derived from a bunch of people, generally "Christian" fundamentalists, who want anything that does not coincide with their beliefs destroyed.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
All of the Masonic Conspiracy theories are beyond ridiculous. The whole Masonic conspiracy theory is derived from a bunch of people, generally "Christian" fundamentalists, who want anything that does not coincide with their beliefs destroyed.

I think religious fundamentalists dislike masonry because it competes with churches for people's money and energy. Both churches and masonic lodges offer similar services to their members like the opportunity to make friends and join a community. Churches may feel that the masons are recruiting lonely people to their benefit. People who belong to both churches and masonic lodges are going to divide their discretionary income between the two rather than give all than give all that money to the church.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman
Perhaps you are suggesting that some (masonic) members of ATS are behind 9/11? I'm not sure to what depth you are slandering and insulting me here, and I'd be grateful if you could elaborate.

Did you do it?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I think that you should turn off your computer, dude. It's for the best.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This world is so boring with no conspiracy!

However the fact is there is a conspiracy eerywhere. In the workd place there is always some unfair networking deal happening and the higher the chain you go up the bigger the deal is etc. I am sure networking and "favors" happen in all walks of life and so what. You could find the same thing deep in the church.

[edit on 16-8-2006 by masonite]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I'm kinda curious... what is 'unfair' about networking?

People meet people... they gain trust and confidence in them... learn what they can do... strengths and weaknesses... isn't that how 'society' works?

Or are you bitter about some job or promotion you didn't get, because the guy hiring knew the other candidate, and hired them over you? I don't know you, but I'd freely admit that I'd shy away from hiring someone with the personality that would allow them to bad-mouth a group, without really knowing much about them. Call me crazy...

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   

oh yes..it is some Christian fundamental thing... :bnghd:

let me correct you:

www.missionislam.com...

hmm Islamic fundamentalists are part of the Christian attack on masonry???????

there are a lot of people who think and feel whatever about this issue and they are NOT all Christians...

STOP generalising!

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777

oh yes..it is some Christian fundamental thing... :bnghd:

let me correct you:

www.missionislam.com...

hmm Islamic fundamentalists are part of the Christian attack on masonry???????

there are a lot of people who think and feel whatever about this issue and they are NOT all Christians...

STOP generalising!

I will readily agree with you that it is not "only" Christian fundamentalists who attack masonry.

But if you read the past treads around here, you might be willing to consede that there is a lot of venum from the ultra fundamentists. Many of the anti-mason sites quoted here are authored (according to the credits that are posted on the quoted site) by "christian" groups. So far the link you posted is the first I've seen here from a nonchristian orginization. Many of the objections that I have read here boil down to "a belief in Christ, as the one true saviour", is not required to be a mason.

Personally I take it as a complament that fanatics (not all fundamentalists are fanatics, nor is that my point) do not appriciate the work masons do in accepting ALL men of good characture, teaching the universal brotherhood of man, encouraging men to not only be the best person that they can be but also to do good. And above all, I'm sure that when we encourage people to worship their own god in their own way, (rather in the god that the fanatice believes in, and in the way they require) it drives the fanatics crazy.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
pfft!!

Masons are mirrors for ALL fundamentalists...they are a RELIGION too...so its all pretty much the same ole same ole...

It is just another religion with the same #e, only the depth varies...oh lets not do the whole brotherhood of man thingo...its so boring. It is so self preserving.

and what makes me roll on the floor and laugh my butt off is the fact that IT is a By-product of a bastardized CHRISTIANITY...

what a joke!!

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm glad to provide the laugh NJE. To quot Readers Digest "Laughter is the best medicine"

Masonry was in all liklyhood (depending on which researcher you believe) founded by christians. But the only religious requirment we have is a belief in a supreme being. Who it is and how you worship is NEVER the business of masonry. In fact we are bared from discussing it, muchless attempt to convert anyone.

There are masons of all relgions, or faiths if you prefer.

I'm unawair of any conflicts between the teachings of masonry and any of the major religons.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   

STOP generalising!

For a lack of a better term HOLY COW - you're telling us to stop generalizing when this whole message board is based on some guys linking the whole Masonic fraternity to pedaphiles and terriorists.

You should really stop and take a look around here and then tell me who should stop generalizing.

The Masons on this board have been very gentle to the constant abuse we get.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by corsig

STOP generalising!

For a lack of a better term HOLY COW - you're telling us to stop generalizing when this whole message board is based on some guys linking the whole Masonic fraternity to pedaphiles and terriorists.

My ORIGINAL point focused on Christians being targeted as the ones against masonry. That is the generalising I refer to.

If you have a problem with people generalising about the abovementioned then address it with the people who institute it if and when the issue arises. Two wrongs don't make a right. They do it so we do it!

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The simple fact is that fundamentalist Christians are the source of most of the anti-Masonry that has occurred throughout history, and that continues to occur today. Nowadays they are also joined by certain conspiracy theorists, but they are still the largest contingent of critics of Freemasonry, largely due to their belief that the fraternity is somehow in religious "competition" with their own churches.

To call Masonry a mirror for fundamentalism is absurd. Freemasonry is concerned with inclusion and tolerance, rather than exclusion and condemnation. This is the very thing that we are criticised by Christians for!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join