It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran will reject UN nuke resolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
In a speech in Tehran today the Iranian president said Iran would not accept
the UN resolution. Here is the article:
Iranian president says to refuse UN nuke resolution

news.xinhuanet.com...

Special report: Iran Nuclear Crisis

TEHRAN, Aug. 15 (Xinhua) -- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Tuesday that his country would not accept a UN Security Council resolution which asking Iran to suspend uranium enrichment work before Aug. 31.

"They cannot use a resolution to oppose us, and they should understand that Iranian people do not give in to language of force," Ahmadinejad told a huge crowd in Iran's northwest province of Ardebil. Enditem

Editor: Wang Yan

I wonder what this will set the stage for next, I think its going to be an interesting
week.

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Either the UN will try to stop them, or they'll hope some country like the USA will do it so they can bitch about how it was done. Same old pattern as usual.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I watched this guy on the 60 minutes interview. It just made me fear Iran more then I already did. IF they really wanted electrical power, why dont they use solar energy. Most of thier country is desert anyway. So I dont buy his excuse.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
I watched this guy on the 60 minutes interview. It just made me fear Iran more then I already did. IF they really wanted electrical power, why dont they use solar energy. Most of thier country is desert anyway. So I dont buy his excuse.

You're gotta be kidding. USA have as much as Iran has deserts for solar energy so why don't we get rid of our nuclear centrals to solar energy? It would be much safer. But do you know why we didn't do that? Because it's too much expansive. If they really wanted to ``nuke`` Israël, they would have done so when Hezbollah attacked Israël.

Also, I'm still waiting for the proof of a nuclear weapon program as I waited for proof of REAL working WMD in Iraq.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR

Watt for watt solar energy is more expensive the a nucluer power and thats including all the mining and processing of raw material as well.

There was a comparason done on British TV program showing the cost over 10 years for nucluer, Solar, wind etc... enegy and nucluer is one of the cheepest the is. And not only that it also provides 24 hour energy unlike Solar energ and even using deep-cycle batteries for storage it still won't help. And by the way deep-cycle batteries are incredibly expensive and when you combine deep-cycle batteries + Solar pannels there is no way it will be cost effective.

And Iran has a huge untapped Uranium deposites in its country that are not being used. Why burn oil when you have thousands of tonns of Uranium in your country gathering dust.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
"All your WMD are belong to us!"

One thing is for sure, the leaders in all states are making huge profits from oil. What drives the price higher? Speculation of war

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
You know I don't think the Iranian leadership cares what the world thinks. In
his threats against the US and Britain they seem to believe we are all wrong
and they are all right, because they have god on their side. They have oil
that they can use to get leverage on us if they need to, they have Russia/North
Korea/Syria as allies, and now possibly a nuclear weapon to threaten
Isreal with. What can we do to them?
I bet I know what Israel will do if they announce they have the capability to
produce a nuclear bomb, I think Irsael will go after their nuclear facilities
and take them out.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I watched the speech on CNN. He also said something along the lines of: (not exactly)

if the west cannot accept our right to development, then WE WILL make them.

With what? throwing 'peaceful' uranium rods at our nuclear submarines? Oooh No I suppose the mighty Iranian air force will wipe out New York. The Revolutionary guards have just kicked down the door of number 10

He has nuclear weapons. Its written all over his face, he was doing the patriotic hitler type speech. We are now a superpower! When the US/UK and Israel and finished with them, they will be back in the stone age.

[edit on 15-8-2006 by Peyres]

[edit on 15-8-2006 by Peyres]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Here is what they say they will do if the UN imposes sanctions on them.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by u4itornot
Here is what they say they will do if the UN imposes sanctions on them.
The consequences

Iran declares that if economic sanctions are imposed, it will suspend sales of oil on international markets, pushing the price of the barrel up to 200 USD. On Sunday, Gholam-Ali Haddad-Adel the speaker of the Majlis (Parliament) declared that if Iran is deprived of its rights to continue with its peaceful energy programme, then “There will be no reason for us to remain a member of the international bodies and IAEA”.

Declaring that “the balance between rights and duties should be observed in international organizations,” he stated that Teheran will not suspend its enrichment programme, describing this as “an inalienable right under international law”.

Timothy BANCROFT-HINCHEY

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'm still trying to find a transcript (in english) of his speech. Any help much appreciated

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Here is the link to where I found the quote I posted.
english.pravda.ru...

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
What? U.N. resolutions not working? WHAT?! IT'S CRAZY!

Jesus give me a break. Can we dismantle this United Nations bull#? Please? That's such a load of crap. They never accomplish anything. Oh hey let's take a vote to the U.N. on whether we should go into Iraq. Oh..they oppose it. So where are we again? OH! That's right! IRAQ! Hey let's go to the U.N. to make North Korea stop launching rockets..wait..they said they're not going to stop? Crazy again! Hey I know! Let's take Iran to the U.N.!! Wait..huh? Iran isn't going to stop? Wow..strike three! Just for fun..lets put this bull# "cease-fire" in there. Yeah how long is that gonna last? Seriously..?

It's funny how much the U.N. DOESNT accomplish. Let's face it..diplomacy doesn't work with countries like Iran and North Korea. They don't care. How retarded are we really to believe the U.N. does good?

But back to the topic..this isnt a shock. Iran was going to do this anyway. This makes me really believe they have something planned for August 22nd. Maybe they have nukes, maybe they dont. But I think regaurdless, they probably have an attack planned.

And just to talk about the nuclear energy real quick..don't they control alot of oil? Why do they need nuclear energy? Just a thought..

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by u4itornot

Iran declares that if economic sanctions are imposed, it will suspend sales of oil on international markets, pushing the price of the barrel up to 200 USD.

My term for this stance is "Ghaddaffiesque".

It's a portmanteau of "Ghaddafi" and "Kafka-esque."

Ghaddafi would frequently make threats against the west that would have the effect of making his own citizens FORCE him into ever more extreme action and rhetoric. He would later be forced by domestic politics to rachet up his belligerance toward the west.

Saddam had this, too. I believe that Saddam FAKED evidence of WMD, not to impress the west, but to impress his own people. It has come out in his trial that he orchestrated some of the WMD fingerprints, so that his generals would believe that Iraq truly was a world power, and able to stand up to the US/UK.

Apparently, on the eve of war, he may have had is sons driving around in the western desert, and talking on cellphones about how "my column of heavy water tank-trucks is approaching the super-secret laboratory. Qussai, open the gates" and that sort of thing . . .

Ahmedinajad is becoming Ghaddafiesque

Iran has to import gasoline daily. It doesn't have any refining capacity, just pumping ability. And practically their only source of foreign income is oil sales.

If there is ONE THREAT this Iranian regime has no intention of carrying out, it's to cut off their own (only) paychecks.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Sanctions might work. In addition to the fact that they don't have any refining capacity, the world is about 4% dependent on Iranian oil, but Iran is 100% dependent on Iranian oil.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
If there is ONE THREAT this Iranian regime has no intention of carrying out, it's to cut off their own (only) paychecks.

So basically we call their bluff, test their pride ect? I'm just worried that if we do call the bluff and Iran isnt up to the task truely of going on their word of stopping oil exports that they will do something drastic to save face.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Iran not accepting the resolution is a complete no brainer. i wish that there was some sort of monetary bet going on because i would feel very confident as to how i would wage my money. With that said, i saw the 60 minutes interview too. i think the iranian president was very intelligent and had a very calming presence. he was like a cuddly teddy bear. i almost admired the fact that iran had a president that could off handly speak so poised and intellectual. where as president bush, isnt that great of a speaker in my opinon, and rarely comes off being very scholarly.
but then i see the iranian president go up on that podium and speak to his people and its like a complete 180. he still speaks very intelligently, but the whole teddy bear thing goes right down the toliet. and he comes off very radical.

im not a person that has hated president bush, in fact when i turned 18 and had my first chance to vote, i voted for him, and in the last election i voted him in for his second term. but now, im seeing things that are a bit sketchy about him and the way are government handles certian things. im definatly not a micheal moore or cindi shehan fan, but i will say im paying careful attention now. but i do think iranian president tom, is a very dangerous man, and i feel sorry for the iranian peoples lack of representation. and dont get me started on the U.N. they are united in scandal and that is about it

Cherrio!
Digitalgrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

top topics

join