It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Hezbollah and Isreal fighting?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I see everyday new news about these two countries that are fighting right now. but what i dont understand is why. i listen to all the news casts and i read the news online almost everyday. but i never heard ( in the beginning ) why they began fighting in the first place.
does it have anything to do with us. i know that we back isreal... i think.
i am not that into political things and worldnews. but i am trying to get more caught up and know more about what is going on with our world.

i went thru a stage where i banned watching any thing that had to do with the war and news of horrible things, ( and thats pretty much what the news talks about all the time. ) so i quit watching it. , but i am over that now.

so i need to be caught up.
if you could please help me , it would be great.

im out
-mindtrip02

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Because Hezbollah are Lebanese Muslim terrorists.
Like all Muslim terrorists their stated goal is to kill every person in Israel as well as killing as many Americans as possible-don't believe me-look at the goals of Hezbollah-murder/death/killing.

Hezbollah has made a habit of sending rockets and such across into Israel-which, of course, gets a military response from Israel-I mean how DARE Israel fight the murdering terrorists that are attacking them

Further, Lebanon gov has made the terrorists part of their government-and they wonder why no one respects a government with terrorist as members

Further, the Lebanese government does NOTHING to stop these terrorist-NOTHING!!!!

Since no one else in the world is going to do anything, as usual, it is up to Israel to defend itself from the murdering Lebanese terrorits

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Because Hezbollah are Lebanese Muslim terrorists.
Like all Muslim terrorists their stated goal is to kill every person in Israel as well as killing as many Americans as possible-don't believe me-look at the goals of Hezbollah-murder/death/killing.

Hezbollah has made a habit of sending rockets and such across into Israel-which, of course, gets a military response from Israel-I mean how DARE Israel fight the murdering terrorists that are attacking them

Further, Lebanon gov has made the terrorists part of their government-and they wonder why no one respects a government with terrorist as members

Further, the Lebanese government does NOTHING to stop these terrorist-NOTHING!!!!

Since no one else in the world is going to do anything, as usual, it is up to Israel to defend itself from the murdering Lebanese terrorits

That is an extremely ignorent point of view, as well as racist.

You must first, do some research into why this conflicted started. After WWII, the UN gave the Jewish people lands in the Gaza Strip, forcing arabs off their land that they've lived on for 500 odd-years. Israel, then occupied many other area's with military control, as well as tons of checkpoints that cause the Palestinian people, as well as many other arabs, quite a lot of stress.

Hezbollah are fighting for their freedoms back. When Israeli's are attacked, they aren't being attacked on their own turf. They don't have turf in the Gaza strip, as it all belongs to the arabs. Even so, the attacks aren't even on Israeli lands, most of them are on Israeli OCCUPIED lands.

Just do some research into it. The American media is extremely one-sided.

A great way to get caught up on the matters, would be to watch this film:
video.google.com...

[edit on 15-8-2006 by alpha_omega]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
They said it was because Hezbollah came over and kidnapped two of Israels soldiers refused to give them back. Time past, discussion past, they just refused. So what were Israel to do sit back and say, " its ok do as you wish to our men." i think not.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
They said it was because Hezbollah came over and kidnapped two of Israels soldiers refused to give them back. Time past, discussion past, they just refused. So what were Israel to do sit back and say, " its ok do as you wish to our men." i think not.

this was around the same time that Israel denied a peace treaty from the prime minister of Palestine.

The two soldiers is not some random event. It's one event in the chain of back and forth actions since the 1950's.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
so they denied the treaty big deal that still does not give hezbollah the right to kidnapped those soldiers. israel has done so much leaving and giving up their land to them everytime something like this happens.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   

That is an extremely ignorent point of view, as well as racist.

You must first, do some research into why this conflicted started. After WWII, the UN gave the Jewish people lands in the Gaza Strip, forcing arabs off their land that they've lived on for 500 odd-years. Israel, then occupied many other area's with military control, as well as tons of checkpoints that cause the Palestinian people, as well as many other arabs, quite a lot of stress.

Hezbollah are fighting for their freedoms back. When Israeli's are attacked, they aren't being attacked on their own turf. They don't have turf in the Gaza strip, as it all belongs to the arabs. Even so, the attacks aren't even on Israeli lands, most of them are on Israeli OCCUPIED lands.

Actually YOUR ignorance is really disturbing.

Check a histroy book!

After WWII, the Un wanted to creat a safe area for the Jewish people who were attacked and murdered by the Nazi's-think cross between lebanese and Muslim terrorits/murder's

The land was orginally Israel created by Jewish people-Yes, it was Israel before anyone/anything else-basic history which gets beyond some members.

Anyways, after WWII, the land was owened and controlled by England.
England gave the land to the UN to creat a safe state for the jewish people, Israel was REBORN.

Musliums did not really care, untill the built farms, found water and built cites and such-then they dcided they wanted all this-
claiming it was their land

You see, people in that part of the world-are just nut cases.

Listen to what the pres of Iran says-likk all jews, the holicost never happend, wipe Israel off the face of the earth/map.

Thoses are the kind of ANIMALS Israel has to deal with.

[edit on 8/15/2006 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   

so they denied the treaty big deal that still does not give hezbollah the right to kidnapped those soldiers. israel has done so much leaving and giving up their land to them everytime something like this happens.

Are you kidding me? Israel occupied the bottom 1/4th of Lebanon for quite a while, including now. Is it too much to ask for to have the Israeli military withdraw their tanks from the streets of your cities? They've given land? More like they took it. Who's right was it for the UN to give Israel the lands in the Gaza Strip anyway? Not to mention, who's right is it for Israel to put tanks and soldiers in the surrounding countries?

Israel denying a peace treaty just proves, that they are only contributing to the problem. There are chances for peace, although Israel isn't taking the steps to fulfill it.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Actually YOUR ignorance is really disturbing.

Check a histroy book!

After WWII, the Un wanted to creat a safe area for the Jewish people who were attacked and murdered by the Nazi's-think cross between lebanese and Muslim terrorits/murder's

The land was orginally Israel created by Jewish people-Yes, it was Israel before anyone/anything else-basic history which gets beyond some members.

Anyways, after WWII, the land was owened and controlled by England.
England gave the land to the UN to creat a safe state for the jewish people, Israel was REBORN.

Musliums did not really care, untill the built farms, found water and built cites and such-then they dcided they wanted all this-
claiming it was their land

You see, people in that part of the world-are just nut cases.

Listen to what the pres of Iran says-likk all jews, the holicost never happend, wipe Israel off the face of the earth/map.

Thoses are the kind of ANIMALS Israel has to deal with.

You're making it out to be that all Muslim's and arabs are terrorists and murderers. Seriously, how more ignorent, can you get?

Yes, the Jewish people had a state in the Gaza many many years ago. In 1517 was it? The Ottomon Empire took over. They lost that land when defeated by the British in 1917, and whenever you lose land, you always want it back. Now England only owned that land, although arabs still occupied it. That changed when Israel became a state in 1948. After not living their for 400 years, how do they still have the right to that land? The arabs who are there, are looking at it as a 60 year gap. Their grandparents can tell them of a time when Israel wasn't there. Of course they are going to still be furious.

Israel calls for the destruction of Lebanon. Who's wanting to destroy who? They want to "steamroll Lebanon and add to their state."

Have you even seen how Israel treats it's surrounding countries and people?! They are creating a holocaust of their own.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by alpha_omega

Are you kidding me? Israel occupied the bottom 1/4th of Lebanon for quite a while, including now. Is it too much to ask for to have the Israeli military withdraw their tanks from the streets of your cities? They've given land? More like they took it. Who's right was it for the UN to give Israel the lands in the Gaza Strip anyway? Not to mention, who's right is it for Israel to put tanks and soldiers in the surrounding countries?

Israel denying a peace treaty just proves, that they are only contributing to the problem. There are chances for piece, although Israel isn't taking the steps to fulfill it.

Yes it is too much to ask Israel to leave their own land. Thats like someone coming in too my house and telling me to get out im living here now. Its their land. PERIOD!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by alpha_omega

Israel denying a peace treaty just proves, that they are only contributing to the problem. There are chances for piece, although Israel isn't taking the steps to fulfill it.

Omega,

What you fail to mention is WHY Israel occupied 1/4 of lebanon-it was to go after and stop the lebanese terrorits attacking Israel-history books people!!!

IF the Lebanese terrorits had not attacked their neighboring country, ity would not have been invaded-Just because us lebanese terrorits attack Israel-especially targeting civillians-how dare they send their military to stop us murdering terrorits

As for the Gaza strip-IT WAS NEVER PALISTAINIANS_EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was part of Joran, the last time it teamed up with 3-4 other muslium countries and tried to wipe out Israel, so the UN did not give that land to Israel. Israel took the land in battle and maintained it as a buffer zone from the attacking muslium hoards.

BTW, Israel unilaterally gave back some land next to it and what the musliums did was run up to the new boarder and start shoting guns and rockets into Israel-so we can see, that land is not the issue and giving musliums land, only allows them to attack from closer than they are now.

If sorrounding countries did nopt attack Israel-especially targeting it's civillians, there would be no Isrealy troops in sourrounding countries-i know details, details

Israel's problem with the joke of a peace treaty is:
1) it does not call or provide to disarm the lebanese terroits-hezbolla
2)it does not call or provide to remove the lebanese terrorits from near Israel
3)it does nothing to prevent their master-Iran and Syria from rearming the terrorits and this will happen again in a few monthe to a few years

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
could you guys post somehting that is related to all the conflicting stories.

i do agree and know this though" all the people over there ARE nut cases"
i thought it had somehting to do with the 2 soldiers too. why were they taken in the first place?

im out
-mindtrip02

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   

You're making it out to be that all Muslim's and arabs are terrorists and murderers. Seriously, how more ignorent, can you get?

Yes, the Jewish people had a state in the Gaza many many years ago. In 1517 was it? The Ottomon Empire took over. They lost that land when defeated by the British in 1917, and whenever you lose land, you always want it back. Now England only owned that land, although arabs still occupied it. That changed when Israel became a state in 1948. After not living their for 400 years, how do they still have the right to that land? The arabs who are there, are looking at it as a 60 year gap. Their grandparents can tell them of a time when Israel wasn't there. Of course they are going to still be furious.

Israel calls for the destruction of Lebanon. Who's wanting to destroy who? They want to "steamroll Lebanon and add to their state."

Have you even seen how Israel treats it's surrounding countries and people?! They are creating a holocaust of their own.

The answer to your simple question is Lebanese crossed the border into Israel and killed several army men, distroyee a small base and kidnapped 2 more--Anyone with 2 funtioning braincells would call that a terrorist act.

Furthermore, any country attacked in that way would of course , respond back-D'UH

Now, for the lier-I NEVER said in my post ALL lebanese/Musliums are terrorists-show me the quote! You cannot because you are lieing!!!! You Direct lieing is against ATS TAC and a complaint has been sent to deal with your lieing.

Show me where Israel calls for the destrution of Lebanon-you can't-it never happened!

Now as for the lebabese terrorits, look at their stated goals-murder every Isreali man/woman and child-look it up-basic history people!

Had lebanese citizens not attacked Isreali military, it would not have been attacked in return.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mindtrip02
could you guys post somehting that is related to all the conflicting stories.

i do agree and know this though" all the people over there ARE nut cases"
i thought it had somehting to do with the 2 soldiers too. why were they taken in the first place?

im out
-mindtrip02

They were taken to start this war. They wanted war.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

The answer to your simple question is Lebanese crossed the border into Israel and killed several army men, distroyee a small base and kidnapped 2 more--Anyone with 2 funtioning braincells would call that a terrorist act.

Furthermore, any country attacked in that way would of course , respond back-D'UH

Now, for the lier-I NEVER said in my post ALL lebanese/Musliums are terrorists-show me the quote! You cannot because you are lieing!!!! You Direct lieing is against ATS TAC and a complaint has been sent to deal with your lieing.

Show me where Israel calls for the destrution of Lebanon-you can't-it never happened!

Now as for the lebabese terrorits, look at their stated goals-murder every Isreali man/woman and child-look it up-basic history people!

Had lebanese citizens not attacked Isreali military, it would not have been attacked in return.

First off... how old are you? I feel as though I'm talking to a small child with all of the !!! and claiming someone is lying, not lieing, D'UH's, and caps. I can't believe you reported me for being an intelligent human.

First off, that sentence doesn't even make sense. Half of it is not spelled correctly. The part that comes to mind is "Lebanese and Muslim terrorists/murderer's." That's a rash generalization considering that the same thoughts can be applied to the Israeli people. Realize that you stated Lebanese and Muslim terrorists/murderer's. That implies that you feel a certain way about the Lebanese people. Did I lie? No.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
From what I have learned....

Isreal did leave some of its land and gave it up. All this to make peace.
But then got shelled and soilders kidnapped.

Is this correct ?

[edit on 15-8-2006 by R3KR]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
From what I have learned....

Isreal did leave some of its land and gave it up. All this to make peace.
But then got shelled and soilders kidnapped.

Is this correct ?

Well... if I'm correct, they didn't give up their own land, more or so moved out of occupied areas that they controlled with military force. Occupied regions, and Israeli lands are two completely different things.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I have posted this elsewhere but it;'s important to remember the kidnapping of the two Israeli soldiers was originally reported by two respected news wires as follows:

The initial report filed by Agence France-Presse (AFP) actually said that "According to the Lebanese police force, the two Israeli soldiers were captured in Lebanese territory, in the area of Aitaa al-Chaab, near to the border with Israel, where an Israeli unit had penetrated in middle of morning."

The Associated Press (AP) gave the same version on July 12: "The militant group Hizbollah captured two Israeli soldiers during clashes Wednesday across the border in southern Lebanon, prompting a swift reaction from Israel, which sent ground forces into its neighbour to look for them. The forces were trying to keep the soldiers' captors from moving them deeper into Lebanon, Israeli government officials said on condition of anonymity."

so don't necessarily assume it was a cross border Raid. Israel have been making incursions into Lebanon ever since Ehud Barak withdraw the Israeli occupying forces during his tenure. Hizbollah originated as an organsation as a response to Israeli Occupation of Lebanon during the 1980s.

Very many of the early postings on this thread are inaccurate and wildly distorted.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
so the 2 soldiers that were kidnapped was just a small part of what had to do with the war that was started? there must have been other things going on than just that. we have had many people kidnapped , and just over kidnapping we have never started a war. ( unless its like the president or presidents family of somehting) and even then i dont know if that would spark a war.

this must have been going on for quite some time,... right ?

im out
-mindtrip02

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Its like the straw that broke the camels back. Sometimes, you just explode you have put up with too much. Honestly, 2000 years of fighting then peace then fighting then peace then losing land and gaining land. My guess its tiring.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join