It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anton LaVey & The Church of Satan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
And how nice is it to attempt to pull as many people as possible, deeper into the IRON JAWS of Samsara?

About Jehovah/Yahowah VS Javhe/Yahweh:

Jahve

YHVH: Jahve- we have explained already the difference between the Arch-Demon/fallen Boddhisatva and his Inner Monad which has fled from him due to his evil actions.
YHVH: Jehovah or Yod-Chava- the Monad that rules over the Moon, Jesod, Eden. Jehovah is also symbolic of our own particular Supra-Monad. That is, Kether-Chockmah-Binah (see www.gnostickabbalah.com).

Okay, look: Yod-Chava (Jehova) and Jahve-- they are pronounced differently, they are different Monads, different beings and have different Boddhisatvas. They just happened to be spelled the same in the Hebrew language. Both are composed of the same four letters, which as we explained are highly symbolic letters that symbolize a very esoteric and profound aspect of the Being.

Iris, your quotation is something that is totally 100% symbolic and not literal in any way. Lucifer is the Demiurge, he emanates from the Solar Logos (which is the symbolic Jehovah- YHVH), he is the reflection of the Cosmic Christ within our own sexual glands! Lucifer is within Jehovah and Lucifer is within Jahve. He is the staircase that ascends and the staircase that descends! He is in you and me. In food, air and impressions. Everything, everything, everything!

Meditate on these things while you study the works of Master Samael.

Yaldabaoth is an Angel who rules over the mind. Cain and Abel are inferior and superior Manas. Jahve is the head of the Black Lodge, the Elohim are the Gods and Goddesses who rule over all of creation. All of this contains aspects of Lucifer! All of this has a strictly esoteric meaning. Learn the basics first, learn Kabbalah before delving into this type of literature.

72 Names of God

The positive Shemhamphorash is related to the mathematic code within the Holy Tetragrammaton:

Yod
He
Vau
He

This name has 72 applications or mathematical combinations.

Yod : 10
Yod He: 10+5=15
Yod He Vau: 10+5+6=21
Yod He Vau He: 10+5+6+5=26
10+15+21+26=72
72 is 9, that is where the Tetragrammaton is active within us.

The negative Shemhamphorash is related to the 72 antitheses of these "Names of God". They can be found in a particular grimoire that is very famous and totally negative. It is called one of the Lesser Keys of Solomon, but truly it is nothing but a book of black magic that will lead even the most experienced practitioner into the snare of the abyss. Also, the so-called sixth and seventh books of Moses (which were in no way written by Moses) have the negative Shemhamphorash and it's black application. Those books are nothing but handbooks of voodoo for those that are impressed by the immediate magical effects of simple black magic.

The Aquarian Message

When Zionists are speaking of Jahve they are always referring to the Demon because Jahve is their incarcerated leader that they worship and adore. They want you to worship him too so they put his name all over the old testaments in their new translations of the scriptures.

Understood?

[edit on 26-8-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
And how nice is it to attempt to pull as many people as possible, deeper into the IRON JAWS of Samsara?

You`ve attempted to refute LaVeyan Satanism by citing something off another messageboard that seems to be a wordy explanation of some sort of neo-gnosticism. I think. I`m still a little perplexed by all the talk of the christ consciousness inside one`s sexual organs and whatnot.

You are aware that LaVeyan Satanism has nothing to do with any neo-gnostic new agey sort of belief, right?

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wagnerian21
I think. I`m still a little perplexed by all the talk of the christ consciousness inside one`s sexual organs and whatnot.

Well instead of concerning yourself with "neo-Gnostic" and "new-agey" stuff, why don't you learn the symbolic language of Alchemy and read Goethe's Faust or the Ancient Tantras in light of said symblic language.

Then perhaps you'll understand.

And when you search high and low and can't find any sufficient explanations of the symbolism of Alchemy in relation to the Ancient Science of White(Chaste) Tantra, you just might end up going back to the "new-agey" or "neo" Gnostic writings of Samael Aun Weor.

You are aware that LaVeyan Satanism has nothing to do with any neo-gnostic new agey sort of belief, right?

What does it matter?

Facts are what matter.

And the facts are, that if one hopes to find happiness through the unbridled feeding of sensual desire; they are going to be sorely disappointed.

And by the way, the Gnostic teachings of Samael Aun Weor are emphatically distanced from Kalkian personalities, channelers, and fluffy rainbow "new-age" stuff, etc.

He has studied almost the entirety of the Rosicrucian library, Eliphas Levi, Occult Buddhism, Upanishads, Sutras and Tantras, etc.

Why would he revert to, for example, Elizabeth Claire Prophet or Benjamin Creme types of teachings?

[edit on 27-8-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Well instead of concerning yourself with "neo-Gnostic" and "new-agey" stuff, why don't you learn the symbolic language of Alchemy and read Goethe's Faust or the Ancient Tantras in light of said symblic language.

Then perhaps you'll understand.

And when you search high and low and can't find any sufficient explanations of the symbolism of Alchemy in relation to the Ancient Science of White(Chaste) Tantra, you just might end up going back to the "new-agey" or "neo" Gnostic writings of Samael Aun Weor.

Facts are what matter.

And the facts are, that if one hopes to find happiness through the unbridled feeding of sensual desire; they are going to be sorely disappointed.

[edit on 27-8-2006 by Tamahu]

What exactly do alchemy and tantra have to do with LaVeyan Satanism?

Nothing. Not a single thing.

I`m kind of getting the impression here you have a 'true believer' sort of viewpoint, which is fine and all well and good, but we`re talking in circles here. My original intent was to determine what the basis was for your assertion that LaVey published 'ridiculous theories'. You can respond with all the references to tantra and alchemy and whatever else you like, but not one bit of any of that serves as proof that LaVey`s work was 'ridiculous', at least not to anyone who`s not a follower of tantra or alchemy or gnosticism.

You said it yourself- 'facts are what matter'. Point me to facts- point out the logical flaws in LaVey`s work.

Oh, and in regards to: "and the facts are, that if one hopes to find happiness through the unbridled feeding of sensual desire; they are going to be sorely disappointed." Hey, buddy, that`s your opinion and you`re welcome to it- but anyone who HAS found gratification through 'sensual desire' at any point in their life knows better.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wagnerian21
What exactly do alchemy and tantra have to do with LaVeyan Satanism?

Nothing. Not a single thing...

...You said it yourself- 'facts are what matter'. Point me to facts- point out the logical flaws in LaVey`s work.

I originally mentioned that what people generally know as "Satanism", is none other than the worship of Jahve/Yahweh(the Klipothic demon that people mistake with Yahowah/Jehovah).

"Satan" is symbolic of certain things in Gnosticism, the main one being the ego, but is also our internal psychologial trainer that tempts or tests us, so that by comprehending and transceding said temptation, one can ascend the Spheres of the Tree of Life.

Jahve is said to be an actual demon from Klipoth(Hell Realms), the chief of demons that the Zionists worship, or is worshipped by anyone who worships desire/sense graitification; which brings us to LaVey.

You questioned it, and I provided the info to support 'my' side of the debate.

Then you started accusing Samael Aun Weor's Gnostic movement as being "new-agey", and implying that it has no basis in the timeless knowledge or Gnosis that the Sages of all Religions have passed down to Initiates since Ancient times.

Perhaps I reacted to your assertion not as constructively as I could have; but the point here is that it was relevant to the discussion.

Oh, and in regards to: "and the facts are, that if one hopes to find happiness through the unbridled feeding of sensual desire; they are going to be sorely disappointed." Hey, buddy, that`s your opinion and you`re welcome to it- but anyone who HAS found gratification through 'sensual desire' at any point in their life knows better.

Happiness and immediate gratification are not the same thing.

In fact, through trial and error, we can see that by attempting to indulge in sense gratification as much as possible, has not provided lasting happiness for anyone.

Considering that All is Interdependant, things are getting worse and worse due to people's attempts to establish and maintain excessive 'creature comforts', as there are only so many resources to go around, which means that for one to feed desire excessively, means that something has to be taken from someone else who may not even have decent living conditions.

That's just one example.

But the gist is that the ego, "me", "I", "myself"(Shaytan or Ahriman) is the cause of suffering; because to not understand the interdependant nature of people, phenomena, Man and the Universe, is to contribute to the seemingly endless cycle of war, greed, poverty, ruthless dictatorships, capitalism(and it's equally ignorant anti-thesis communism), etc.

Thus the absurdity of LaVey's assertion that independant freedom or happiness can come from feeding desire.

What the Ancient Gnostics, Buddhists, Magi, Rishis, etc. have taught is that instead of suppressing desire, we need to Transmute it.

In this way we go beyond indulgence and suppression, and we walk the Middle Way, which is that which allows All Sentient Beings to attain that which we call lasting Happiness, which has nothing to do with indulgence.

We're all free to believe what we want; but at the same time, it would be of benefit to show where dangers lie to those who seek Happiness, but have been fed the illusion that Happiness comes from indulgence in sense-gratification(the illusion fed to us through media, Satanism, politicians and even many churches, but most importantly our own minds).

Because there isn't a single Sentient Being who doesn't seek Happiness.

However we can't Realize our own Internal Happiness by not confronting and comprehending our internal ugliness either.

Satanism only provides ways to feed that inner ugliness that we all carry within which is the cause of our suffering.

Regards

[edit on 30-8-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TamahuBut the gist is that the ego, "me", "I", "myself"(Shaytan or Ahriman) is the cause of suffering; because to not understand the interdependant nature of people, phenomena, Man and the Universe, is to contribute to the seemingly endless cycle of war, greed, poverty, ruthless dictatorships, capitalism(and it's equally ignorant anti-thesis communism), etc.

Thus the absurdity of LaVey's assertion that independant freedom or happiness can come from feeding desire.

What the Ancient Gnostics, Buddhists, Magi, Rishis, etc. have taught is that instead of suppressing desire, we need to Transmute it.

In this way we go beyond indulgence and suppression, and we walk the Middle Way, which is that which allows All Sentient Beings to attain that which we call lasting Happiness, which has nothing to do with indulgence.

We're all free to believe what we want; but at the same time, it would be of benefit to show where dangers lie to those who seek Happiness, but have been fed the illusion that Happiness comes from indulgence in sense-gratification(the illusion fed to us through media, Satanism, politicians and even many churches, but most importantly our own minds).

Because there isn't a single Sentient Being who doesn't seek Happiness.

However we can't Realize our own Internal Happiness by not confronting and comprehending our internal ugliness either.

Satanism only provides ways to feed that inner ugliness that we all carry within which is the cause of our suffering.

Regards

[edit on 30-8-2006 by Tamahu]

Well said, Tamahu.

"...For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God."

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Personally, i follow the Satanic Bible and will continue to do so because it makes me happy.
And every night when i get that 'sensual desire' , ill satisfy it and go to bed with a big smile on my face. Not being being crude or anything, but when im heating things up and in the final thorws of the vinegar strokes, ill defy anyone to tell me that i dont look happy!!

Have you found happiness Tamahu ? no offence mate, but you sounded a little bit angry in your last post : )

If what you believe in hasn't brought you happiness, then i dont see why we should discredit LaVey's idea's for the same reason.

I know youre referring to long-term happiness, but if that takes a long time to achieve, whats the point? no-one knows for certain how long they'll be on earth so ill continue to have my little bit of happiness every day untill i die.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Greetings RadioheadLee

There's a difference between being relatively-stern and getting angry.

And to address your point...

In the teachings of Zen Buddhism and Dzogchen/Mahamudra(and Gnosis as well), Happiness isn't something arrived at per-se', as Happiness is our original unconditioned state of Being("God" if you will) that is always 'there'.

Theoretically, it is taught that one can Realize that Emptiness(which is Fullness and vica-versa) or Being, at any given 'moment' as to achieve Liberation(Moksha); however, it just doesn't happen very often, as the majority of practitioner's words, thoughts and deeds betray that we are not Liberated, and are still attached.

I'll let His Holiness explain for us, with some added commentary:

The Four Noble Truths

The Two Truths

...So how can we develope a personal understanding of the fundamental Buddhist doctrine of the Two truths? By coming to know our everyday world of lived experience(Gnosis), we appreciate what is known as samvaharasatya, the world of conventional reality, where the Causal principle(Tiphereth) operates. If we accept the reality of this world as conventional, then we can accept the empty nature of this world which, according to Buddhism, is the ultimate truth, the Paramarthasatya(which Yeshua and many other Christified Buddhas are said to have achieved).

The relationship between these two aspects of reality is important. The world of appearance is used not so much as a contrast or an opposite to the world of ultimate truth, but rather as the evidence, the very basis on which the ultimate nature of reality is established(God wants to Self-Realize Her/Him-Self in all of His/Her parts in existence)...

...Now when we speak of happiness in Buddhism, our understanding of it is not confined to a state of feeling. Certainly cessation(the total cessation of suffering) is not a state of feeling, and yet we could say that cessation is the highest form of happines because it is, by definition, complete freedom from suffering. Here again cessation, or true happiness, does not come into being from nowhere or without any cause.

This is a subtle point, of course, because from a Buddhist perspective cessation is not a conditioned event, so it cannot be said to be actually produced, or caused by anything. However, the actualization or attainment of cessation does depend on the Path and on an individual's(Buddha Nature or the small spark of Christ that the average person has incarnated, which has the potential of taking us into full Buddha or Christ-Hood) effort.

You cannot attain cessation without making an effort. In this sense we can therefore say that the path that leads to cessation is the cause of cessation.

- H.H. the Dalai Lama

As long as we stay caught up in the whirlwind of the senses, desire and our fundamental i-gno-rance of the Law of the Cause and Effect of Karma(which H.P. Blavatsky rightfully said, is indeed a heavy rock thrown into the calm Waters of Life), we will always be subject to suffering.

"Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be the Whole of the Law"

Just realize that it would be wise to not forget that interdependence and karma(cause and effect based on the reality of interdependence) are Self-Evident, Scientific-Actual Facts.

Perhaps someone else or I will elaborate on this a little later on...

[edit on 31-8-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Let us explore further.

Satanism claims that it offers us a way to live a life of Independence, not based on dogma, beliefs etc. etc. right?

Well, the fact that we are attached to things and do not have Absolute Mastery of the senses, shows that we are not Independent(We have to be Malachim or Kings and Queens of Nature in order to be true Individuals or an Indivisible-Duality).

Because attachment shows that there is a belief in an intrinsic subject and an intrinsic object, right?

Of course; there is duality.

The belief in one who desires, and the desired, which is only a trick of the mind.

There is a dependent relationship(which is usually not even an complete relationship, because there is almost always unconscious mechanicity involved, instead of the Conscious Comprehension of the Way that the "two", or apparent subjects and objects relate) between an apparent subject and object, which the deluded mind believes are two seperate things.

Therefore there is some sort of dependence involved as long as there is a subject and object, self and other, etc. The Veil of Maya.

Attachment and desire are obviously not true Independence.

But it gets tricky, because we do depend on All Sentient Beings(who are really us) in order to Attain the Final Liberation, which is Independence.

But it is also taught that there can be genuine sincere Compassion, or Love, for "other" Sentient Beings that is not based on attachment.

This is called Bodhicitta, and requires daily in-depth meditation in order to comprehend directly(Gnosis), and not just in the intellect.

In Light of this, I'd suggest re-reading my last post containing the Dalai Lama's Divine Words.

[edit on 31-8-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
"If you are not happy here and now, you never will be.” -Taisen Deshimaru

"Love is the Law, but conscious Love. Do what thou will, but know that thy shall have to answer for all thy deeds."

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
An applicable Bhagavad Gita quote and a general analysis

Bhagavad Gita 2:62-63

When a man dwells in his mind on the object of sense, attachment to them is produced. From attachment springs desire and from desire comes anger. From anger arises bewilderment, from bewilderment loss of memory; and from loss of memory, the destruction of intelligence and from the destruction of intelligence he perishes.

This says that the object of sensual pleasure is recognized as such; pleasurable, by the primitive aspect of mind and in so recognizing this quality develops an attachment for the stated object which manifests as desire, within the mind. It says that from this desire comes anger, that is to say that inevitably frustration will develop from the obstacles one encounters when trying to satisfy these desires which stem from the minds need to experience the sensual pleasure they offer [look to drug addiction for analogy].

As a result of this frustration [anger] bewilderment develops. Bewilderment, in the stated sense, can be defined as a lack of consideration or inability to percieve other matters of importance. Bewilderment has caused the mind to become insensitive to other aspects of life, namely the higher forms of thought which cannot derive pleasure from man's primitive, biological, reward system. This i-gno-rance is a result of a singlemindedness in thought and action which were derived from sensual addiction, a hereditary legacy of our animal origins. The end result is the loss of intelligence or the ability to reason objectively [intellectual death] which is a quality we find in wild animals [devolution].

Poemandres, The Shepard of Men

And he who thus hath learned to know himself, hath reached that good which doth transcend abundance; but he who through a love that leads astray, expends his love upon his body; he stays in darkness wandering, and suffering through his senses things of death.

Kindest regards

[edit on 31-8-2006 by lucum per lucerna]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Well said, lucum per lucerna

Thus we can see that the Doctrine of Lord Krishna(Vishnu made flesh) is almost identical to that of the Buddha of Compassion Chenrezig/Avalokitesvara.

The Bhagavad Gita is also very, very similar to the Gospels of Master Aberamentho(Yeshua Ben Pandera).

Anger is one of the Three Poisons which are the anti-thesis of the Logos.

Anger is the opposite of The Son(Chokmah/Vishnu).

Ignorance is the opposite of The Father(Kether/Brahma).

Lust is the opposite of The Holy-Spirit(Binah/Shiva)

To Transmute and to ultimately eliminate these Poisons, is to complete the Path.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Interesting, this is the first time I've heard anyone blend Satanism with other religions such as Hindu. I'm afraid I don't see the similarities. I wonder how many Hindi would agree with this combination. I wonder how many Satanists would agree. The only thing above that seemed consistent with the Satanist I'd come under the education of was the following:

I understand Wiccans have a modified version with the cavaet that as long as it harms no one. Interesting, those similarities.

[edit on 1-9-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Who's blending Satanism with Hinduism?

About this:

Aleister Crowley(who deviated from the actual Gnostic Church) did not come up with that by the way.

It is a Thelemic phrase of the Catholic Gnostic Church that probably comes from Ancient times.

Many of the early Church Fathers were Thelemites, so it is not "Satanic".

See this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1-9-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Who's blending Satanism with Hinduism?

I presume this is a rhetorical question

About this:

Aleister Crowley(who deviated from the actual Gnostic Church) did not come up with that by the way.

It is a Thelemic phrase of the Catholic Gnostic Church that probably comes from Ancient times.

Many of the early Church Fathers were Thelemites, so it is not "Satanic".

Why would a Satanist "acquire" (if this be the case) this mode of law? Why would anyone with the names "Catholic" and "Church" in the title acquire this anti-Biblical principle?

[edit on 1-9-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Hey guys, Im a new member and I registered an account purely for this post.

I am a satanist and there are a few misconceptions in this thread from what I see.

LaVeyan Satanism is also refered to as Philisophical Satanism.

There are two types of common satanism, Philisophical and Religious (accept these terms) religious satanism refers to Christianity's satanism while Philisophical Satanism just borrows the term "Satan". In the Church of Satan (the first and only reall organization dedicated to philisophical satanism, screw the temple of set and others) there is no actuall diety Satan, satan is an idea, a force and a power.

I highly recommend that everyone reads all the text on www.churchofsatan.com for more detailed info.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
I presume this is a rhetorical question

No.

I'm sincerely asking who in this thread has mixed Hinduism with Satanism?

I haven't seen it.

Why would a Satanist "acquire" (if this be the case) this mode of law? Why would anyone with the names "Catholic" and "Church" in the title acquire this anti-Biblical principle?

I provided a link that explains it in my last post.

The gist of it is that Aleister Crowley was an Initiate of the Catholic Gnostic Church, and then he fell, but then continued to utilize Thelemic terminology(and many people even assume that he invented said terms and mottos) in his teachings, even though he betrayed the Gnostic Church.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
"Do what thou wilst" was not just a theme expressed by Anton LaVey (if indeed he expressed it, I don't know), I'm saying it is a predominating thought in theistic Satanism and has claimed to be the originators thereof.

[edit on 5-9-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Yes, many "Satanists" and Black Magicians do utilize Thelemic terminology.

However the origin of Thelema is found within the White Lodge, the Catholic Gnostic Church, and is in reference to doing the Will of Heaven here on Earth.

Without Chastity there is no real Will-Power, and some of the early Church Fathers understood this and were therefore Thelemites(they learned how to Transmute and Meditate instead of suppress, the latter of which the Roman Catholics and other modern Christians do).

In fact, one might be surprised to find out that some of the Church Fathers who apparently condemned the Gnostics, were in actuality Gnostic themselves.

The Black Magicians also utilize Thelema, but in an inverted way.

Instead of raising the Brazen Serpent of Moses which is the Kundalini, the Black Magicians gain power from its anti-thesis which is Satan's Tail.

So in one sense, you could say that the negative Shiva and Kali cults do mix Hinduism with Satanism, by utilizing the Force of Shiva in an inverted way.

The Positive Devotees of Shiva or the Hindu White Magicians, are in actuality worshipping the same Spiritual Principle that is known as the Holy Spirit in Christianity.

[edit on 5-9-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Straight From The Devil's Mouth

Originally posted by Reign4Ever
I highly recommend that everyone reads all the text on www.churchofsatan.com for more detailed info.

I think this bears repeating, because we seem to be straying afield of the original topic, which is:

Anton LaVey & The Church of Satan

When it comes to the Church of Satan, I can't think of a better authority than, well, the Church of Satan. Wikipedia also has a good article on Satanism.

I've had the pleasure of discussing Satanism with quite a few different members of the Church of Satan, and they're quite an interesting bunch.

Granted, there are many different brands of Satanism, some of which involve genuine "devil worship", but the Church of Satan doesn't condone what most people might consider the behavior of "Satanic cults".

Indeed, the Church of Satan promotes an ethos which is based on the exaltation of self, pursuit of excellence, rationalism, materialism and is heavily influenced by philosophies such as Ayn Rand's Objectivism with trappings from various forms of classical mysticism -- though usually adopted from a somewhat less mystical perspective.

For such Satanists, Satan is commonly thought of as a sort of "mascot", not unlike the way Mickey Mouse is a mascot for the Walt Disney Company, and actual worship of an external deity is generally rejected.

However, LaVeyan Satanism regards individuality and personal freedom as core ideals, so Satanists tend to interpret all these things on their own terms.

Quite refreshing, really.

Anyway, I thought I should point these things out, but of course...

Your Infernal Mileage May Vary.

[edit on 9/5/2006 by Majic]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join