It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should the US do about Iran?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   

What should the US do about Iran?

I'll turn that question back at you:

What should Iran do with the US ?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil
It seems like the only answer you're really interested in hearing is:
"Bomb em!"

So...

Bomb 'em?

Right on!!
That's what EVERYBODY wants to hear, what?
But, that's rather simplistic to say the least.
Israel got a bloody nose recently, which was most unexpected. This put American plans into the shredder.

The Hezbs are still alive and kicking and that's not what the Americans wanted. Their plans have gone awry.

So the bottom line, I feel, is There's Going To Be NO Iran Campaign in the near future.

Sorry to disappoint the war mongers here!!

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Maybe the west should learn from it's mistakes in the past, which have lead to most if not all of the current problems in the middle east, and leave them and the rest of the world alone.

Divide and conquer is getting a bit dated now. Lets try and support peace instead of arming one side against another, then attacking them, then vice versa and so on and so on............

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
To these people who compare iran to nazi germany..what ahjabed(whatever his name is) said was.. that israel/zionism is a racist movement, like aphartied S.Africa or facism, it's an illegitamate regime because it only represent jews and not the indeginous palestinians..therefore it should be abolished..so he calls the americans/israelis facist and you say he's like hitler..

funny hitler didn't start exterminating all those jews until america started carpet bombing his country, the jews and others had been placed in concentation camps like those japanese people the americans had put in concentration camps, stalin exterminated more people than hitler, anyone who was deemed as a potential threat was killed, after all it was world war and 50million people killed..i guess if japan had been carpet bombing la and sanfrancisco the americans would have killed all those japs in their concentration camps..i knew this belium guy who just died, during wwii all there was to eat for him was potato skins, the german accupiers could hardly feed the belgiums much less the jews in concentration camps..so maybe hitler wasn't really that bad and he was just another world leader during the world war, not really anymore evel than the americans or the iranians..

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   
undecided

well , the problem is
I don't think you'd GET , my response. [ no condescention intended ]

let's just say, it's not a typical comment.
so the only clue I'll give is;

insidious manipulations.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The only way Iran will ever be a threat to the US is if the US attacks Iran. Iran know they can't hurt the US in a conventional war so they have a 50,000+ unit of martyrs who are probably walking amongst you and I today as we go about our everyday business just waiting for the word to unleash hell.

Then you will see 9/11 type events on a daily/weekly/monthly basis for years to come unless the US shipped every single person who didn't look like they were raised on moms apple pie back to wherever their grandparents came from or locked them up in internment camps.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by undecided2
With August 22 (the next "end of the world" prediction) quickly approaching, I was curious with what everyone thought about this subject. I believe there's an active thread discussing the "staged" Israel/Hezbollah war and how it's being used as a precursor to attack Iran. Of course most of you talk about how horrible the Bush administration is and how poorly it's handled almost everything. So, what's your answer to this question? Ahmadinejad has openly stated that Israel should be wiped off the map, and he believes he is in power to bring about the end of the world (in so many words). We've tried bribery, I mean diplomacy, and I don't believe that will ultimately work with this guy. So, what next?

Its a very scary ordeal for the world. Every year more and more minor countries forward their nuclear armanments programs. The question is how will these countries even be able to be controlled if they have nuclear weapons?

Iran and countries like Korea seem to be waiting for us to make a move. The question what move can we make against them when they have such distructive weapons in their arsonal? Yes we could wipe Iran off the face of the map but how much damage would they do with their new nucelar capabilities before we did?

Ya militarly these countries dont even stand a chance but how many lives have the potentail to be lost in these conflicts.

I wouldnt want to be isreal right about now all they have done is pissed off alot of these primarly islamic millitant nations. Yes terrrisom is worth stopping but when emerging nuclear capable countries fall behind these groups does it become one big giant mess of beaded glass. One ever our own country has no ability to stop.

The only thing the US has going for it atm is geography and is a very ver scary notion. No the next war for these smaller countries will be about body count not military conquest. Even Hitler while completly genocidal in his actions put military targets a bit higher than these emerging nuclear countries seem to. A megaton explosion in a city like New York would mean millions of lives lost in an instant.

It took Hitler several years to kill as many as he did. For the same death toll today it would only take a matter of seconds. Of course if he had nukes he would have used them but that just goes to show how much more distructive the weapons of the 21st century have become.

All it would take would be one dictator with an itchy trigger finger to start the next world war. Civilion casualties would be astronomical than anything we have ever seen in the entire history of great wars.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I don't think we should do anything. I think we should mind our own buisness like we should have with Iraq. People don't want to go after a Major superpower like us unless we give them a reason to i.e. install a democracy that doesn't want one. If they want democracy, let them gain it like we did. Civil war. Do we want Armegeddon? Is that our goal? Cause it doesn't take a 5th grader to see that our plan to liberate the Mid-east is not working. Why start in with Iran when we can't finish what we started with Iraq. Mission Accomplished! Yeah Right!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join