It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacking computer voting machines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Is it possible?

The Diebold voting machines have come under scrutiny ever since they were introduced, mainly because it is easier to illegally move electrons than forge tens of millions of slips of paper. But is this guy for real?

[url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marty-kaplan/how-to-hack-a-diebold-vot_b_26301.html]>VIDEO

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Oh yes, its very possible, there are numerous security vunerabilities with the machines.

Check out this article

A simple switch, to boot the machine from Flash memory ->

[edit on 15-8-2006 by melem]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Yes yes. You have to flick that switch, and then stick a USB into a slot to the right of it, if you can't see the video properly. It's not working for me anymore.

Here's a quote from the video site. I finally bothered to read the comments

Several years ago, NPR did a live on-air demonstration where a computer programming expert walked the show's host, a computer ignoramus, through the steps required to change election results and then exit the system without leaving any signs that someone had been in it. I will never forget it. I don't remember the date this show aired but it was a Saturday morning and I was in my car running errands. I almost had a wreck. I had to pull over in a parking lot to finish listening.

It is inconceivable to me that Americans will allow electronic elections to be held this November without the accountability of a paper trail. We should be shouting down the walls over this.

I am amazed that Americans have allowed their voting process' to go this far. Paper ballots are the best.

Oldies are always the goldies.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
For a long time I've said theres no point voting because its already decided before hand who is gonna win...I have my reasons

Anyway, here is a link to a video where the programmer of the touch screen voting system swears in front of a court that embedded in his software is code that actually allows the owner to decide the outcome of the vote "undetectably"

Clinton Curtis, a computer programmer in charge of writing electronic ballot software, gives testimonial before the House Judiciary. At the behest of Rep. Tom Feeney, in September 2000, he was asked to write a program for a touchscreen voting machine that would make it possible to change the results of an election undetectably.

www.spikedhumor.com...

There has been sooo many instances and inconsitencies in previous elections that too me, I find it obvious that they are pre-planned.

Yo masons, wink wink*

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I agree, electronic voting is not safe enough to be used. The system needs more development.

I can't find the link to the movie you posted, but you may want to check out this short film, its a chimpanzee hacking the machine
)

Video: Chimpanzee hacks Diebold audit log

top topics

join